US Now Offering....Time Travel!

Old Nov 2, 2012, 4:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: US Airways Chairman's, Hyatt Platinum
US Now Offering....Time Travel!

Not sure how I managed it, but I seem to have a return flight this week scheduled for 2011.

I don't know what I'm going to do with this one-year do-over. Maybe I can try to avert natural disasters. Hurricane Sandy. Carly Rae Jepsen? Honey Boo Boo?

I'm taking requests...

Last edited by gizmo78; Nov 2, 2012 at 4:33 pm
Old Nov 2, 2012, 4:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
If you look at the entry below it, it has you leaving 11/5/12 and coming back on 10/26/12.

Be sure to go Trick or Treating again.
Old Nov 2, 2012, 4:25 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA Plat, Starwood Gold, AX Plat, Hertz Gold, Avis Preferred, Star Alliance Gold
Amusing and I hate to spoil the fun, but you should remove/edit the picture to remove your confirmation codes. Someone could play some dirty tricks on you.
Old Nov 2, 2012, 4:28 pm

Programs: US2, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
Might want to remove your PNRs from the screencap. The wonders of US' magical website never cease to amaze...
Old Nov 2, 2012, 4:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Nicksta
Amusing and I hate to spoil the fun, but you should remove/edit the picture to remove your confirmation codes. Someone could play some dirty tricks on you.
Whoops...I didn't realize you could mess with peoples reservations with just the PNR and the date. Thanks for all who pointed it out.

I went back in time and took out the PNR's.
Old Nov 2, 2012, 4:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Nicksta
...Someone could play some dirty tricks on you.
...and I'm not sure anyone could intentionally screw up my reservations any worse than US does routinely.
Old Nov 2, 2012, 4:45 pm

Programs: Former long-time US GP; now AA dirt
Originally Posted by gizmo78
Whoops...I didn't realize you could mess with peoples reservations with just the PNR and the date. Thanks for all who pointed it out.
One can mess with a reservation if only the passenger's name, flight number and date of travel are know.

(The flight number is easy to figure out if you know the passenger's origin and destination. I still don't know why US hasn't closed this hole. I guess people don't mess around with others' reservations too often.)
Old Nov 2, 2012, 6:47 pm

Programs: US Gold, DL Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Lifetime Gold, Marriott Silver, Hyatt Platinum
You could go back and bet on sporting events where you know the outcome. You could make $ beyond your dreams of avarice...
Old Nov 2, 2012, 8:53 pm

Programs: US Gold • SPG Gold
That's hilarious. I can think of several HUGE stock trades you could make. I'll pre-date a check.
Old Nov 2, 2012, 11:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Originally Posted by stealthnc
You could go back and bet on sporting events where you know the outcome. You could make $ beyond your dreams of avarice...
Until Doc and Marty catch up with you....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.