Wiki Posts
Search

Amsterdam arrival on US

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2012, 6:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Amsterdam arrival on US

I will be arriving in AMS on US on Friday. Unfortunately I won't be in Envoy but I am Star Gold. Is there a *A arrivals lounge that I can use? If not, is there a lounge where I can get a shower for a cost? Thanks.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 7:33 am

Programs: US (Silver, *A Silver), AA, Starbucks (Gold)
Originally Posted by apeortdz
I will be arriving in AMS on US on Friday. Unfortunately I won't be in Envoy but I am Star Gold. Is there a *A arrivals lounge that I can use? If not, is there a lounge where I can get a shower for a cost? Thanks.
No arrivals lounge that I'm aware of (at least not one accessible with a *G card) - lounge offerings in general for Star seem fairly paltry, being that it's a SkyTeam hub:

*The lounge finder website lists a Singapore Airlines Silverkris Lounge, though there is anecdotal evidence of *G pax who aren't actually departing on an SQ flight being turned away - so YMMV.
*The LH website lists a Servisair contract lounge available with a *G card, but no showers. (Assuming this is on the Schengen side)

I've never actually flown through AMS so I have no idea what the rules would be regarding an arriving passenger accessing any of these lounges.

EDIT: For what it's worth, you could buy a 30 day Delta SkyClub membership (which according to this DOES allow access to partner lounges) for $90. That would get you into the Schengen and non-Schengen side KLM lounges, both of which have showers.

Last edited by thomwithanh; Jul 17, 2012 at 7:36 am Reason: ST option
Old Jul 17, 2012, 7:38 pm

Programs: US (Silver, *A Silver), AA, Starbucks (Gold)
According to this the non Schengen side Servisair lounge has showers.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 8:26 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Originally Posted by apeortdz
Don't know about AMS, but in CDG (and thus I am assuming in AMS as well) Star Gold does NOT give you arrival access to the *A lounge -- only departure access.

This said, and speaking only hypothetically of course, it never hurts to ask ("... and I promise I'll never do it again, it's just that ...")
Old Jul 18, 2012, 10:12 am

Programs: US dirt (former CP), Marriott Gold, UA Prem Exec, Hyatt Plat
I understand you're not flying in Envoy, but the 'arrivals lounge' US contracts with for those flying in Envoy (at least did in 2010 when I flew to AMS) is the Hotel Mercure attached to AMS. Perhaps they have a 'shower rate' you can use...
Old Jul 18, 2012, 11:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Thank you dvanrip - good idea.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.