Search

Chairmans nominate a member to Silver

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2012, 9:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA P, UA PP, LH FT, IHG G, Hilton G, BW P
Chairmans nominate a member to Silver

Hello All,

I rang up the Chairmans desk to use my 2012 nominate a member to sliver as I have not used , in this it's for my better half. I thought I would use it now before end of today so my wife could have 2013 status. I was told that since she was already silver this wasn't possible, I'm simply looking to use the benefit since she is shy of making it on her on this time for 2013.

Is this correct? I assume as of tomorrow I will have lost that opp to move her up yes?

My last resort is I think I might have one in my preferred select or whatever it's called when I hit the miles earlier this year, unfortunately I'm shy of Chairmans for 2013 so it matters this time.

Thanks in advance!
Old Dec 31, 2012, 9:37 am
Suspended

I think the dates for benefits switch/loss is Feb 28/March 1 for everything, including nominations. But I also think we "lost" the silver nomination when it was replaced by the 85k special dividend. But others may see things differently.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 9:39 am

Programs: AA EXP ; Cunard Plat
The Silver nomination is no longer a perk of Chairman's Preferred. They've "re-arranged the furniture" so to speak ... and (the full) Silver nomination is now via Special Dividends .....

You have time; the nominations are valid til Feb 28, the end of the program year.

Yes, US would not allow nominating someone presently Silver for another year of Silver.

Last edited by kudzu; Dec 31, 2012 at 9:47 am Reason: Wrong info
Old Dec 31, 2012, 10:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA P, UA PP, LH FT, IHG G, Hilton G, BW P
Both, thanks for the quick feedback much appreciated, I was hoping not the case but seems to be the case argh.

Ironically I lucked out last year and managed to get both a Chairman's Nominate and the 85K I gave to another family member, so I'll count that as my bonus.

Now if I can just figure out a way to get my wife Silver for 2013
Old Dec 31, 2012, 11:30 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
As someone who spent 31 December 2011 working frantically on this problem, I am glad to know that we still have until end of February....

But what about the other thing that was driving me nuts a year ago -- the fact that you could not give Silver status for the next year to someone who currently has it (as per the query of the OP, who wanted to "renew" a Silver who has not flown enough in 2012 to qualify for 2013)? Last year we had to -- I had to -- get that person to call in and disenroll themselves. Do we still have to do that?
Old Dec 31, 2012, 11:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
Originally Posted by fwdlink
Hello All,

I rang up the Chairmans desk to use my 2012 nominate a member to sliver as I have not used , in this it's for my better half. I thought I would use it now before end of today so my wife could have 2013 status. I was told that since she was already silver this wasn't possible, I'm simply looking to use the benefit since she is shy of making it on her on this time for 2013.

Is this correct? I assume as of tomorrow I will have lost that opp to move her up yes?

My last resort is I think I might have one in my preferred select or whatever it's called when I hit the miles earlier this year, unfortunately I'm shy of Chairmans for 2013 so it matters this time.

Thanks in advance!
You have until the end of Feb to nominate her. Her already being a silver can be problematic as the status expires the day you would need to nominate her.
Old Jan 1, 2013, 4:55 pm

I have a related question. My current Silver status expires on 2/28/13. Before I read this thread (and the terms and conditions of the Special Dividends program), I was nominated to Silver again. What will happen with this?

(1) Is the IT system "smart" enough to catch that I am already Silver?

(2) Is it too late for the person who nominated me to select someone else?

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Old Jan 1, 2013, 5:31 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Originally Posted by Burghs
I have a related question. My current Silver status expires on 2/28/13. Before I read this thread (and the terms and conditions of the Special Dividends program), I was nominated to Silver again. What will happen with this?

(1) Is the IT system "smart" enough to catch that I am already Silver?

(2) Is it too late for the person who nominated me to select someone else?

Thanks in advance for any advice.
From my standpoint, you have perhaps phrased question (1) backwards, but in so doing my be answering my question. Do you mean to say that, even though you are currently Silver, your friend was able to go into his Special Dividends, input your FF number, and that the US IT system was smart enough to let this go through for 2013 (i.e., until 28 February 2014)?
Old Jan 1, 2013, 5:42 pm

Programs: AA Plat, MR AMB + (LTT) , Hertz PC, UA Silver, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Biggie Fries
From my standpoint, you have perhaps phrased question (1) backwards, but in so doing my be answering my question. Do you mean to say that, even though you are currently Silver, your friend was able to go into his Special Dividends, input your FF number, and that the US IT system was smart enough to let this go through for 2013 (i.e., until 28 February 2014)?

content deleted .
Old Jan 1, 2013, 6:00 pm

Originally Posted by Biggie Fries
Correct
Old Jan 1, 2013, 7:09 pm

Cool. Good news then. I'll try it shortly... Thanks!
Old Jan 7, 2013, 7:01 pm

My wife is still US Gold when I re-entered her number for Gold on 1/3. It then showed confirmation that her Gold has been extended from 1/3 and expires on 2/28/2014.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 3:57 am

Thanks again and, yes, I too was able last week to extend a current (through end February 2013) Silver for 2013 (thus until Feb 2014) online, no muss, no fuss.

As someone who had bemoaned here several times this "glitch" in the roll-out of the Special Dividends, I am happy that it has been fixed ... and promise to stop warning folks about something that is no longer broken!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.