Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2012 Hurricane Sandy and impacts on US Airways

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2012, 10:23 am

Flight to BOS for this morning cancelled in the middle of the night. It was a quick turnaround so an obvious trip in vain. Full refund, no questions asked. Also received redposit of miles I'd used to upgrade, no questions asked. About 5 minutes hold time on the gold line.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 11:17 am

Programs: US Chairman, Delta Silver, UA Premier, Hyatt Platinum
Photo of all the planes repositioned to PIT from the PIT facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/PITairport/photos_stream
Old Oct 29, 2012, 11:18 am

Just read that all operations out of DCA, PHL, NY airports and BOS are canceled for Tuesday as well.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 11:21 am
jg3

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Choice PLT, UA Gold.
Here in Philly, they are stating that PHL is closed tomorrow too for ALL US operations. Good luck.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 11:59 am

Programs: AA EXP | US PLT | Marriott PLT Premier | IHG PLT
Originally Posted by ellinj
Flight was cancelled overnight. I was able to get through in only a few minutes via the chairman line. Rebooked on Thursday.
My flight was also canceled overnight (from PHL). I just got off the phone, and I was also get through in only a few minutes via the gold line. I canceled my whole trip as they couldn't fly me till thursday.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 12:34 pm

Programs: US Plat, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, Amex Plat
• all flights cancelled tomorrow Tuesday.
Philadelphia (PHL)
• Washington, D.C.’s Reagan National Airport (DCA) and Dulles (IAD)
• New York’s LaGuardia (LGA), JFK and Newark (EWR) airports
• Albany (ALB), Binghamton (BGM), Elmira (ELM), Islip (ISP), Ithaca (ITH), Newburgh (SWF), Syracuse (SYR) and White Plains, N.Y. (HPN)
• Boston (BOS)
• Bangor, Maine (BGR)
• Burlington, Vt. (BTV)
• Hartford (BDL) and New Haven (HVN), Conn.
• Harrisburg (MDT) and Williamsport (IPT), Penn.
• Providence, R.I. (PVD)
Old Oct 29, 2012, 12:47 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, National Executive, Marriott Gold, US SP, Avis PS
Hope everyone is safe and sound and somewhere where they can wait things out.

From a service restoration standpoint, what will be the timetable on restoring regular operations once the storm has moved through? Just curious because I have flight next Monday connecting through DCA and I was just wondering.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 1:45 pm

Assuming there's not much damage, operations should be back to normal by next Monday.

However, they've now extended the advisory window to Thursday, Nov. 1.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 2:13 pm

Programs: MRSPG LT Tit, HH Diamond, Hertz Pres.
I dont see anything for ABE
Old Oct 29, 2012, 2:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat, AMEX Plat, Hertz PC, Travels too Much Platinum
Originally Posted by etsmyers
I dont see anything for ABE
Looks like both CLT-ABE flights are cancelled tomorrow, as I would expect, though for now they're selling seats for the three flights on Wed, though whether they'll go I assume is TBD at this point.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 3:29 pm

Programs: US Airways Chairman, *A Gold, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum
Catching up on cancelled flights

Hey everybody,

What's the procedure for us airways catching up on all of sunday/monday/tuesdays cancelled flights? I have an evening flight out of DCA on Thursday (to CLT). By then the airport should be open, I just wasn't sure if I'd get bumped to fit some cancelled flight folks instead.

Cause for concern? As a chairman? No idea how they get everything sorted out after a massive disruption like Sandy.

Thanks!
Old Oct 29, 2012, 3:49 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
I'm also scheduled to fly out of DCA on Thursday morning (to PHX). Hope everything goes smoothly for us!
Old Oct 29, 2012, 4:04 pm
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
Catching up on cancelled flights

Hopefully they add extra flights where needed, but otherwise usually people with confirmed seats on the upcoming flights do not get bumped. Instead, the stranded travelers get put on any possible flights available, sometimes involving a few connections.

There are also probably a lot of passengers who were to travel that will outright cancel if they were to be business trips.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 4:07 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Jetstreamer
Same to MAN - stuck in Vegas
Called US earlier and was rebooked on BA LAS-LHR-MAN - top marks to US agent who helped me ^
Old Oct 29, 2012, 4:31 pm

Programs: AS
Question on behalf of a friend, US Silver.

She used miles for PHL-DFW round trip and the return flight yesterday was cancelled, unsurprisingly. I called Saturday AM but was told that her flight wasn't covered under the waiver and that fees would be charged. So she left it as is. Needless to say, flight gets cancelled, US is unable to get her to Philly in a reasonable amount of time (they were saying Thurs to PIT was the best they could do) so she bought on her own dime, DFW-ORD and drove 14 hours to Philly.

Is it possible to get half of the miles she used back?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.