Community
Wiki Posts
Search

can you still transfer aeroplan to us airways 100:84 w/ points.com?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2014, 6:56 am
zh

Programs: TK *G, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond,UA Silver
I had 2 trades using and they both were successful. 3 days before I received confirmation
Old Jan 15, 2014, 10:21 am

Programs: Hyatt: Diamond, HHonors: Diamond, SPG: Gold
Originally Posted by MisterSelfish
Tried exchanging 50K for 42K, in Mrs. Selfish's account and my own 2 days ago. Just got a message on hers saying:

"Unfortunately, your exchange has been cancelled as we were unable to process it. If you would like to try again, please visit Points.com"

Still haven't heard back on mine, and I am unable to log into her account anymore (just throws a password error now). Has anyone made a successful trade this month?
A new data point. My transfer went through in about 3 business days, but my wife's account has been closed down. Apparently there was an authentication error on the part of Aeroplan and points.com's RISK team closed it down.

Trying to get them to reopen it...
Old Jan 19, 2014, 12:54 pm

Programs: Hyatt: Diamond, HHonors: Diamond, SPG: Gold
Another update: Apparently Aeroplan flagged the transfer as bogus and points.com responded by shutting down my wife's account. No idea why they did that to her account, but ignored my transfer as the conditions were practically identical.

A few calls to Aeroplan to verify that the she had wanted to make the transfer cleared things up, and her account is now back up and running.

Hope that helps if anyone runs into a similar situation.
Old Jan 20, 2014, 7:26 pm

Took about 3 biz days for me as well. Got the points.com email and immediately booked award travel on usairways! BooYah!
Old Feb 27, 2014, 4:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Would this scheme work for brandnew Aeroplan account?

Long long time ago I had an Aeroplan account that was before it was still owned by AC versus now an independent entity.

I am pretty much sure the old account is long been purged by Aeroplan.

So I would need to open a new account.

Would Aeroplan allow a new account to take in transfer from Point.com and then later allow transfer out to US?
Old Feb 28, 2014, 12:53 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, Marriott Rewards Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, TK M&S Elite
Originally Posted by Happy
Long long time ago I had an Aeroplan account that was before it was still owned by AC versus now an independent entity.

I am pretty much sure the old account is long been purged by Aeroplan.

So I would need to open a new account.

Would Aeroplan allow a new account to take in transfer from Point.com and then later allow transfer out to US?
Yup. That's exactly what I did AMEX MR to Aeroplan to US Airways. The miles sat in the Aeroplan account for a whole 5 minutes!
Old Jul 21, 2014, 1:57 pm
b8b

Programs: DL Plat; HH Diamond; SPG & Hyatt Plat
Is this still working out to take about 3 business days?
Old Oct 17, 2014, 9:23 am

Programs: AA, UR
I need 180k US and saw on points.com someone is exchanging 215k Aeroplan for them, is this just a dummy transfer? I've never used points.com before so forgive my ignorance, I thought you can only transfer 100k a year In 50k intervals?
Old Oct 17, 2014, 4:52 pm

Originally Posted by jessjess
I need 180k US and saw on points.com someone is exchanging 215k Aeroplan for them, is this just a dummy transfer? I've never used points.com before so forgive my ignorance, I thought you can only transfer 100k a year In 50k intervals?
you can't. where did you see that?
Old Oct 17, 2014, 5:54 pm

Programs: AA, UR
Originally Posted by yerffej201
you can't. where did you see that?
When I input that I need 180k US miles, it shows the top result for exchange is 215k Aeroplan. But obviously when I click the rules it says max 100k per year so I was confused.
Old Oct 17, 2014, 9:50 pm

Originally Posted by jessjess
When I input that I need 180k US miles, it shows the top result for exchange is 215k Aeroplan. But obviously when I click the rules it says max 100k per year so I was confused.
even though it'll show the ratio i don't think it'll let you move 215k at a time.
Old Oct 28, 2014, 8:29 am

Is this working?

Just got the news Dividend Miles is for sure mergin with AA.

Just dont wanna get stuck with Aeroplan points!

Have about 50k in Membership Awards waiting for the conversion... should I go for it?
Old Oct 28, 2014, 10:51 am

Originally Posted by brunomotta
Just got the news Dividend Miles is for sure mergin with AA.

Just dont wanna get stuck with Aeroplan points!

Have about 50k in Membership Awards waiting for the conversion... should I go for it?
Yes, still working.
Old Nov 10, 2014, 7:59 pm

Programs: AA MM PP, MR LT Plat, Globalist
Can I transfer my Amex MR points into my family member's US Air account? That is, can I do this:

My Amex -> My Aeroplan acct --Points.com--> Family member's US Air acct ?

Normally, I'd add my family member as an add'l Amex cardholder to transfer pts to their Aeroplan acct. However, my Amex gold has $50 fee for add'l cardholder.

Last edited by eethan; Nov 10, 2014 at 9:09 pm
Old Nov 10, 2014, 9:21 pm

Originally Posted by eethan
Can I transfer my Amex MR points into my family member's US Air account? That is, can I do this:

My Amex -> My Aeroplan acct --Points.com--> Family member's US Air acct ?

Normally, I'd add my family member as an add'l Amex cardholder to transfer pts to their Aeroplan acct. However, my Amex gold has $50 fee for add'l cardholder.
to my knowledge, your ap and usdm accs need to name match.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.