US Airways checked bag receipt/hold time

Old Mar 31, 2012, 2:02 pm
Original Poster

Thumbs down US Airways checked bag receipt/hold time

I checked in online for a flight on US Air and chose the option to pay for checked bag now. I can't seem to find anywhere on their website to confirm that it's paid for or print a receipt.

So I called them, and as of right now have been on hold for 33 minutes!! If this is the norm for them, I will NOT be flying US Air in the future.

Can anyone tell me how to find a receipt for the checked bag on their website?

Thanks!
Old Mar 31, 2012, 7:38 pm

If you entered an email address in the reservation, the receipt would have arrived via email within a couple of minutes. Not that anyone I've heard of has actually NEEDED it. I've paid for bags for non-elite family members on many occasions and never had an issue.
Old Apr 1, 2012, 9:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LowlyDLsilver
If you entered an email address in the reservation, the receipt would have arrived via email within a couple of minutes. Not that anyone I've heard of has actually NEEDED it. I've paid for bags for non-elite family members on many occasions and never had an issue.
My email is in the reservation but I didn't get anything. I need a receipt so I can be reimbursed by my employer for the expense. After an hour on hold I finally got someone and she said she would "put in a request for it to be emailed" but I still haven't gotten one.
Old Apr 1, 2012, 11:05 am

Just for future reference:

Since there's no discount for paying on-line, no advantage. Since you have to interact with the kiosk to check bags anyway, swiping CC there produces a receipt printed by the kiosk (done that on occasion also).

Odd that you didn't get an email receipt though - I'd ask the agent when you hand over the bag if they can get you a receipt - maybe they can help.

Since my travel isn't business - my reference to needing one comes from the needing one in case the computer lost the payment record - Forgot that most people travel for work - sorry if I sounded snide
Old Apr 1, 2012, 12:35 pm

Programs: US (Silver, *A Silver), AA, Starbucks (Gold)
At one point (2008-9 IIRC), the pre-merger Continental system didn't actually charge your credit card for your bags at OLCI. It would store your card information and process the payment when your bags were tagged at the airport - and THAT's when you got a receipt.
Old Apr 1, 2012, 4:19 pm

Programs: WN A-List; Hyatt Glob: CC/HH Gold, Hertz 5*
One additional reason not to check-in online is that you can not print a receipt anymore. If you start the check-in process fresh at the airport there is an option to print the receipt at the end but this is not possible if you are already checked-in.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.