Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines)
Reload this Page >

Annual 50% Hotel Transfer Bonus (excluding SPG) - ENDED April 30, 2013

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Annual 50% Hotel Transfer Bonus (excluding SPG) - ENDED April 30, 2013

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2013, 5:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
I started the thread and just did my transfer. 235k Marriott points. Will yield 5 nights at a Category 1-5 Hotel plus 120k US Miles and the 60k bonus. 120k miles should post in 48 hours. I would expect the 60k bonus in mid May. I love this bonus.
Old Apr 10, 2013, 11:25 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Wouldn't be better to transfer to United instead of US Air ... as there are many points promos for US and hardly any for UA.
Old Apr 10, 2013, 11:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by Kalboz
Wouldn't be better to transfer to United instead of US Air ... as there are many points promos for US and hardly any for UA.
The transfer rate without a bonus is quite poor without a bonus (except SPG).
Old Apr 11, 2013, 12:19 pm

Programs: All major Airlines, Hotel Chains, Credit Cards and Car Rentals
Activity date or post date?

I had initiated a Marriott transfer to my US account back in February which for some reason never posted. After many phone calls with Marriott Rewards, they finally confirmed that I was right and US miles never got deposited. So, they then re-initiated the transfer. I see now that US miles posted today. I am hoping that this transaction would qualify for the bonus. However, under the mileage activity in my US account, the date is still from February with a post date from today.

Does any one know if this deposit is eligible for the bonus or not, given that activity date is in February but post date is April 11?
Old Apr 11, 2013, 12:23 pm
Suspended

Programs: All major programs
Originally Posted by jeelele
I had initiated a Marriott transfer to my US account back in February which for some reason never posted. After many phone calls with Marriott Rewards, they finally confirmed that I was right and US miles never got deposited. So, they then re-initiated the transfer. I see now that US miles posted today. I am hoping that this transaction would qualify for the bonus. However, under the mileage activity in my US account, the date is still from February with a post date from today.

Does any one know if this deposit is eligible for the bonus or not, given that activity date is in February but post date is April 11?
IIRC, it is the activity date that matters for the bonus. So u may not get the bonus. YMMV especially since yours is a special case.
Old Apr 11, 2013, 12:43 pm

Programs: ALL MAJOR FFP AND FSP
another data point, multiples of same increment of WR points posted as one aggregate transaction to US on Wednesday

hope bonus posts soon, if last year's speed was any indication, it should post in approx. 3 weeks
Old Apr 11, 2013, 1:12 pm

Programs: All major Airlines, Hotel Chains, Credit Cards and Car Rentals
Originally Posted by gv111
IIRC, it is the activity date that matters for the bonus. So u may not get the bonus. YMMV especially since yours is a special case.
Yeah, I have a feeling that I will not get the bonus. Wish Marriott would have done this in a way so that activity date would be within the current promo. Bonus may post given my peculiar case, though I am not too hopeful. You never know...
Old Apr 11, 2013, 2:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Originally Posted by Mr. Vker
I started the thread and just did my transfer. 235k Marriott points. Will yield 5 nights at a Category 1-5 Hotel plus 120k US Miles and the 60k bonus. 120k miles should post in 48 hours. I would expect the 60k bonus in mid May. I love this bonus.
Quick data point: 120k US FF miles posted at 3pm today. About 20 hours after ordering.
Old Apr 15, 2013, 11:18 am

Vker, how did you book 5 nights instead of 7? on the travel packages page it only shows you can redeem nights in groups of 7.
Old Apr 15, 2013, 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by jkuflik
Vker, how did you book 5 nights instead of 7? on the travel packages page it only shows you can redeem nights in groups of 7.
I think Vker is able to book 5 nights as he is MVCI member. Only vacation owners can request air + 5 nights package.
Old Apr 15, 2013, 2:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by easygoing77
I think Vker is able to book 5 nights as he is MVCI member. Only vacation owners can request air + 5 nights package.
^
Old Apr 16, 2013, 6:20 am

Programs: AA lifetime gold, Marriott Plat.
So the promotion is now ended? Am I reading this correctly? No use in transferring my MR to us air now!
Old Apr 16, 2013, 6:25 am
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
Originally Posted by tatmtr7
So the promotion is now ended? Am I reading this correctly? No use in transferring my MR to us air now!
50% bonus on transfers made April 1-30, 2013
Old Apr 16, 2013, 6:36 am

Programs: AA lifetime gold, Marriott Plat.
Originally Posted by travelkid
50% bonus on transfers made April 1-30, 2013
So does the April 10 date refer to when the MR points were earned? Can you tell that I have never done this before! I also have a brand new dividend acct and hope that won't make the transfer ineligible ?
Thanks!
Old Apr 16, 2013, 7:18 am
Suspended

Programs: All major programs
Originally Posted by tatmtr7
So does the April 10 date refer to when the MR points were earned? Can you tell that I have never done this before! I also have a brand new dividend acct and hope that won't make the transfer ineligible ?
Thanks!
April 10 refers to the posting date of hotel transfer into US. It was a typo and has been corrected to May 10.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.