Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines)
Reload this Page >

5,000 pqm for us club membership until 05/31/2014 is now here! (NEW: updated date)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 9, 2013, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: aztimm
5,000 Preferred-qualifying miles: new & existing members*

Earn 5,000 Preferred-qualifying miles when you buy or renew an annual membership by May 31, 2014. Enroll or renew online or call 800-828-8522 and use promo code NM500 for new memberships or CR500 for renewals.

Link to US site:
http://www.usairways.com/en-US/traveltools/club/default.html
Click on the, "News & Offers," tab and it is the 2nd item down.
Print Wikipost

5,000 pqm for us club membership until 05/31/2014 is now here! (NEW: updated date)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2013, 7:30 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
I got a similar email to those above, except for a new membership:

Purchase a US Airways Club membership by October 25, 2013 and you'll get $50 off and the $50 initiation fee waived, for a total savings of $100. You'll also earn 5,000 Preferred-qualifying miles and get a complimentary Regus Businessworld membership. Just be sure to use promo code NM500.

An annual club membership gives you access to more than 250 clubs worldwide. It's the perfect place to relax or work before and between your flights.
Old Oct 22, 2013, 7:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
Easy as pie. Called in, got the $50 off and PQMs were in my account by the end of the call. ^
Old Oct 22, 2013, 12:30 pm

I'm reposting this because I have the same question, and it looks like you initially asked something completely different ("count towards dividend miles purposes") and edited your original post after receiving an answer to the wrong question.

I'm assuming the 5,000 bonus PQMs count toward the next Special Dividend threshold, but can anyone confirm this from experience? I'm expecting to be just short of the 60,000 tier at the end of the year. I'll probably buy a membership if the bonus PQMs will earn me the ability to add my wife by the end of the year, but if the bonus PQMs don't count toward Special Dividends for whatever reason and that means the membership will just be for me, I might hold off.

Thanks in advance and apologies for reposting the question to be absolutely clear.

Originally Posted by mbece
Do you guys know if the 5,000 PQM count towards special dividend purposes? I will be like 3,000 short of the special dividend to get upgraded on award flights, so if they count, I'm pulling the trigger.
Old Oct 22, 2013, 12:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Captain Flush
I'm reposting this because I have the same question, and it looks like you initially asked something completely different ("count towards dividend miles purposes") and edited your original post after receiving an answer to the wrong question.

I'm assuming the 5,000 bonus PQMs count toward the next Special Dividend threshold, but can anyone confirm this from experience? I'm expecting to be just short of the 60,000 tier at the end of the year. I'll probably buy a membership if the bonus PQMs will earn me the ability to add my wife by the end of the year, but if the bonus PQMs don't count toward Special Dividends for whatever reason and that means the membership will just be for me, I might hold off.

Thanks in advance and apologies for reposting the question to be absolutely clear.
They do. There's no distinction in where the PQMs come from.

It'd be a different story if Special Dividends were based on BIS miles, but they're not.
Old Oct 22, 2013, 1:19 pm

Fantastic. That's what I was hoping/assuming, but having additional anecdotal confirmation helps. Thanks!

Originally Posted by Superguy
They do. There's no distinction in where the PQMs come from.

It'd be a different story if Special Dividends were based on BIS miles, but they're not.
Old Oct 22, 2013, 1:43 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Yes, I realized my question said dividend miles instead of "special dividends" which is what I actually meant. I'm happy to hear that!
Old Oct 22, 2013, 2:21 pm

Programs: US GP (used to be *G, now,what)
Originally Posted by Superguy
Easy as pie. Called in, got the $50 off and PQMs were in my account by the end of the call. ^
I followed your lead and it was actually pretty easy compared to what I was expecting. Woman was very nice and I had my PQM before hanging up!
Old Oct 22, 2013, 2:31 pm

Programs: US Chairman, Marriott Platinum, Starwood Gold
PQM

Do the 5K PQM come with the 90 day membership?
Old Oct 22, 2013, 2:33 pm

Programs: AA EP, AA AC
When I renewed my membership (i.e. went from 90 day to annual) at the new LGA and got its special pricing over the summer, I got 5000 PQMs which was nice.

Safe Travels
Old Oct 22, 2013, 2:40 pm

Programs: US CP, MR Plat, SPG Plat, HHonors Gold, National X
Originally Posted by phllyflyboy
Do the 5K PQM come with the 90 day membership?
No.
Old Oct 22, 2013, 5:49 pm

Of course I got my membership 5 days ago...I always get all the luck
Old Oct 22, 2013, 7:32 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by lizs
Of course I got my membership 5 days ago...I always get all the luck
Might be worth a call in to the preferred desk.
Old Oct 23, 2013, 7:08 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Silver, AA Plat, DL Silver, SW A-List, Emerald Club Exec
5,000 pqm for us club membership until 12/31/13 is now here!

I did the same thing Lizs!
Old Oct 23, 2013, 7:24 am

Programs: AA Ex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver
So I got the email about the $50 off and waived initiation fee and am looking to sign up. Is this $50 off the annual fee in addition to my already discounted amount of $375 for the club bringing it to $325 or would I only get the $50 waived initiation fee and still $375 for the year as that is cheaper than just $50 off the $450 fee.

The Terms say it cannot be combined with any other offer but wanted to see what I'm signing up for before buying.

Thanks,

Lance
Old Oct 23, 2013, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Robertsonland
So I got the email about the $50 off and waived initiation fee and am looking to sign up. Is this $50 off the annual fee in addition to my already discounted amount of $375 for the club bringing it to $325 or would I only get the $50 waived initiation fee and still $375 for the year as that is cheaper than just $50 off the $450 fee.

The Terms say it cannot be combined with any other offer but wanted to see what I'm signing up for before buying.

Thanks,

Lance
You get whatever the deal states plus the discount for your elite status.

Since I was renewing, my deal was $50 off and 5k PQMs. Since I'm a CP, my base price was $325. I paid $275 and got 5k PQMs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.