Wiki Posts
Search

Chairman's via CC spend?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2013, 12:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Southwest A, Marriott LT Plat, US CP
Chairman's via CC spend?

A friend of mine just received an email "Welcome to Chairman's Preferred". This friend flew ~40,000 miles last year, but spent $250k+ on the US Barclay's MC. The email reads:

"You've earned Chairman's Preferred status with us by using your US Airways Dividend Miles MasterCard® card. We hope you enjoy all the perks of being Preferred. Your new membership kit will arrive in the mail soon. As a Chairman's Preferred member, you can now enjoy..."

I was not aware that status could be earned from CC spend. Is anyone else aware of this benefit? If so, are there any published levels (i.e, $xx,000 spend gets you Silver, etc)?

Thanks.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
Definitely interesting.

You get 10k PQMs for $25k in spend, but I haven't heard of anything beyond that.

If he spent $250k, that would equate to 100K PQMs so it's possible I guess.

That would be something like:

$75k = Silver
$125k = Gold
$200k = Platinum
$250k = Chairman
Old Jan 24, 2013, 1:52 pm
Suspended

Wow, I'd really like to know if this is a real thing. I usually hit 50k spend (2 cards) and then put the cards away in storage until January. If I could get CP with 250k spend, that opens up some options. I usually fly enough to get ~60k PQMs without the credit card bonuses, but then I need to buy up or something if I want CP.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 2:07 pm
formerly plenTpak

Programs: AA
I called both Barclays and DM about this not too long ago. According the DM folks, what should happen is that you get one 10K EQM bonus per year once credit card spending hits 25K. There should not be additional 10K EQM bonuses for additional 25K increments of spending. Once the initial 25K threshold is met, 10K worth of standard Credit Card miles are debited and then credited back as EQMs.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 2:10 pm

Programs: AA Gold SPG Gold HHonors Gold
I have one card already, how can i get a second? Is it as easy as applying for the card again?
Old Jan 24, 2013, 2:26 pm

Programs: US CP, MR Plat, SPG Plat, HHonors Gold, National X
Originally Posted by teese35
I have one card already, how can i get a second? Is it as easy as applying for the card again?
I pretty sure he is referring to the USairways Business Mastercard.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 2:35 pm

Programs: AA Gold SPG Gold HHonors Gold
does the us airways business mastercard also give you 10,000 PQM's when you spend $25,000?
Old Jan 24, 2013, 2:54 pm

You can get a second personal card. If you end up needing to call the reconsideration line explain to them that you need it to separate expenses.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 3:20 pm

Programs: US Chairman's Preferred
Originally Posted by Rookie3
You can get a second personal card. If you end up needing to call the reconsideration line explain to them that you need it to separate expenses.
I have two personal cards as well. Many people do. There is a thread on it somewhere.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 8:06 pm

Programs: US CP, MR Plat, SPG Plat, HHonors Gold, National X
Originally Posted by Rookie3:20116916
^ Great info!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.