Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GoEnvoy/business and other TA upgrades

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2013, 3:44 am
Suspended

Programs: US CP ; LH FTL ; *G
You can upgrade if there is upgrade availability. Currently, you cannot view Envoy upgrade availability on the website - you have to call. So, call CS, ask the agent to look up the dates on which coach can be upgraded to Envoy, then book over the phone with upgrade at the time of booking.
Old Feb 3, 2013, 9:42 am

Programs: BA Gold, American Airlines, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by Heidelberg Barbie
Can the non refundable tix be upgraded?
To add some info: US used to have a restriction on which fares could be upgraded with CP Certs or with miles. Now any paid ticket (aside from bulk consolidated tickets and priceline etc.) can be upgraded with miles/copay.

As recommended, call first to see what flight dates are available for upgrade to your destination and then book on the spot (online) and then immediately call back (or ask the agent to hold while you buy online!) to upgrade.
Old Mar 17, 2013, 11:32 am

Programs: USA Dividend miles soon to be AAdvantage
Can one "buy up to" First Class?

If one had purchased an econ ticket can one 'buy up' to First Class at the checkin counter? Could one call US Airways a few days before the flight and 'buy up' to First Class at the current selling price.

Example: Economy ticket purchased -> FRA-CLT
Envoy price suddenly comes down in price on that leg.
Could one call US Airways and 'buy up' to Envoy based on the new price?
Old Mar 17, 2013, 12:00 pm

Programs: US Plat, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, Amex Plat
Sure, you can always buy up, but all rules for changing ticket apply, such as the change fee. Maybe wait until 24 hours before and try to buy up to Envoy.
Old Mar 17, 2013, 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by RMINIONE
Sure, you can always buy up, but all rules for changing ticket apply, such as the change fee. Maybe wait until 24 hours before and try to buy up to Envoy.
Ah, the "change fees" are applied? I know other airlines where that does not happen.

Waiting until 24 hours before, would that make those change fees go away?
Old Mar 17, 2013, 3:14 pm

Programs: US (Silver, *A Silver), AA, Starbucks (Gold)
Originally Posted by RMINIONE
^ At T-24 any open Envoy seats are released for "Go Envoy" cash upgrades, first come first serve. I believe FRA-CLT runs between $700 and $800.

Only real advantage to paying the change fee and buying up ahead of time are the extra PQM's (your ticket will most likely refare into "Z", which earns 150%).
Old Apr 4, 2013, 4:25 pm

Can I upgrade flight to Paris online?

I'm traveling from DCA to CDG via CLT in May. I'd like to use 30K of my miles (and $300) to upgrade to business class from economy. I can't find any way to do that online. Is that possible, or will I have to pay yet more to get the flights upgraded at their call center? I made reservation through US Airways website and paid with my US Airways Mastercard . . . why do I feel really naive right now?
Old Apr 4, 2013, 4:31 pm

Programs: DL-Silver; BA-Bronze
You have to call in to do it. There won't be any additional fee for the phone call.
Old Apr 5, 2013, 9:18 am

Programs: US (Silver, *A Silver), AA, Starbucks (Gold)
Before calling Dividend Miles, you might also want to do an award search online for Envoy on the date you're traveling and see if any "low availability" comes up. Frequently (though not always) low availability is an indicator that revenue management has released seats for upgrade.

As an aside - mileage upgrade seats are frequently not released until a week or two before the flight (especially for the busy summer travel season) and you probably will not be able to upgrade the DCA-CLT segment, being that it's a hub to hub route with a lot of paid F. That said, it certainly doesn't hurt to look now and then check every week or so as the departure date nears...
Old Apr 5, 2013, 9:46 am

Flying TransAtlantic wish to do a DM upgrade to FC?

I have booked an economy ticket FRA-PBI and have 30,000DMs. I'd like to upgrade to a FC seat. Do I call the reservations number to see if I can do this upgrade? Or is there a better way to do an upgrade?

I looked at the seating for this flight ... which is in 20 days and there are currently several F seats available.
Old Apr 5, 2013, 2:53 pm

You'll have to call in to the reservation number. You can get a good idea of whether there are any upgrades available by doing a search for awards on that flight and see if there are any "low" envoy awards available for redemption.
Old Apr 5, 2013, 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by bevoinva
You'll have to call in to the reservation number. You can get a good idea of whether there are any upgrades available by doing a search for awards on that flight and see if there are any "low" envoy awards available for redemption.
There are "medium" available but not "low". Is "medium" not available for a miles upgrade?
Old Apr 6, 2013, 6:16 am

You'd have to call and ask for sure, but I would guess not.
Old Apr 6, 2013, 7:58 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
GoEnvoy and other TA upgrades

Sometimes I've seen no green/low availability but they still gave me the mileage upgrade within a day or two of the flight.

So, yes, call often.
Old Apr 10, 2013, 8:37 pm

Flew the first clt-lhr and returned later in the week, was able to buy goenvoy for $500 out and $620 on way back. Was the higher fare on the way back due to taxes? Fantastic flight and service on both legs, really is a different level and takes all the stress out of traveling with lounge access as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.