Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Upgrade procedure and IT? -- email from US

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2012, 12:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA-Gold 0.425MM), AS MVP Gold, National EE, Marriott Titanium (LT-G), UA Silver
My non-status GF and I were upgraded on both our Friday EWR-CLT [734] & CLT-DEN [321] segments (I know! a miracle!!) at T-50h

I happened to be awake and checked my res on the website @ appx 330am, when upgrade occured promptly. I got the "thumbs up" email at 643am.

I'm still in shock that a Silver w/ non-status companion got the upgrade on a mid-con during the week.
Old Aug 8, 2012, 10:03 am

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond
Smile

I emailed US today concerning the emails I received and posted about earlier here no longer telling me the useful information(seat I was upgraded to, etc) since they improved the upgrade process. They responded right away and were honest! can you imagine :-)

"Unfortunately, we did have a few bugs with our new upgrade system and did have to revert back to the old automatic upgrade system. At this time we are in hopes to have the new automatic system running again by the end of this month."

I like it when they are honest and informative with their responses
Old Aug 8, 2012, 1:38 pm

Programs: AA - Exec Plat, HHonors - Diamond, IHG - Spire, Hertz President Circle
There are always two times when the upgrade process NEVER works for me:

- PNR's with more than one connection (say XXX-CLT-DCA-XXX)
- PNR"s that are multi city trips

By never works I mean I don't even get an email saying no upgrade. Its like these PNR's are not included process at all.

All other PNR's (standard non stop or 1 connection) work just fine.

Anyone else experience this?
Old Aug 13, 2012, 9:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA-Gold 0.425MM), AS MVP Gold, National EE, Marriott Titanium (LT-G), UA Silver
So, for the third time in a row, i've had to call and request a manual upgrade for flights where I'm in a mixed-status res.

The most recent example: My mother (gold) and I (silver) are flying LGA-CLT-STL on Thursday 8/16. Today (Monday) I see on Flightstats + the seatmap (I know, unreliable) that available F seats dropped by 2 at the gold window, with 9 FC seats open on the LGA-CLT, and 6 seats open on the CLT-STL.

She first calls the gold desk, explains the problem w/ mixed-status upgrades, but the agent, after claiming that "I'm a Chairman's agent, so I know all about upgrades," refuses to do anything because "we aren't allowed to do manual upgrades until 48 hours from departure." I'm listening in to the conversation, so I make a hand motion to spin the roulette wheel and try again.

The second gold desk agent also refuses to upgrade our res because "there are no FC seats available." I point out the 9/6 open seats and open O bucket inventory, but "there's no way she can discuss that information, and i'll have to wait until the silver window." Fine, we make another trip around the wheel....

This time, I decide I'd try the silver desk (since they're all the same now anyways). I give the same explanation to a different agent, who states that my mother was listed as silver on the reservation. I point out that my mother successfully completed the gold trial in June, and booked the reservation during that time, but the Silver agent said that status on the reservation for upgrade purposes was solely contingent upon the status at the time the reservation was booked, not current status. Beyond the fact that according to her logic, the res status should have been gold, once I pointed out that my mother was in fact Gold, she quickly and kindly upgraded us on both segments.

So...more US IT BS? I'm wondering why the reservation would be listing her as Silver instead of Gold when she has only ever been Gold? Anyone else have this issue?
Old Jun 11, 2013, 5:03 pm

Old thread but seems to be most relevant one. For first time since getting trial 3+ months ago I did not receive upgrade email 2 days out as Silver. Checked US Airways website and I did get upgraded so am pleased about that but wondering why I didn't receive an email.
Old Jun 11, 2013, 9:46 pm

Programs: US CP, HH Diamond, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by lizs
Old thread but seems to be most relevant one. For first time since getting trial 3+ months ago I did not receive upgrade email 2 days out as Silver. Checked US Airways website and I did get upgraded so am pleased about that but wondering why I didn't receive an email.
Chairmanship here, and I've had the same thing for the last few flights. No emails but got the upgrades. Thinking there's a system issue.
Old Jun 13, 2013, 8:53 pm

Originally Posted by Argonott
Chairmanship here, and I've had the same thing for the last few flights. No emails but got the upgrades. Thinking there's a system issue.
Interesting. I did get one a day later for another flight saying no upgrades, then another one 12 hours later giving me an upgrade. Perhaps it was a one time fluke? As mentioned, as long as I'm getting the upgrade I'm not too concerned, just love waking up to my upgrade email
Old Jun 15, 2013, 12:34 am

For some reason, I've never gotten e-mails from US at my primary (self-operated mailserver) address. I had to add a Gmail address as a secondary address.
Old Jun 15, 2013, 5:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: US CP ; LH FTL ; *G
Originally Posted by tt120
There are always two times when the upgrade process NEVER works for me:

- PNR's with more than one connection (say XXX-CLT-DCA-XXX)
- PNR"s that are multi city trips

By never works I mean I don't even get an email saying no upgrade. Its like these PNR's are not included process at all.

All other PNR's (standard non stop or 1 connection) work just fine.

Anyone else experience this?
I have been upgraded on a multicity trip ( on every segment where FC was available ):

AAA-BBB-CCC ( stop ) CCC-DDD-EEE ( stop ) FFF-GGG-HHH ( stop ) HHH-GGG-FFF

Booked on one PNR with stops ranging from a few days to a month.
Old Jun 16, 2013, 6:40 am

Programs: AA EXP: : SPG Plat; HH Gold
I'm having a unique situation occurring - have a flight coming up on Tuesday, one leg no FC and other on a E170 and received an UG very early on.

Every day since i received my UG notification i have recieved an email with a thumbs down and the standard "no upgrades available". I have already received the UG on the only flight I was eligible for.

Received another this AM.
Old Jun 18, 2013, 7:40 am

Programs: US CP, MR Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
Booked ORD-DCA at the Plat window, received an email that day saying upgrade for PHL-DCA but nothing else cleared. Never receive an email again. Woke up this morning and checked my seat assignment and I was upgraded on all 4 legs. Checked last night and nothing had cleared yet. So I guess SP is the new CP window...

Go Gators

Edit: 8:42am central time: just got the upgrade email, happy to confirm your upgrade for ORD-PHL and PHL-DCA, but says PHL-ORD was already confirmed. Looks like US IT is struggling this morning...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.