[Targeted?] Club 4 Day Sale on USAirways

Old Jul 17, 12, 8:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: US Airways Gold, SPG Gold
[Targeted?] Club 4 Day Sale on USAirways

just got this email a few moments ago:

As a valued Silver Preferred member, join between July 17 and July 20 and pay only $315 with promo code USCLB. Or, pay $375 and earn 5,000 Preferred qualifying miles with promo code PQM5K. And, for being a valued customer, we’ll waive the $50 initiation fee

anyone jumping in?
Old Jul 17, 12, 8:50 am

Programs: AA Plat
I was debating it. The 5k PQM is pretty tempting. They've been doing this offer pretty regularly. I guess my only question is the membership good for 12 calendar months from the date of purchase?
Old Jul 17, 12, 9:03 am

Programs: HHonors: Diamond. US Dividend Miles: Gold. Hertz: President's Circle
I always assumed that buying an annual membership gave you the membership for 12 months from that date.
Old Jul 17, 12, 9:03 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Life Plat
Originally Posted by webrobby View Post
anyone jumping in?
I jumped... looking at my future travel for the year, the 5K PQM miles may make the difference in maintaining my status for next year. The extra $60 for 5K actual PQM seems like a better deal than perhaps buying up at the end of year, since that doesn't actually net any actual miles.
Old Jul 17, 12, 9:04 am

I received the same offer. I'm Silver and I currently have a club membership that expires in August. I think I'll jump on this for the 5k miles.
Old Jul 17, 12, 9:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: US Airways Gold, SPG Gold
I think i will too - 5K PQM seems to be the best of the club offers I have gotten this year
Old Jul 17, 12, 9:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
I got it too. Debating dumping my UA Club Visa and taking this. Price is the same and I get the PQMs.
Old Jul 17, 12, 11:41 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors Gold, Hertz 5*
I also received the offer...I've been toying with all these club sales for a while, and the 5k PQM may actually push me through this time. Almost like doing a PHX-NYC mileage run, without actually having to get on the plane--with something to last after.

As a CP the prices are:
$275 no miles
$325 for the 5k PQM
Old Jul 17, 12, 11:43 am

Programs: US CP; AA LTG; HH Dia; SPG Plat; Marriott Gold
Hard to see passing this one up. $315 for 5k EQM is 6.3 cents per EQM, which is pretty much a poor mileage run. Even though I have the Amex Plat, getting access to United Clubs seems to make it a no brainer.
Old Jul 17, 12, 11:43 am

If memory serves, the last two years US offered discounts and PQM Club promotions that overlapped slightly with beginning of Grand Slam. One could renew at discount/get PQMs AND a hit in Grand Slam for renewing with the Club. I did this.

So, when I got my email, I thought "rats," they may not do that this year.

Ah, I looked it up in my tracking spread sheet for Grand Slam, and it looks like the PQM offer was for only 3k EQM then.

Last edited by travelpye; Jul 17, 12 at 11:49 am Reason: more info
Old Jul 17, 12, 12:25 pm

I was looking on the Grand Slam sub-forum yesterday, and some posters believe there will be no Grand Slam this year. Take that with a grain of salt, of course. But anyone hesitating on this offer in anticipation of another Grand Slam club offer may be disappointed.

When I bought my membership last August, the offer was for 3.5k preferred miles for (I believe) the same price. I'm happy to take advantage of a better deal this year!
Old Jul 17, 12, 12:53 pm

Aside from drinks what benefits do the clubs have over and above what a USO would have?
Old Jul 17, 12, 2:30 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond
My membership expires in October and I got the offer. I assume a renewal would put me through to Oct 2013 not just 12 months from now?
Old Jul 17, 12, 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by apeortdz View Post
My membership expires in October and I got the offer. I assume a renewal would put me through to Oct 2013 not just 12 months from now?
The offer states that it is for: "new US Airways Club annual memberships and current US Airways Club memberships that are eligible for renewal." I would hope that since you received the offer that you are eligible for renewal, but I *think* I've read previously that the "elgible for renewal" period begins two months prior to your current expiration. I tried to confirm that online but couldn't.

I received an e-mail a week or two ago pushing me to renew ahead of my August expiration, so I'm assuming I'm within the renewal period. Have you gotten that yet? I probably should have called today before doing the renewal online to confirm, but I'm also assuming I extended my membership to August 2013, not July 2013.
Old Jul 17, 12, 3:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP, OZ*G, Avis CHM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B206 Safari/7534.48.3)

Will probably jump in on this one myself ... Just for the UA clubs are worth it as I also have a Plat Amex card. The 5k PQM pushes me over the edge!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: