Wiki Posts
Search

SAV club

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2013, 1:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: free agent
SAV club

Just thought I'd pass this on since I'm currently at SAV and have never heard of/about this.

There's a little club called The Passport Club near gate 12 which is open to all airline club members - including USAirways Club. Not a great deal in here - a Flavia machine and snacks on request - but not a bad little place to hang out with arrival/departure screens and a TV.

Which got me thinking - are there any other "secret" clubs out there?

Last edited by AlphaTango; Feb 13, 2013 at 1:35 pm
Old Feb 13, 2013, 2:08 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by AlphaTango
Which got me thinking - are there any other "secret" clubs out there?
I regularly fly to AVP, the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton International Airport, and they have the following:

Pocono Club and Business Center

The Pocono Club and Business Center is a place you can get away and enjoy a little peace and quiet before your flight. The comfort and privacy of the Pocono Club and Business Center allows you to take care of business, conduct a meeting, make phone calls or just relax before your flight in pleasant surroundings. The Pocono Club and Business Center is offered to those travelers who are current frequent flier members that travel (A) at least 25,000 miles per year from any one airline serving the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton International Airport, or (B) at least six (6) times within the past year from AVP. Hours are 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM Mondays thru Fridays, except Holidays. Membership is required.
http://www.flyavp.com/ammenities.html

The US agents have told me I could use it, but I've either had family there to see me off, or didn't really have the time, so I've never been inside.
I can't fully remember, but I think it is landside.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 2:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat, AMEX Plat, Hertz PC, Travels too Much Platinum
MDT has this for all elites of airlines servicing the airport: http://www.flyhia.com/frequent_flyer

I haven't used it personally but several colleagues living out that way have.

I know there are others out there, but I'm drawing a blank on which airports right now.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 8:19 pm

Programs: US/AA-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, AVIS-Presidents Club, National-Executive Elite
MHT - Granite Club

Manchester (MHT) has the Granite Club. I've never gone in, since its a haul from the US gates...

The Granite Club

The Granite Club is a free lounge designed for frequent business travelers. The Granite Club is located past security between Gates 4 and 5. The club is open from 6am - 7pm every weekday.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 12:40 am

Programs: AA EXP,2MM, DL Gold,Starwood PLT
The airport bar sounds like a lot more fun then these types of lounges.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 12:54 am

Programs: US CP, UA, HH Gold, Marriott Plat, DL, AA, CO, ++
Originally Posted by bkafrick
The Granite Club

The Granite Club is a free lounge designed for frequent business travelers. The Granite Club is located past security between Gates 4 and 5. The club is open from 6am - 7pm every weekday.
I've been to the Granite Club. It's a moderately sized room, with a TV and a flight monitor, self-serve coffee, and restrooms. Not much to sneeze at, but it is quiet and away from the hustle & bustle.

HTSC
Old Feb 14, 2013, 5:46 am

Programs: US Airways Platinum 2012, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by HereAndThereSC
I've been to the Granite Club. It's a moderately sized room, with a TV and a flight monitor, self-serve coffee, and restrooms. Not much to sneeze at, but it is quiet and away from the hustle & bustle.

HTSC
^ I agree and it is a nice place to go and relax.

Jim
Old Feb 14, 2013, 6:17 am

Programs: AA EXP
UA granted me access to one of these in Lincoln, NE a couple of years ago. Kind of a secret door in a wall to a small room overlooking the gates. Only amenities were bottled water, a coffee machine and newspapers. I don't recall it even having a restroom.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 7:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: free agent
Originally Posted by grahampros
The airport bar sounds like a lot more fun then these types of lounges.
It really depends what you've got in mind, doesn't it? Personally, I'm rarely in airports for fun (not that I'm a stranger to a drink or three in an airport).

I can only speak to the club at SAV, but it seems that these lounges offer a quiet, business-friendly environment in which to catch up with email, finish a presentation, type up an agenda, make a production data fix (!) - whatever.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.