Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Has anyone ever been the only person in F on a mainline flight?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2012, 11:55 pm

Programs: UA Silver/ AA EXP/Hyatt Globalist/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Hilton Diamond
I was once back in the days before UDU. I was put there because of IRROPS. Back then it was customary for US to rebook passengers in F when issues where US was at fault caused misconnections. Another person on my flight who was traveling with her 18 month old was also rebooked into F on her flight. We were both stoked. I was very very young and it was my first F flight. The FA told me jokingly they were hoping to have the F cabin all to themselves but I blew it. I was glad too cause coach was packed and I'd been stuck in CLT for hours waiting on the next flight.

Side note: I was also once the only passenger period on a CRJ from TYS-ATL. The FA used the seat belt to strap in my carry on in the row behind me and we sat and chatted the whole short flight. That was really fun. He never even used his jump seat.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Yes, I was the only F pax on a CO flight from IAH-CMH in the late 90's. They had catered the flight full -- so the FA left me know that I could have as much as I wanted. Unfortunately, I had a huge buffet the night before and wasn't really hungry!
Old Apr 11, 2012, 2:57 pm

Programs: US GP (used to be *G, now,what)
I was the only guy in "C" on an SAS MD-87 CPH-FRA and had my own flight attendant. I felt kind of silly since they guy would come back and forth every now and then to ask about the Salmon meal and if I wanted more champagne. I did like the woodwork and window in the bathroom as well!

He even saw I was trying to take a picture, so he helped out...
Old Apr 11, 2012, 3:17 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Once. May, 2006 on an A-320 from ONT-LAS (can you believe they used to fly that?). The flight was actually miserable, the crew was not just lazy (refused to do any service in either cabin on the flight) but we got delayed and a 15 year old who'd never flown came up front to ask the FAs what she should do if she misconnected and they told her to sit down and then made fun of her in loud voices in the galley. One of my worst flights with US and it had the potential to be one of the best
Old Apr 15, 2012, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Many YEARS ago when US was Us Air, they had a flight SAN-PHX-PHL on a 727, I flew SAN-PHX, I was the only PAX in FC, I had two FA wait on me, and get this, a full hot breakfast was served on this flight, with baked on board Cinnimon Buns... Very nice flight. That was the only flight I have ever been on being the only one in FC.

Originally Posted by PaceLaw2012
This is really just a random thought thread, so mods feel free to close it if you feel its "unproductive", etc.

I just checked in for my FLL-CLT-LGA tomorrow, and when I checked the seatmap for F, it only showed 2 seats taken (including mine) on the FLL-CLT segment (#1734 on a 734). I know that this doesn't mean that there's only 2 people in the F cabin, and that FLL-CLT is hardly an elite-heavy route, but it got me thinking. Has anyone been the only person in F on a mainline flight? If so, was the service just as surly as regular flights in F? (j/k) .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.