Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Companion baggage as *S

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2012, 6:38 pm
Original Poster

Companion baggage as *S

Just used my companion pass from the Barclay's card to book three tickets. I'm UA 2P/*S. I was able to go into the reservation and switch the FF# to my UA number. (The way I read the terms, companion travel is only eligible for Dividend Miles, but the full price ticket should still be eligible to credit to any *A carrier. Hopefully that'll work out for me.)

As *S, I'll get a free checked bag. Will my companions as well? I've searched and couldn't find a conclusive answer.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 7:49 am

Originally Posted by penner42
Just used my companion pass from the Barclay's card to book three tickets. I'm UA 2P/*S. I was able to go into the reservation and switch the FF# to my UA number. (The way I read the terms, companion travel is only eligible for Dividend Miles, but the full price ticket should still be eligible to credit to any *A carrier. Hopefully that'll work out for me.)

As *S, I'll get a free checked bag. Will my companions as well? I've searched and couldn't find a conclusive answer.
I honestly do have to admit that I got no idea what the first part has got to do with the accrual of your miles in a given program (yes you will be credited your miles as flown - did that before):

Your companions will not get a free bag if the do not have status themselves (assuming you are flying US - US).
Old Jul 17, 2012, 8:15 am

Programs: DL-Silver; BA-Bronze
Originally Posted by ProfNapalm
Your companions will not get a free bag if the do not have status themselves (assuming you are flying US - US).
If the companions are on the same itinerary, they will also get the same bag allowance. There are several other threads out there where this has been asked and confirmed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.