Wiki Posts
Search

US Club Lounges

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2012, 2:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott PP, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
US Club Lounges

Tmrw I am flying a bit and using the US club pass that came with my DMMC. Is the pass good for the entire day- regardless of location?

I ask because I will be in BOS in the am and would like to use it there but I will also be in LGA tmrw pm and want to use it there as well. Will this work?
Old Dec 20, 2012, 2:58 pm

Programs: DL-Silver; BA-Bronze
Only good for one entry - not for the day.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 9:17 am
Original Poster

That sucks.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 9:19 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, HH Diamond, National Executive
Originally Posted by Daisymonster
That sucks.
Don't you get 2 with your DMMC or am I mixing it up with UA?
Old Dec 21, 2012, 9:32 am
Original Poster

I got one but i am only slvr. I think you get a few annual free passes if your plat/CP. Are the lounges any good? Worth the annual price? Decent food or basically the same as the airport itself but with a snack bar you'd find at a holiday inn?
Old Dec 21, 2012, 9:44 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, HH Diamond, National Executive
I got one but i am only slvr. I think you get a few annual free passes if your plat/CP. Are the lounges any good? Worth the annual price? Decent food or basically the same as the airport itself but with a snack bar you'd find at a holiday inn?
Every lounge is different but basically don't buy a pass for just the food. There are light snacks and a few threads around here that give specifics. I bought my first club pass this year to take advantage of the 5K PQM promotion. I like them for the peace and quiet, an accessible area to charge my electronics, and the booze (when it's one of those days). I actually have used the UA lounges more than the US lounges.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 9:47 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
I've only ever received 1 pass from the credit card. Most times I don't even use it; I didn't this year, and I have no idea where the pass even is.

I've been to the US clubs (and UA, LH, etc) while traveling overseas, and they are fine.. for free. But since I live in the Phoenix area, I really don't see the need to get a club membership. The few times I've been to the clubs here, they have been packed. If I'm early for a flight, I can always find a quiet corner at a gate that isn't being used. When I've gone through PHL or CLT, I've managed to find a quiet space to wait as well.
I don't drink, so that is wasted on me. The snacks are certainly ok, for airport lounge snacks, but certainly not worth it to me to pay for them.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 11:10 am
Original Poster

Just got to LGA. Have a 6 hr layover and tried to use the pass. Because this is now a delta club i am being told i cannot use this pass. Is this correct? If not, anyone have any ammo i can use?
Old Dec 21, 2012, 1:28 pm

Programs: BA Gold, American Airlines, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Just got to LGA. Have a 6 hr layover and tried to use the pass. Because this is now a delta club i am being told i cannot use this pass. Is this correct? If not, anyone have any ammo i can use?
Until the new US Club opens at LGA next year, US Club members (and Star Alliance Gold members flying on qualifying itineraries) can access the DL Club. They don't seem to be accepting any one day passes of any type during this transition...
Old Dec 21, 2012, 6:17 pm

Originally Posted by aztimm
I've only ever received 1 pass from the credit card. Most times I don't even use it; I didn't this year, and I have no idea where the pass even is.
This year, my 'pass' came on a mailing but is not actually a pass. It says that you can just go to the club with your FF number and you will be allowed in. There was not a physical pass to use. It also allows you to bring one guest, but is only for one admission (not one day).

Last year, they sent me a physical pass.

I will use it on Monday with my wife in BOS on Monday. Hopefully everything works out. I will bring the letter anyways, in case of issues.
Old Dec 22, 2012, 7:26 am

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by will2288
This year, my 'pass' came on a mailing but is not actually a pass. It says that you can just go to the club with your FF number and you will be allowed in. There was not a physical pass to use. It also allows you to bring one guest, but is only for one admission (not one day).

Last year, they sent me a physical pass.

I will use it on Monday with my wife in BOS on Monday. Hopefully everything works out. I will bring the letter anyways, in case of issues.
Don't worry, I've seen plenty of people come in, confused, wanting to use their DMMC pass without the physical paper. They just look you up and make sure your pass hasn't been used yet.

They are probably doing this to keep tabs on passes better than paper which could be replicated with the right tools.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.