Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Upgrade procedure and IT? -- email from US

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2012, 5:02 am

Programs: AA PPro, Mariott Ambassador, B6 Mosaic, SBUX Gold, Best Buy Elite
New Upgrade procedure and IT? -- email from US

I just got one for next week that says "an unknown error has occurred please call the preferred desk"
Old Jul 24, 2012, 5:10 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Originally Posted by GNALUZU
I'll post the details after we take the trip.

Also, I was incorrect about who had status. It is 1 CP, 2 PP, 1 SP and 2 with nothing, but I don't think any of that matters.
Just got my email for Friday's flight. It says (with a thumbs up icon), "You've been upgraded to first class on these flights..."

Well not exactly. I paid for F class. So I guess you could call it an upgrade.... Sorta.
Old Jul 24, 2012, 7:44 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, United MM Gold, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Platinum, Packer Owner
Direct Flights

Upgrading on direct flights (one-stop, no change of planes) has been a problem in the past and continues to be one. The "new" system won't recognize a Chairman for automatic upgrades on either segment; neither did the "old" system.

I have a direct flight thru PHX later this week. After noticing that a couple F/C seats on the second segment disappeared between six and four days out, I called the Chairman's line last night and fortunately a supervisor answered. She acknowledged that upgrading on direct flights are a problem in the system, and she also saw that two Chairmen had been upgraded in the previous two days. She took a few minutes to override the system and got me my upgrade.

I sent her an ABC card.
Old Jul 24, 2012, 8:07 am

Originally Posted by NJTraveler
Upgrading on direct flights (one-stop, no change of planes) has been a problem in the past and continues to be one. The "new" system won't recognize a Chairman for automatic upgrades on either segment; neither did the "old" system.

I have a direct flight thru PHX later this week. After noticing that a couple F/C seats on the second segment disappeared between six and four days out, I called the Chairman's line last night and fortunately a supervisor answered. She acknowledged that upgrading on direct flights are a problem in the system, and she also saw that two Chairmen had been upgraded in the previous two days. She took a few minutes to override the system and got me my upgrade.

I sent her an ABC card.
I was upgraded on LAS-DFW via PHX earlier this month. It came much later than usual but it came without my calling.
Old Jul 25, 2012, 6:14 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond
I used an e-certificate to book a flight tomorrow. Had to call in over the phone - and booked the reservation. Flight was booked in June; but I did not receive any upgrade status emails for tomorrow's flight.

I have received emails on all other US trips this year including one last week. Has anyone else encountered this problem?
Old Jul 25, 2012, 6:18 am

Programs: BA Gold, American Airlines, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by lemfc
I used an e-certificate ...

Has anyone else encountered this problem?
Not specifically but IMO it warrants a call to the Preferred line to make certain you're in the upgrade queue.
Old Jul 25, 2012, 6:37 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond
Just called and was given an upgrade and an apology. Phone rep indicated a "system problem" with upgrades and to call back and manually request an upgrade on the return. He said this was the third manual upgrade he had processed since yesterday.
Old Jul 25, 2012, 7:26 am

Programs: US CP, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by ellinj
I was upgraded on LAS-DFW via PHX earlier this month. It came much later than usual but it came without my calling.
Same for me as a Plat, got my RNO-PHX-BWI direct flight upgrade at the 2 day window, but it came through. My understanding is that the trouble is that you have to be in the same seat for both flights so the same seat has to be available at your window for the u/g to process.
Old Jul 27, 2012, 12:44 pm

Maybe US needs to talk to the folks at Award Wallet.

Got this, but still no email from US.

Old Jul 28, 2012, 12:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA-Gold 0.425MM), AS MVP Gold, National EE, Marriott Titanium (LT-G), UA Silver
Originally Posted by ellinj
Maybe US needs to talk to the folks at Award Wallet.

Got this, but still no email from US.

LOL, you blobbed-out the O & D on the res, but it still shows above the reservation details
Old Jul 28, 2012, 3:13 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Marriott Plat, Priority Club Plat, HHonors Diamond, Avis CC
Originally Posted by geo1005
WOW!!! Six upgraded at once at the 4 day window! ^

Ok, what route/day is this???
It was PHX-SFO. Yesterday on the mid morning flight.
Old Jul 28, 2012, 4:35 pm

Originally Posted by PaceLaw2012
LOL, you blobbed-out the O & D on the res, but it still shows above the reservation details
Oh well I tried.
Old Jul 28, 2012, 5:02 pm

Programs: BA Gold, American Airlines, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
It was PHX-SFO. Yesterday on the mid morning flight.
Was that a A321? Nice one!
Old Jul 28, 2012, 5:06 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Marriott Plat, Priority Club Plat, HHonors Diamond, Avis CC
Originally Posted by geo1005
Was that a A321? Nice one!
I believe so. We took up 6 of the 12 first class seats. It was pretty entertaining. Gave the FA 2 A&B certs for putting up with us
Old Jul 28, 2012, 5:15 pm

I believe so. We took up 6 of the 12 first class seats. It was pretty entertaining. Gave the FA 2 A&B certs for putting up with us
a 321 would have 16 seats

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.