Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SAFETY DEMO on A330's

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2012, 11:24 am
Original Poster

Location: The views I express here are not necessarily supported by any airline or codeshare partners, nor do I represent their views and/or opinions. They are my own OPINIONS dont like them dont read them.....
SAFETY DEMO on A330's

Nice to see it finally on the 330's. Anyone else seen it yet?
Old Jun 7, 2012, 11:48 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Originally Posted by flight62
Nice to see it finally on the 330's. Anyone else seen it yet?
Just caught it yesterday. Very useful, lots of serious info about what to do in case ... well, in case something not-so-good were to happen.

What struck me as a bit odd, however, is that the non-English version that followed was highly redacted, so the non-English speakers might not realize which chutes became life rafts and which ones did not, for example.
Old Jun 7, 2012, 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by Biggie Fries
What struck me as a bit odd, however, is that the non-English version that followed was highly redacted, so the non-English speakers might not realize which chutes became life rafts and which ones did not, for example.
That was also the case with the previous US Spanish demo. I have been on a few flights where the aircraft had to wait to take off before the demo was completed. I'm sure they want to keep it as succinct as possible. AFAIK, a foreign language version isn't a regulatory requirement, but providing the basics is a great idea. Should anything go wrong, those that don't speak English will just follow the actions of the remaining passengers anyway.
Old Jun 7, 2012, 6:50 pm

Programs: US (Silver, *A Silver), AA, Starbucks (Gold)
Originally Posted by cedric
That was also the case with the previous US Spanish demo. I have been on a few flights where the aircraft had to wait to take off before the demo was completed. I'm sure they want to keep it as succinct as possible. AFAIK, a foreign language version isn't a regulatory requirement, but providing the basics is a great idea. Should anything go wrong, those that don't speak English will just follow the actions of the remaining passengers anyway.
I speak little Spanish, but I do recall catching them saying something about that if you were in an exit row and didn't understand English to notify the crew for reseating.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.