FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-consolidation-american-airlines-612/)
-   -   wintry mix in CLT tomorrow, will that significantly impact arrivals? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-consolidation-american-airlines/1431449-wintry-mix-clt-tomorrow-will-significantly-impact-arrivals.html)

bluegreyeyes Jan 24, 2013 10:03 am

wintry mix in CLT tomorrow, will that significantly impact arrivals?

(first time poster, sorry if this is not the correct forum to post this question on...i didn't see one for inclement weather)

Friend is flying LGA to CLT tomorrow (1/25/13) evening:

LGA to CLT, departs LGA 5:10pm, arriving CLT 7:12pm on USAirways. Aircraft: A321.

Forecast right now is been calling for snowshowers in NY and a wintry mix in the afternoon in CLT.....90% chance.

Obviously (hopefully) that could change for the better :Cross my fingers: by tomorrow but we have several reservations (hotel, spa, etc) that need to be cancelled "with notice" in order to avoid being charged.

Anyone care to guess the over/under on this flight being cancelled completely?

Thanks all......

rachlm927 Jan 24, 2013 10:58 am

I think that is anyone's guess....but I myself have flown in and out of clt in that weather, as recent as last week.

BoeingBoy Jan 24, 2013 11:10 am

Assuming that the forecast is anywhere near accurate expect arrival delays but the changces of cancellation are low.

HereAndThereSC Jan 24, 2013 1:12 pm

If you have status, I'd try to fly out earlier, myself.

I just drove to the airport and they've already brined I-77... Not that it means anything).

HTSC

coachrowsey Jan 24, 2013 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by BoeingBoy (Post 20115391)
Assuming that the forecast is anywhere near accurate expect arrival delays but the changces of cancellation are low.

+1. I wouldn't worry as of now & op welcome to Flyertalk.

bluegreyeyes Jan 24, 2013 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by coachrowsey (Post 20116540)
+1. I wouldn't worry as of now & op welcome to Flyertalk.

thx :)

bluegreyeyes Jan 24, 2013 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by HereAndThereSC (Post 20116233)
If you have status, I'd try to fly out earlier, myself.

I just drove to the airport and they've already brined I-77... Not that it means anything).

HTSC

Last week they were predicting, what, 2-4 inches in CLT and we never got anything...lol

Of course, now that I say that we'll get an unexpected blizzard. Ah well, this is what I get for celebrating a bday in January!

BoeingBoy Jan 24, 2013 5:42 pm

Yet GSO got what was forecast...

CLT and GWO lie along a line of demarcation - a little one way and it snows, a little the other and it rains. Along the line drives forecasters crazy because a few miles one waor the other makes a big difference.

Jim

jwhite4304 Jan 24, 2013 6:07 pm

Originally Posted by BoeingBoy (Post 20117949)
Yet GSO got what was forecast...

CLT and GWO lie along a line of demarcation - a little one way and it snows, a little the other and it rains. Along the line drives forecasters crazy because a few miles one waor the other makes a big difference.

Jim

Well said!