Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Suggestions for use/extension of flight credits?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2012, 9:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC Altitude -.006k
Suggestions for use/extension of flight credits?

Hey all,

I'm usually over on the AC board and I couldn't find anything on the sticky or from searches, so I'm throwing out the question.

Q: what can I do (if anything) to maximize the flexibility of unused flight credits or lengthen their validity? Or ideas for best use?

Situation: I have a couple of unused flight credits from non-refundable flights in the past that are coming up to the 1-year mark from original date of issue (in October). These are not from DB or vouchers or any kind. Value is in the $500-800 range. No firm travel plan (yet) between now and then.

I gather these flight credits are not combinable (Unless each is a o/w ticket), flight must likely all be completed within 1 year (confirm? to contrast, with AC outbound must commence within 1-year, I/B could conceivably be EOS).

I'm flexible; e.g. MRs, originating from home town or East Coast, I like TATL/TCon, don't mind topping off.

I'd be interested in hearing about your thoughts/suggestions/experience.

Thanks in advance,

Whitey in YUL
Old Aug 15, 2012, 8:09 pm
Suspended

Programs: US CP ; LH FTL ; *G
Usually, people would rebook with a loss of $150. I believe you can rebook a RT into OW, so you can combine later.
Old Aug 17, 2012, 9:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC Altitude -.006k
Originally Posted by burlax
Usually, people would rebook with a loss of $150. I believe you can rebook a RT into OW, so you can combine later.
Thanks for the reply burlax and all those that took a peek at this thread to see if I can be helped.

It looks like I'm SOL on extending, as I feared, but can still turn a r/t to a o/w and v.v.. Unfortunately I don't think this'll work for TATL and o/w fares price into the top fare classes with top $$$.

Cheers,

W.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.