Wiki Posts
Search

It's NOT national BBQ Day, It's Memorial Day 2012

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2012, 12:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: US Dividend Miles
It's NOT national BBQ Day, It's Memorial Day 2012

I decided to leave politics for another day and Instead focus on those men and women who have crossed my path who served. Where they served, and to honor them for their service. I would encourage all to write their names here.

Staff Sargent Glenn Pauman -
USAF, Alaska. He was the best man at my wedding. Ended up at a secret base in AK someplace in charge of a crew that plowed the runway diring the early '80's. He passed recently from alcoholism.

Lt. Colonel Nancy E. Gordon
- 69th Aero Medivac Squadron out of Macguire AFB in Jersey. She ferried the wounded from Germany to the USA. Was on the ground during Desert Storm and is still active today. She is a BSN who has won several commendations for infection control. Great Lady Great Friend.

Pfc James Yerkes,
US Army, KIA, Vietnam 1966 - His death brought the war home to our quiet little town of 250 nestled along the Delaware. To this very day the carillon purchased as a memorial still rings out every Sunday. He was the towns big brother and us kids lost a lot.

Pfc Leo Howarth US Army - We were next door neighbors with the same draft year. His number was 4 of 89 taken. Mine was 289. He ended up on a Vulcan Air defense gun in Okinawa for his entire tour of duty. Never went to Vietnam and I stayed home.

Pfc Robert Johnson,
US Army of Occupation, Yokohama, Japan. Got Rheumatic Fever there and passed when he was 39. He was my Dad and I miss him to this very day. He wanted to be just like his big brother. He was born July 3rd and July 5th he enlisted. Lied about his age.

Pfc Kenneth W Johnson, US Army, 3rd Army Corp, 90th Division under George S Patton -
He did it all. Landed on Normandy, Battle of the Bulge, Liberating a camp or two. He saw it all and lived to keep quiet about it. 2 Purple Hearts, Oak Leaf Cluster. One of thousands who in their words "Just did our jobs"

So when you're flipping the burgers remember all the Bobs, Ken's, Nancy's and Jim's who made it possible. May God Bless all who served.

To all of those who just did their jobs, I say thank you for a job well done.
Old May 28, 2012, 7:27 am

Programs: AA EXP ; Cunard Plat
US in only airline in 2012 top 40 "Best for Vets" employers

press release

(emphasis mine)

Only Airline Named in Top 40 Rankings
US Airways Flying WWII Heroes to Washington, DC for Memorial Day Weekend Visit
TEMPE, Ariz., May 24, 2012 /PRNewswire via COMTEX/ --Military Times Edge magazine has named US Airways (NYSE: LCC) among the 40 Best for Vets employers for 2012 among 1,000 major corporations surveyed. For the second year in a row, the magazine recognized US Airways for its policies and programs to recruit and retain military veterans and to accommodate and support deployments by US Airways employees who serve in the National Guard and on reserve duty. ...
As we remember and salute all our military veterans this Memorial Day, thank you US for being a model employer for veterans and employees on deployment ^
Old May 28, 2012, 7:34 pm

Programs: DL DM and charter KM
Staff Sargent Shamus ( Al) Goare of Danville, Ohio, 160th SOAR ( The Night Stalkers) KIA in the Hindu Kush going to the rescue of a Navy Seal group trapped way behind the front lines. Also killed in action on that MH 47 was 18 other special operations forces , both Army and Navy Seals trying to rescue their brothers. RIP my friend.
Old May 28, 2012, 8:08 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, MR-PP
Corporal Patrick Daniel "Pat" Tillman (November 6, 1976 – April 22, 2004) - Killed by friendly fire. Subject of controversy at his own funeral (dishonored by John McCain no less) as well as even today (in fact dishonored today by demotion and crucifixion in Fayetville, NC).
Old May 28, 2012, 9:16 pm

Programs: AA, DL, WN, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott, Hyatt
God bless all of our Fallen Heroes. May they rest in peace.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.