Community
Wiki Posts
Search

YYC to PHX First Class Meal

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2012, 7:07 am
Original Poster

YYC to PHX First Class Meal

We are sitting in first class from YYC to PHX. The flight has a time of 3:28 hours, so just under the 3.5 hours that is listed on the US Airways website for serving a meal. Does anyone know if a meal wille served or does the 2 minutes short mean no meal?

Thanks
Old Aug 9, 2012, 9:17 am
Suspended

Programs: Choice Gold, Hilton Diamond, US CP
No meal, just the snack basket. If you have a priority pass or platinum amex, check out the Rocky Mountain Lounge in the transborder concourse. They usually have a good spread of food that would be better than any airline meal.
Old Aug 10, 2012, 8:58 am

Programs: AA EP, OZ Diamond, WS Plat, Avis CHM, Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B206 Safari/7534.48.3)

Agreed. No meal and yes the Rocky mountain lounge is great!
Old Aug 10, 2012, 9:01 am
Formerly known as I_Hate_US_Airways

Programs: My Loyalty Programs? I now VOTE with my wallet!!!
Thumbs down Ya...

have done this trip many a time and sadly no meal )-:
Old Aug 10, 2012, 9:52 am

Programs: US (Silver, *A Silver), AA, Starbucks (Gold)
Originally Posted by CNMAZ
We are sitting in first class from YYC to PHX. The flight has a time of 3:28 hours, so just under the 3.5 hours that is listed on the US Airways website for serving a meal. Does anyone know if a meal wille served or does the 2 minutes short mean no meal?

Thanks
They likely timed it at 3:28 instead of 3:30 deliberately to avoid catering the flight.
Old Aug 10, 2012, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by thomwithanh
They likely timed it at 3:28 instead of 3:30 deliberately to avoid catering the flight.
No true, US has some flights that are under 3.5hr and serves a meal, just depends on the competetion on that route.
Old Aug 10, 2012, 5:11 pm

At least there's an F. It wasn't too long ago that route was nearly 4 hours on a Mesa Air CRJ.
Old Aug 10, 2012, 5:39 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by FlightNurse
No true, US has some flights that are under 3.5hr and serves a meal, just depends on the competetion on that route.
Agree... DFW-PHL is below 3.5 and meal is served. Thank you AA for competing with US on this route (until the merge....)
Old Aug 10, 2012, 6:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by lkar
At least there's an F. It wasn't too long ago that route was nearly 4 hours on a Mesa Air CRJ.
This is true...
Old Aug 10, 2012, 7:07 pm

Programs: US Airways Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by TPJ
Agree... DFW-PHL is below 3.5 and meal is served. Thank you AA for competing with US on this route (until the merge....)
I remember flying DFW-CLT - about three years ago in F and got a full meal (thank you AA competition!). Sadly, I've started flying this more often here in 2012 and there has been no more meals in F.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.