Wiki Posts
Search

US Domestic First- No meals <3.5 hours

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2013, 12:45 pm

Programs: US CP, HH/SPG/MR Gold
Originally Posted by apeortdz
Re - the several posts above:

I really like it when the FA gives me two unopened minis to start.
One can build a mini collection after a few of these flights. I believe it's against US policy but it's nice to walk off the plane with a few "emergency spares." Not that I would EVER do that. ^
Old May 3, 2013, 4:28 pm

Programs: None
Originally Posted by FlightNurse
and i have had glassware on non meal flights.... So what is corrct and what is not correct?
Unless it's changed, meal flights utilize glassware in flight, plastic for pre-departure. GalleyWench or flight62 could confirm the latest policy.

Jim
Old May 12, 2013, 11:26 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, HH Diamond, National Executive
Anyone know if there is a meal on PHX to MKE night flight? I know there is one on the return leg but not sure on flight 128, flight time is 3:17. thanks.
Old May 13, 2013, 12:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by WiscAZ
Anyone know if there is a meal on PHX to MKE night flight? I know there is one on the return leg but not sure on flight 128, flight time is 3:17. thanks.
Yes it's a dinner.
Old May 17, 2013, 10:19 pm
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Looking at booking some US F flights and had a couple of meal questions. Basically, can I expect meals in F on the below segments:

1. PHL-PHX-PHL

1802 dep out of PHL and a 0850 dep on the return from PHX.

2. PHL-SJU-PHL

1750 dep out of PHL and a 1230 dep on the return from SJU.

Thanks.
Old May 18, 2013, 2:10 am
Suspended

Programs: US CP ; LH FTL ; *G
Originally Posted by AJLondon
Looking at booking some US F flights and had a couple of meal questions. Basically, can I expect meals in F on the below segments:

1. PHL-PHX-PHL

2. PHL-SJU-PHL

1750 dep out of PHL and a 1230 dep on the return from SJU.

Thanks.
Yes and yes.
Old May 18, 2013, 3:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by AJLondon

1. PHL-PHX-PHL

I just took this flight and yes a meal (dinner is served) we had the choice of BBQ Chicken with Mashed Sweet Potato or Mushroom Ravioli, this was the first flight I hadn't taken the Chicken (which is very good) but found the Ravioli to be excellent too. There are some flights that get meals outside the normal meal window. BTW the A321's on this route are the newer ones which make for a very pleasent experience.

The 855am flight is a very populer flight as it is on a Envoy equipted 757, it has the old style elec seats, but still very nice and comfortable, I too have been on this flight and a breakfast is served, I wish it was a brunch flight though, since service really doesn't start until 1030am PHX time. However,one of the better domestic flights that US has becasuse of the seats. Breakfast on this route for me has been Creps with fruit or ceral. Crepes were excellent, I've also had french toast with real maple Syrup.

So you should do very well on these routes.
Old May 19, 2013, 7:37 pm
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Thanks burlax and FlightNurse. Much appreciated.
Old Jun 14, 2013, 10:56 am

Had 8:35pm last night from MCO-PHX. When I checked website it clearly said "refreshments" so I ate at a fine establishment in the airport pre-flight (Ruby Tuesday's ), so imagine my surprise when FA came by and asked me which meal I wanted.

Anyone else encountered that? From reading threads it seemed like I wouldn't get a meal unless it was out of a hub to "west coast", website confirmed there would be refreshments, then a meal was served.
Old Jun 14, 2013, 10:58 am

Programs: AAdvantage Exec Platinum, Hertz #1 Club Gold Five Star, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by lizs
Had 8:35pm last night from MCO-PHX. When I checked website it clearly said "refreshments" so I ate at a fine establishment in the airport pre-flight (Ruby Tuesday's ), so imagine my surprise when FA came by and asked me which meal I wanted.

Anyone else encountered that? From reading threads it seemed like I wouldn't get a meal unless it was out of a hub to "west coast", website confirmed there would be refreshments, then a meal was served.
If you read through this entire thread, the website is wrong on many flights when it comes to meal service. Even US Airways customer service is wrong about it sometimes (as they probably just look at the site when you question them). The only real way to know for a specific route that falls out of the standard criteria is to ask someone who has flown that route before, which is what this site is great for.
Old Jun 14, 2013, 11:36 am

Originally Posted by GNRMatt
If you read through this entire thread, the website is wrong on many flights when it comes to meal service. Even US Airways customer service is wrong about it sometimes (as they probably just look at the site when you question them). The only real way to know for a specific route that falls out of the standard criteria is to ask someone who has flown that route before, which is what this site is great for.
Ah thanks, this site is a great resource, just so much information, exceptions, etc. to sort through!

So i guess i should've said...for anyone wondering MCO-PHX after 8pm does have a meal!
Old Jun 14, 2013, 9:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Ah thanks, this site is a great resource, just so much information, exceptions, etc. to sort through!

So i guess i should've said...for anyone wondering MCO-PHX after 8pm does have a meal!
I have been on both 535pm and 835pm flights, the 535pm flight has a Dinner, but the 835pm we were served a snack, which I thought was odd, since we arrived in PHX at 925pm/// So what were you served and or offered?
Old Jun 16, 2013, 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by FlightNurse
I have been on both 535pm and 835pm flights, the 535pm flight has a Dinner, but the 835pm we were served a snack, which I thought was odd, since we arrived in PHX at 925pm/// So what were you served and or offered?
It was a full meal on 8:35. Ravioli or chicken, appetizer, etc. that's odd that I got it and you haven't on the same flight. Will the GA know if there will be a meal? Just like to know when to eat in terminal or not.
Old Jun 16, 2013, 9:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

It was a full meal on 8:35. Ravioli or chicken, appetizer, etc. that's odd that I got it and you haven't on the same flight. Will the GA know if there will be a meal? Just like to know when to eat in terminal or not.
It happens from time to time, you can ask the GA they will know, or just do a dummy booking in F on the web site, however, the 835pm flight you took is listed as refreshments if you do a dummy booking, so sometime the website is not the best for info.

So it's nice to know that the 835pm flight is a full dinner now... BTW, was it BBQ chicken?
Old Jun 17, 2013, 10:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Hopefully, this will improve as US integrates with AA. SABRE is usually pretty reliable except for the well-known "Snack/Brunch" meal that pops up from time to time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.