Community
Wiki Posts
Search

US Airways award travel chart change

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2013, 8:25 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat, AMEX Plat, Hertz PC, Travels too Much Platinum
Originally Posted by O Sora
Wirelessly posted (iPhone5: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10A525 Safari/8536.25)

I looked at the partner redemption chart and I don't see any change regarding my region North Asia.
North Asia from North America remains a good deal in my opinion, especially in business.
Old Feb 8, 2013, 9:53 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by phlwookie
North Asia from North America remains a good deal in my opinion, especially in business.
If it wasn't before (with low-level Envoy to Europe), I think this is now the best-value redemption available via US (for my travel preferences, anyway). Even starting with a zero balance, if you buy the necessary miles using the current 100% promo, that's around $1700 (incl all taxes and fees) for a business class ticket to Asia.
Old Feb 8, 2013, 10:12 am

Programs: US GP (used to be *G, now,what)
Anyone compare this to the AA chart? Just wondering if harmonization is starting....

With the US Low-med-high options its only a matter of how much I feel like I'm being screwed. Better burn baby burn some miles. Where's LH and CX when I need them?
Old Feb 8, 2013, 3:25 pm

Programs: Skywards Platinum
This is definitely a huge let down. I am not a US regular and didn't have many miles, but with US's big push in the last few months with miles sales and transfer sales (i.e transfer 50k miles and get 50k bonus), I loaded up on a bunch of miles so that I can use the NA-EU 60k award level over the next few months. Now, I have effectively paid nearly 2x the price for those miles, if I am to use them on the same route.

This almost is a bait and switch for those that purchased miles based on the award chart just a few months ago. Yes, I know that the T&C allow them to change the program at any time, but with the huge incentives they used to sell miles to just change the award chart so soon after sucks.
Old Feb 8, 2013, 3:43 pm
Formerly known as I_Hate_US_Airways

Programs: My Loyalty Programs? I now VOTE with my wallet!!!
Exclamation Chill Out Dude!!!

Everything will be 1W awards in the VERY near future anyway, so no reason to get the blood pressure up at this point...
Old Feb 8, 2013, 6:34 pm

I've got close to 80k airmiles on AA and would get more out of those miles with their off peak rate to europe of 40k miles. And idea when they might merge, how long I might have to book these flights?

You can fly to and from europe for 40k miles as long as you return by may 16th or fly after october 15th. Would it be wise to wipe the account clean by booking two flights for 40k each?
Old Feb 9, 2013, 4:07 am

Programs: DL PM - IC RA - HHonors Gold - Hertz Gold - AA - US - CO - Choice Privileges
Originally Posted by whimike
This is definitely a huge let down. I am not a US regular and didn't have many miles, but with US's big push in the last few months with miles sales and transfer sales (i.e transfer 50k miles and get 50k bonus), I loaded up on a bunch of miles so that I can use the NA-EU 60k award level over the next few months. Now, I have effectively paid nearly 2x the price for those miles, if I am to use them on the same route.

This almost is a bait and switch for those that purchased miles based on the award chart just a few months ago. Yes, I know that the T&C allow them to change the program at any time, but with the huge incentives they used to sell miles to just change the award chart so soon after sucks.
off season, N. America/Hawaii to Europe (January 15 - February 28): 35,000 coach / 60,000 business

or in other words, you missed the boat already as the 60k business off season award travel ends February 28 so no option to book "over the next few months" old chart or new chart...
Old Feb 9, 2013, 8:00 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
I think many posting do not know the difference between ethics & legality.

Is it legal to change price/terms at anytime & w/o notice? Sure, we all have seen the legal verbiage.

Is it ethical to change price/terms at anytime w/o notice? No

& for those that doubt the answer is no, approach your best customer and inform them after the fact that you have changed their price or terms (to the customer's detriment). Every customer/client I've ever had that would be pissed at my lack of advance notice to them.
Old Feb 9, 2013, 10:27 am

So is the consensus best value award now a North America-North Asia routing? Any other gems in the current US award chart?
Old Feb 9, 2013, 1:55 pm

Programs: spirit elite, MRgold Hilton Gold
Very disappointed, had been saving miles to book a trip in f for two to Hawaii for almost two years. The last two hundred miles I needed to hit 130k(mc discount amount needed) posted the same day the chart changed. And to top it off I become kettle at the end of the month.
Old Feb 9, 2013, 9:49 pm

Programs: American Airlines, Alaska Airlines, Hawaiian Airlines, Southwest
Agreed -- typically the FF redemptions my wife and I have made have been 195K RT (5K deduction for USAirways card) to places like Rome or London. Last year we did luck out and get 95K RT to Rome in May -- but planned far in advance for that. These days the 95K RT Envoy flights during 'shoulder' season to Europe are more difficult except to Dublin. That looks more like a function of flying on the 767 instead of the 330 -- so 'Envoy' to Dublin is same as domestic in terms of the seats.

We never could get those super low fares since we never travelled during the fallow seasons.

I do wonder what will happen with the merger though, while it might not nail the USAirways options, I'm pretty sure that USAirways will be leaving Star Alliance for One World.

Originally Posted by chewy3
probably because they haven't changed the star alliance awards which are what most on FT redeem for. It has always been relatively tougher to find US saver award space anyway.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 5:56 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum Elite, AA Platinum Pro, Hertz Presidents
Originally Posted by whytravelsomuch
You are assuming you could have found enough seats for your whole family.
Missing the point in a BIG way!
Old Feb 10, 2013, 5:58 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum Elite, AA Platinum Pro, Hertz Presidents
Originally Posted by Sweet Willie
I think many posting do not know the difference between ethics & legality.

Is it legal to change price/terms at anytime & w/o notice? Sure, we all have seen the legal verbiage.

Is it ethical to change price/terms at anytime w/o notice? No

& for those that doubt the answer is no, approach your best customer and inform them after the fact that you have changed their price or terms (to the customer's detriment). Every customer/client I've ever had that would be pissed at my lack of advance notice to them.
EXACTLY!!!!!
Old Feb 10, 2013, 9:35 am

US Airways award travel chart change

How much less is a US mile worth now?

(I.e. what is the fractional reduction in value of one mile?)

Obviously I'm asking for an estimate...
Old Feb 10, 2013, 10:00 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by I_Can_Fly_US_Airways
Everything will be 1W awards in the VERY near future anyway, so no reason to get the blood pressure up at this point...
1W I assume you mean One World? When is that going to happen?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.