can you still transfer aeroplan to us airways 100:84 w/ points.com?

Old Nov 10, 2014, 9:36 pm

Originally Posted by eethan
Can I transfer my Amex MR points into my family member's US Air account? That is, can I do this:

My Amex -> My Aeroplan acct --Points.com--> Family member's US Air acct ?

Normally, I'd add my family member as an add'l Amex cardholder to transfer pts to their Aeroplan acct. However, my Amex gold has $50 fee for add'l cardholder.
You could link AMEX MR directly to his/her Aeroplan #, then he/she can do his/her own transfer

After the transfer, you could call up AMEX to de-link his/her Aeroplan # (with good explanation) and link to your own # again
Old Nov 10, 2014, 10:26 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Eethan, you can do it without a problem as long as your AC & your relative's US are not already linked to 2 different points.com accounts. Also, provided your AC & your own US are not already in your own points.com account.

Say if your points.com contains your AC & NO US, then just add your relative's US to your own points.com, declaring his/ her name correctly. Then do the transfer.

Or if neither your AC nor his/her US is linked to points.com, you can open up a new points.com account with a secondary email address, link only those 2 accounts to it, then do it.
Old Nov 10, 2014, 10:33 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
BTW the ratio is now 1000 AC --> 795 US.
Old Nov 13, 2014, 8:28 pm

Programs: AA MM PP, MR LT Plat, Globalist
Brendan, thanks for the tips.

So it seems Person A's Aeroplan can transfer to Person B's US acct, provided A & B's accts are not already linked to 2 different points.com accounts.

Amex->Aeroplan and Points.com transfers seem instant, so I'll find the award seats, place them on 3-day hold and then initiate the transfers. Will let you all know if it goes through without a hitch.
Old Nov 13, 2014, 9:07 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club

So it seems Person A's Aeroplan can transfer to Person B's US acct, provided A & B's accts are not already linked to 2 different points.com accounts.

Amex->Aeroplan and Points.com transfers seem instant, so I'll find the award seats, place them on 3-day hold and then initiate the transfers. Will let you all know if it goes through without a hitch.
Just a heads up that I did this ... then the US account fell under an audit and has been there since April. I don't know whether this was related but it conveniently was RIGHT around the same time.
Old Nov 13, 2014, 10:15 pm

points.com transfers aren't instant.
Old Nov 13, 2014, 11:57 pm

True, Yerffej201! Amex to AC is instant, but points.com is not. Takes a few days. I'll write again tomorrow.
Old Nov 20, 2014, 5:36 pm
b8b

Programs: DL Plat; HH Diamond; SPG & Hyatt Plat
Any update? Curious to see how this turned out as I am considering something similar. TIA!
Old Dec 10, 2014, 8:26 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, BONVOY GOLD
So re-opening this thread, do these transfers still work?

I would like to transfer Aeroplan to US Airways, and then once the merger takes place, have them become AA miles...
Old Dec 11, 2014, 4:11 am

Originally Posted by coleworld
So re-opening this thread, do these transfers still work?

I would like to transfer Aeroplan to US Airways, and then once the merger takes place, have them become AA miles...
You can certainly try

I may do another one in Jan 2015 (probably last one we can, before USDM merges into AA), will report back
Old Jan 6, 2015, 7:07 am

so it's 2015, anyone doing one yet?
I'll do it shortly, as 2015 is probably the last year we can transfer Aeroplan -> USDM -> AA
Old Jan 6, 2015, 7:17 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by jerryhung
so it's 2015, anyone doing one yet?
I'll do it shortly, as 2015 is probably the last year we can transfer Aeroplan -> USDM -> AA
Yup. I have to get on it. Procrastinated last year but gotta do it now before it goes away. I'm sure it will disappear without warning, too...
Old Jan 7, 2015, 9:05 pm

I've transferred 50K Aeroplan to USDM, should see it in 2-3 days

In other news
Starting Tonight: Link American AAdvantage & US Airways Dividend Miles Accounts - One Mile at a Time
Old Jan 8, 2015, 9:06 am

Programs: Aeroplan, BONVOY GOLD
Originally Posted by jerryhung
I've transferred 50K Aeroplan to USDM, should see it in 2-3 days

In other news
Starting Tonight: Link American AAdvantage & US Airways Dividend Miles Accounts - One Mile at a Time
How much can you transfer in a year? Is there a 100k limit or something? Or was I dreaming.

Also, after I link my AA and US Air accts, will be able to use my dividend miles as AA miles immediately? (1:1)

Last edited by coleworld; Jan 8, 2015 at 9:11 am
Old Jan 8, 2015, 9:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

"after I link my AA and US Air accts, will be able to use my dividend miles as AA miles immediately? (1:1)"

No.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.