Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines)
Reload this Page >

Annual 50% Hotel Transfer Bonus (excluding SPG) - ENDED April 30, 2013

Old Mar 24, 13, 4:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat

Usually happens this time of year. Just curious if anyone "in the know" had any ideas if it may be coming.
Old Apr 1, 13, 11:33 am

It seems to be back (excluding SPG)!

No email yet, but the hotel points transfer page has been updated to reflect a 50% bonus on transfers made April 1-30, 2013

P.S. It might be wiser to wait a day (I seem to recall one of the hotel partners backdates transfers by a day) until the wording is clarified. Currently the fine print is very confusing:

Eligibility: Offer void where prohibited by law. No registration required. Only miles converted with an activity date between April 1, 2013 and April 30, 2013 will earn a bonus. Earning bonus miles: Bonus miles are in addition to Dividend Miles awarded by hotel partners for points conversions. Only hotel points that are converted into Dividend Miles April 1 – 30, 2013 are eligible ('eligible activity date'). Hotel bonus miles do not count toward Preferred status. Bonus miles will post 6 – 8 weeks from date of transaction. Dividend Miles members will earn only one bonus when they transfer hotel points into Dividend Miles during the promotion. Dividend Miles members will earn a 50% bonus.

Eligible activity date: Eligible activity date is based on the date the qualifying partner records the mileage transaction, and not necessarily the date on which the transaction occurred. US Airways assumes no responsibility for how qualifying partners record activity dates. Check with the applicable partner to confirm policies and procedures for recording activity dates. The last date that activity from a qualifying partner can be received by US Airways for bonus miles consideration is April 10, 2013, regardless of the eligible activity date for such activity.

Last edited by monahos; Apr 1, 13 at 11:43 am
Old Apr 1, 13, 11:49 am

Wonder why SPG is excluded? That is where my points would come from. Oh well, we can't get everything we want in life. Good luck to the people who can take advantage of this offer!
Old Apr 1, 13, 11:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Thanks!
Old Apr 2, 13, 7:24 am

"Dividend Miles members will earn only one bonus when they transfer hotel points into Dividend Miles during the promotion."

Does this mean each Dividend Miles member can only receive the bonus once? In other words, I cannot receive a Dividend Miles bonus for receiving points transferred from Marriott, and again from Wyndham?
Old Apr 2, 13, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by vortix View Post
"Dividend Miles members will earn only one bonus when they transfer hotel points into Dividend Miles during the promotion."

Does this mean each Dividend Miles member can only receive the bonus once? In other words, I cannot receive a Dividend Miles bonus for receiving points transferred from Marriott, and again from Wyndham?
I sure hope not. Would be a good excuse to knock out all those little hotel accounts that we were saving for the GS that never happened
Old Apr 2, 13, 9:28 am

Will multiple transfers from same program work - I have 70K wyndham points. Can transfer a block of 30K/17.5K/8K. So I will have to do block of 4 transfers (with17.5K each). Will this count as 1 or as 4 transfers. Any one who has done this in the past.

Old Apr 2, 13, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Darn no SPG. I was looking forward to this.
Old Apr 2, 13, 9:32 am

Programs: BA Silver, American Airlines, Marriott Gold LT, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by UA Fan View Post
Darn no SPG. I was looking forward to this.
+1

Agreed... that's a big bummer for me as well.
Old Apr 2, 13, 9:51 am
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
Pls post experiences with Wyndham. You can pick a higher total, but it will be increments of set levels. Do they post as several transfers, and if so bonus on all?
Old Apr 2, 13, 11:21 am
Original Poster

This was a T & C last year. I took that to mean only one transaction would earn the bonus. I only did one. I could be wrong.
Old Apr 2, 13, 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by domino007 View Post
Will multiple transfers from same program work - I have 70K wyndham points. Can transfer a block of 30K/17.5K/8K. So I will have to do block of 4 transfers (with17.5K each). Will this count as 1 or as 4 transfers. Any one who has done this in the past.
I'm curious as well.
Old Apr 2, 13, 12:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
Originally Posted by domino007 View Post
Just transferred multiple blocks of 8K. On the processing page you enter the quantity of one of the three blocks. I believe this total will give the bonus and treat it as one posting. I dont remember if these blocks post as one posting.

If you want different block sizes they are different transactions from WR, and more likely to be treated as several by US despite posting same day. We will see.

Any GS veterans remembering the WR posting pattern/dates to US?
Old Apr 2, 13, 2:03 pm

So is it confirmed that the bonus only posts for one hotel transfer? No point in sending over points from more than one brand?
Old Apr 2, 13, 3:20 pm
Original Member

Programs: Lifetime Platinum Marriott
Marriott Travel Package?

Anyone know if the Marriott Travel Package miles work for this promotion?

I know one of the airlines did not count them in the past.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: