Community
Wiki Posts
Search

US airways is not being fair...

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2012, 4:47 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, UA Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Gate F5 - Say no more.

The weather was terrible here yesterday evening but the F gate staff ranks among the lowest in the country in my opinion. I would put them up against the A gates at IAD and the SFO regional staff any day.
Old Jun 2, 2012, 4:49 pm

Programs: Several
I'm pretty sure the baggage policy currently is that there is no bag match for domestic flights. International flights still require it, but I believe there are certain conditions that change the requirement for that.
Old Jun 2, 2012, 5:23 pm

Originally Posted by dcpatti
it was a bit more complicated as he requested a multiple-carrier interline on two reservations that were not on the same PNR.
Which is still not a problem, I've done it multiple times myself.
Old Jun 2, 2012, 5:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, UA Platinum, others
Originally Posted by lougord99
However, all airports now have positive bag screening and there is absolutely no requirement that you fly with your bags.
.... on DOMESTIC flights.
Old Jun 3, 2012, 10:13 am

Location: Athens, WV, USA; a US cockroach long before it was in FFOCUS; now a lowly US5 for only the 2nd time in 20 years.
Programs: US5
Originally Posted by LateatPHL
Gate F5 - Say no more.

The weather was terrible here yesterday evening but the F gate staff ranks among the lowest in the country in my opinion. I would put them up against the A gates at IAD and the SFO regional staff any day.
It's not called "Terminal F'ed" for nothing.
Old Jun 3, 2012, 8:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: GP plat, SPG plat
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9700/5.0.0.979 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Originally Posted by jimcfsus
Originally Posted by LateatPHL
Gate F5 - Say no more.

It's not called "Terminal F'ed" for nothing.
Lol. That's great. The stranded guy def got terminal f'ed on Friday
Old Jun 3, 2012, 8:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: GP plat, SPG plat
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9700/5.0.0.979 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Originally Posted by jmr50
Originally Posted by lougord99
However, all airports now have positive bag screening and there is absolutely no requirement that you fly with your bags.
.... on DOMESTIC flights.
To clarify, does that mean you are NOT required to fly with your bags on domestic flights? But you are required to fly with them on int flights
Old Jun 8, 2012, 5:43 pm

Originally Posted by bouncingbug

To clarify, does that mean you are NOT required to fly with your bags on domestic flights? But you are required to fly with them on int flights
More precisely; your bags can fly without you on a domestic flight. International rules require that the passenger actually be on the flight or the bags will be pulled off (the only exception is "expedite" luggage, if the passenger is already at the destination).
Old Jun 9, 2012, 2:24 am

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Originally Posted by MavSeven
More precisely; your bags can fly without you on a domestic flight. International rules require that the passenger actually be on the flight or the bags will be pulled off (the only exception is "expedite" luggage, if the passenger is already at the destination).
I've run into it internationally making a tight connection MSY-MSP-LHR because of bad weather in MSY. I ran to the gate, and the agent needed to see my bag tags to authorize the baggage handlers to load my luggage, since the IROPS system had already assumed that I wouldn't make the flight and put me on the next day's MSP-LHR.
Old Jun 9, 2012, 2:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
I ran into a similarly stupid situation in MIA a few years ago. Flew in from EZE on AA, connecting to HP to PHX. Bag was mia at MIA, and they refused to fly me to PHX until it was found. I was flabbergasted, and called up the HP toll free, and was told the agents at MIA were FOS. Got it ironed out, and got to sit next to Adam West and his son in FC going to PHX.
Old Jun 9, 2012, 6:31 am

Programs: US Dividend Miles
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
I ran into a similarly stupid situation in MIA a few years ago. Flew in from EZE on AA, connecting to HP to PHX. Bag was mia at MIA, and they refused to fly me to PHX until it was found. I was flabbergasted, and called up the HP toll free, and was told the agents at MIA were FOS. Got it ironed out, and got to sit next to Adam West and his son in FC going to PHX.
I KNOW it's not particularly fun to read and know the Contract of Carriage. However from time to time(4) I've had to pull the bleeping thing out and show it to the agent. It worked all four times as what I was being told has not what the CoC said. I was however on my very best behavior and tried to be as non confrontational as possible when you are in fact confronting someone. for example I said on one of them, "Why don't WE get a Supervisor to take a look, no need for you and I to be angry with each other?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.