Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2012 Hurricane Sandy and impacts on US Airways

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2012, 11:53 pm

Asking for original routing credit after hurricane cancellation?

My LAX-PHL-PIT flight on US Airways was cancelled due to Sandy storm. I was rebooked in LAX-CLT-PIT on US Airways. I want to credit miles to my Aegean account. How should I ask US for ORC?
I am thinking that the best way is to leave the FF# number blank and then send US Airways a retroactive ORC request with my A3 number. Do you think this is the most reasonable way?
Old Oct 29, 2012, 3:59 am

Programs: A3, AA, AF, AS, BA, SQ, UA, US, IHG, SPG
Anyone getting through to reservations or Dividend Miles?

Been calling +1-800-428-4322 for an hour. Had 4 calls ended by US after the machine asking me all the passenger and itinerary info, then telling me "We want to give you the best possible service..." and told me to call back later.

If the system is overload they should put that message at the beginning of the call. to US telephony system.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 8:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA PPro, Mariott Ambassador, B6 Mosaic, SBUX Gold, Best Buy Elite
Flight was cancelled overnight. I was able to get through in only a few minutes via the chairman line. Rebooked on Thursday.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 8:45 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA MM/Premier Gold, Hyatt Globalist,Hilton Honors Gold, IHG platinum, Club Carlson Gold
Have US Airways call you back

Hi. I was on hold for two long periods trying to get through to US Airways to get a refund for my cancelled flight.

Instead go to www.gethuman.com and put US Airways in the search bar. Click on have US Airways call me back, enter your phone number and click join. I got a call back on my cell phone immediately and the refund was taken care of.

Terrific!
Old Oct 29, 2012, 8:56 am

Programs: US Airways Platinum 2012, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by coachrowsey
Makes me glad I'm now retired & staying home
Joing the retirement club soon! Good advice
Old Oct 29, 2012, 9:32 am

Programs: AA, SPG, Hh, Amex MR, Marriott, ICH, VA, CC, LH
No one manning the phones

I have found it is impossible to get through on the phone, anyone else having better luck?
Old Oct 29, 2012, 9:34 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, Marriot Lifetime Gold
They are surely overwhelmed with call volume and probably have fewer people in the domestic call centers due to the evacuations and storm damage. Unless it is urgent, I'd wait til after the storm
Old Oct 29, 2012, 9:40 am

Programs: AA EXP ; Cunard Plat
Originally Posted by ellinj
...I was able to get through in only a few minutes via the chairman line....
In times like this, it's good to have US status ....

I heard there was a backlog of over 1,000 calls on hold last night on the general line. It's frustrating for everybody. Some of the suggestions on this thread how US could improve sound good to me, and I hope US takes note.

I'm just glad I'm not flying in the next day or two.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 10:02 am

Programs: USAir Chairman
My flight from PHL to London was just cancelled for Tuesday night. FYI,
Old Oct 29, 2012, 10:02 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Thanks for the tip...I hadn't heard of that site before. Luckily, I'm sorted out for this trip but that is likely to be handy in the future.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 10:09 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Marriott Plat, Priority Club Plat, HHonors Diamond, Avis CC
Originally Posted by mizzou1
My LAX-PHL-PIT flight on US Airways was cancelled due to Sandy storm. I was rebooked in LAX-CLT-PIT on US Airways. I want to credit miles to my Aegean account. How should I ask US for ORC?
I am thinking that the best way is to leave the FF# number blank and then send US Airways a retroactive ORC request with my A3 number. Do you think this is the most reasonable way?
This is going to sound insensitive, but if you want the original miles then rebook the same trip for after the storm passes.

Is the difference of 172 miles (according to the mileage calculator that I used) each way really going to have that big of an impact?
Old Oct 29, 2012, 10:14 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by marketingmom
My flight from PHL to London was just cancelled for Tuesday night. FYI,
Same to MAN - stuck in Vegas

Last edited by Jetstreamer; Oct 29, 2012 at 4:07 pm
Old Oct 29, 2012, 10:16 am

Programs: HH Diamond, National Executive, Marriott Gold, US SP, Avis PS
Originally Posted by Jetstreamer
Same to MAN - stuck in Vegas
Could be stuck in worse places
Old Oct 29, 2012, 10:17 am

Update 2

PHL/LHR canceled for Tuesday . Rebooked for Wed, but not in Envoy--knew it was too good to last. Just an fyi for anyone who's in the same situation, today's agent changed my return to a day later with no hassle. Yesterday's agent would not do it. I don't know if it's because of the weather situation or I just got the right agent. Also, took about 5 tries to get into the queue on the SP line, but once I was in they answered within 5 mins. This was about noon today (Monday).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.