FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-consolidation-american-airlines-612/)
-   -   Has anyone ever been the only person in F on a mainline flight? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-consolidation-american-airlines/1333531-has-anyone-ever-been-only-person-f-mainline-flight.html)

PaceLaw2012 Apr 6, 2012 9:56 pm

Has anyone ever been the only person in F on a mainline flight?

This is really just a random thought thread, so mods feel free to close it if you feel its "unproductive", etc.

I just checked in for my FLL-CLT-LGA tomorrow, and when I checked the seatmap for F, it only showed 2 seats taken (including mine) on the FLL-CLT segment (#1734 on a 734). I know that this doesn't mean that there's only 2 people in the F cabin, and that FLL-CLT is hardly an elite-heavy route, but it got me thinking. Has anyone been the only person in F on a mainline flight? If so, was the service just as surly as regular flights in F? (j/k) :).

will2288 Apr 6, 2012 10:03 pm

I frequently read trip reports about long-haul F cabins having only one person.

In the US on domestic flights I would think this is very rare, but certainly possible.

Elloden Apr 6, 2012 10:20 pm

Almost... was on a late night flight last month on an A320 that had me and a pilot who sat down and went to sleep. The FA got me a drink then brought the snack basket back to me and told me to take as much as I wanted.

aztimm Apr 6, 2012 10:45 pm

Originally Posted by PaceLaw2012 (Post 18349524)
Has anyone been the only person in F on a mainline flight? If so, was the service just as surly as regular flights in F? (j/k) :).

As part of my very first mileage run (where I was in F the entire time), I was the only pax in F for LAS-PHX. I think it was Jan 2006.

Before we took off, the captain came back, introduced himself, asked, "do you have enough room?" I think the FA's (and several pax in Y) asked the same. If I remember correctly, it was a very light flight, like 20-30 pax on an A320.

I think all I drank was water, not even sure if I had a snack. I had just eaten breakfast on an early JFK-LAS flight, then got a Frap from Starbucks at LAS.

The unfortunate thing was after landing we had to wait forever for our gate. That was my first/last time ever changing here at PHX, and by the time I reached my next flight (PHX-SEA), it was about midway through boarding.

MavSeven Apr 6, 2012 10:45 pm

Yep. In fact, I was almost the only person on the whole airplane. Was flying PHL-PHX a couple of years ago, and while enroute a severe storm system (that nearly dropped a tornado) blew through PHX, and we diverted to DEN with 6 other US flights.

Right as I was about to go find a comfortable sleeping spot for the night, PHX reopened and they started filling up the planes one by one. I waited around for the last departure (they wound up sending back at least one plane completely empty), and was allowed to sit anywhere. Just as the door was about to close, 3 more people got on, but all elected to sit in coach. Meh...

awaflyboy Apr 6, 2012 11:03 pm

I once worked a 320 PHXSAN flight where I only had two pax on it. They were laughing about how they were the only people in the gate area and we got to talking about that scene in the movie Meet The Parents and had such a good time that I boarded them like in the movie, we all were laughing so hard. It's times like that, that I love being in the biz! And yes, I made them sit up front - they were so bummed ;-)

CPRich Apr 6, 2012 11:07 pm

Several years back I sat up front in 2D of a 737 as the only person on the entire plane. BWI-CLT on a stormy, delay-filled Wednesday evening.

ibrandsguest Apr 7, 2012 4:15 am

Yes, CLT-CUN, among others.

Once I was taking United from LGA-Denver and I think I may have been the only passenger on the whole plane. There were weather issues or something; it was almost 15 years ago.

cwe84 Apr 7, 2012 5:29 am

JAN-DCA we frequently have no one at all in F

IADCAflyer Apr 7, 2012 6:24 am

Originally Posted by cwe84 (Post 18350332)
JAN-DCA we frequently have no one at all in F

Yes, its happened to me but it was close to 25 years ago flying BWI-ROA on one of the old 732s. Think about that one (BWI to ROA...and on a mainline jet).

ellinj Apr 7, 2012 6:25 am

Flew CLT-CHS on a refitted PSA CR7, I was the only one in F until just before departure they moved up a uniformed military. Two in F, for the rather short flight.

blueheronNC Apr 7, 2012 6:37 am

Originally Posted by ellinj (Post 18350422)
Flew CLT-CHS on a refitted PSA CR7, I was the only one in F until just before departure they moved up a uniformed military. Two in F, for the rather short flight.

Was on a CLT-TLH CR7 refitted and the only person in F one time. A few folks sitting in coach bulkhead asked to move up, and the FA said, "yeah, sure."

geo1005 Apr 7, 2012 6:47 am

A long time ago I was the only F passenger on a DEN-CLT flight. It made it a little embarrassing when the FA asked if she should open another bottle of wine. It was Firesteed Pinot Noir... That should tell you how long ago that flight was! :eek:

Nukedoc Apr 7, 2012 6:55 am

Many years ago I was the only passenger on a flight from SFO- San Jose CA. Was treated like royalty by the crew for the 20 minute flight. BTW it was on a UA 757.

alanslegal Apr 7, 2012 7:31 am

Originally Posted by will2288 (Post 18349542)
I frequently read trip reports about long-haul F cabins having only one person.

I've read them as well.

A couple of years ago, I flew SQ F where I was the only F passenger, routing was SIN to SYD. A few months ago, my girlfriend and I flew LH F and we were the only F passengers, routing was FRA to ICN.