Community
Wiki Posts
Search

US Airways award travel chart change

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2013, 10:42 am

grrrrr.... envoy transatlantic no more super saver!??!!?

This past year we flew envoy "super saver" to Rome from the US and flew envoy "super saver" back out of Paris. Yes, there was little availability, but we made it work. From what I'm reading and seeing, this has all gone away and been replaced with higher mileage DM flights.

They were 60K per ticket, and 5k off for using the USAirways Mastercard. Can't beat that!

Now......... what are the "deals" that are the best ones to use USAirways Miles for???? I remember seeing the Envoy to Europe on a thread of the best ways to use miles.....

So what's the best value to cash in miles on?
Old Aug 28, 2013, 11:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by BaggerOne
This past year we flew envoy "super saver" to Rome from the US and flew envoy "super saver" back out of Paris. Yes, there was little availability, but we made it work. From what I'm reading and seeing, this has all gone away and been replaced with higher mileage DM flights.

They were 60K per ticket, and 5k off for using the USAirways Mastercard. Can't beat that!

Now......... what are the "deals" that are the best ones to use USAirways Miles for???? I remember seeing the Envoy to Europe on a thread of the best ways to use miles.....

So what's the best value to cash in miles on?
pretty much an 'unofficial' around the world ticket (one destination and one stopover).

have a look through the last 5-10 pages and you'll see some excellent itineraries.
Old May 16, 2014, 5:48 am

Programs: AA PLAT FPC PLAT
Did US raise these again? When looking at PHL-TLV for next April it shows 3 levels 125k 155k and 180k each way. This year it was 60k 112.5k 175k.
Old May 17, 2014, 1:27 pm

I should know this, but is there a better way to search for saver off-peak availability to europe than using the US website?
Old May 17, 2014, 9:59 pm

Programs: AA, UA, BA, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by PWMTrav
I should know this, but is there a better way to search for saver off-peak availability to europe than using the US website?
Use aa.com - it's a much better search engine and will display airberlin availability (and BA, which you don't want). Iberia is also an option but you'll need to use Qantas, Iberia, BA, or one of the subscription services to search it.
Old May 18, 2014, 7:32 am

Originally Posted by dukerau
Use aa.com - it's a much better search engine and will display airberlin availability (and BA, which you don't want). Iberia is also an option but you'll need to use Qantas, Iberia, BA, or one of the subscription services to search it.
Yeah, AA's is pretty good, I just wish I could exclude airline partners up front (to exclude BA) and see a calendar with their non-YQ-charging partners.

I'm trying to get to Europe for 35k USDM, but I just don't think it's happening. I think I'm going to give up on that and use Avios to fly BOS-DUB, and then use either Avios or revenue tickets intra-europe. The issue always comes up that I really just want to go to Florence, and DUB-FLR isn't a route

The nice part about going the Avios route is that BOS-DUB is 25k RT and I'm not overly tempted to fly business on a flight that short.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.