Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines)
Reload this Page >

We don’t offer award travel to/from the cities you’re searching.!!???

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2013, 12:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlaines, Delta SkyMiles, United, BA, HH, Marriott, SPG, Priority Club

I apologize if this is addressed somewhere else, but I couldn't find anything on it. I'm new to US Airways and recently took advantage of the US Airways card offer, so I was tooling around on US Airways sight for award availability and this is the message I get whenever I search

"We don’t offer award travel to/from the cities you’re searching. "

I fly out of FSD and US Airways flys out of there but they don't allow award flights from FSD?? I tried the same destination but starting at ORD and it found flights so it clearly was my airport that is not allowed.. This is really irritating.. Anyone have any idea why that would be??
Old Jan 7, 2013, 12:12 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, National Executive, Marriott Gold, US SP, Avis PS
I would guess because they only offer codeshare flights on UA and UAX metal.
Old Jan 7, 2013, 12:28 pm

Programs: US GP (used to be *G, now,what)
If that's the case look on United for Award availability and you should be able to use your US miles to book a United flight... though you do have to call the USAir reservations number...
Old Jan 7, 2013, 1:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlaines, Delta SkyMiles, United, BA, HH, Marriott, SPG, Priority Club
Thanks guys!
Old Jan 7, 2013, 2:14 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by Jeremyh11
Thanks guys!
What's the "!!???"
Old Jan 7, 2013, 2:38 pm

Programs: None
so I was tooling around on US Airways sight for award availability and this is the message I get whenever I search

"We don’t offer award travel to/from the cities you’re searching. "
More than a few cities that US doesn't serve aren't recognized by the web site. This is especially true in Europe and Asia where UA also doesn't have service but some *A carrier does.

Jim
Old Jan 7, 2013, 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by Often1
What's the "!!???"
I think he !!=can't believe and ??= is questioning the statement.

That help?
Old Jan 7, 2013, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
What's the "!!???"
It typically means "Is that really correct, I'm surprised and wouldn't have expected it"
Old Jan 7, 2013, 6:59 pm
Original Poster

What's the "!!???"
Everyones explanations are right. I was surprised and unsure. For some reason I had it in my head that US Airways flew out of FSD. I could have sworn that I have seen US Airways flights on my companies booking site when I have booked business travel in the past. Maybe they used to but don't any more. Or maybe I am just going crazy. (the latter is more likely!)
Old Jan 7, 2013, 9:45 pm

US offers FSD using UAX from UA hubs. Those flights to/from FSD appear to be codeshares meaning they're bookable with a US or UA flight number.

Jim
Old Jan 7, 2013, 10:32 pm

Programs: UA .5M, Vistana 1-Star owner
Thumbs down US Airways Award Travel sucks

My JFK-PIT yields the same error as it's operated by UA. Sucks. I had to cave in for LGA-PIT to stay on US metal. US's IT (Information Technology) needs serious serious investment. Either that or they decided they don't care.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 9:29 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
Originally Posted by Richard Chen
My JFK-PIT yields the same error as it's operated by UA. Sucks.
Actually, no *A carrier, including UA, flies JFK-PIT. Only AA, B6 and DL. PIT folks would have to fly to EWR to catch a *A TATL flight there.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 9:45 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Maybe they used to but don't any more. Or maybe I am just going crazy. (the latter is more likely!)
HP flew PHX-FSD (and maybe LAS-FSD) for a year or 2, but that's been gone for quite a while, at least 5 years.
I have no idea if US ever flew to FSD.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 11:06 am

Not that I recall. There were a lot of smaller midwest cities without service.

Jim
Old Jan 8, 2013, 9:57 pm

Programs: US CP, HH/SPG/MR Gold
Originally Posted by PHL
Actually, no *A carrier, including UA, flies JFK-PIT. Only AA, B6 and DL. PIT folks would have to fly to EWR to catch a *A TATL flight there.
And B6 is pulling its PIT-JFK flight next month. Only AA (1 flight daily) and DL (3 flights) with mostly CRJ and ER4 (no F seats). JFK has tremendous premium international travel options but they're a real pain to schedule from PIT. Nothing like stepping off international F on to a miserable AA ER4. I've been back-tracking to ORD via UA to access more *A options.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.