FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-consolidation-american-airlines-612/)
-   -   ARCHIVE: The 2012 LGA Club thread (merged threads) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-consolidation-american-airlines/1318232-archive-2012-lga-club-thread-merged-threads.html)

nekbet Feb 26, 2012 9:05 am

ARCHIVE: The 2012 LGA Club thread (merged threads)

Heard a rumor at LGA that DL is taking over the US Airways Club space... and that US is closing for 2 weeks in March, and will reopen in another space in the same terminal.

Any confirmation? I assume it has to do with the DL/US slot change.. but didn't expect DL to take over the US terminal.

Might be completely false, though :-) ?

regards,

Mike

kudzu Feb 26, 2012 9:35 am

Originally Posted by nekbet (Post 18084501)
...Any confirmation? ...

Yes, not sure of timing but it'd happen

Link

US Airways will remain the third-largest carrier at LaGuardia, with 65 daily weekday flights. It also plans to build a 3,500-square-foot US Airways Club there in the spring, despite the reduced service.

sts603 Feb 26, 2012 11:35 am

US will be taking some of the low numbered gates. My guess is DL wanted the larger space of the current club and is paying at least part of the construction costs of a new club. 3500 sq feet will definitely be smaller but considering the low utilization rate that Shuttle passengers have with the club, my guess is it will be sufficient for quick use by Shuttle passengers and PHL/CLT passengers.

phlwookie Mar 4, 2012 9:22 pm

Is the old LGA club still open? I have a flight out of there Monday evening, but I won't make an effort to get there any earlier than necessary if it's closed. Thanks all.

BoeingBoy Mar 5, 2012 5:44 am

Originally Posted by sts603 (Post 18085255)
US will be taking some of the low numbered gates

It's my understanding that US will keep what had become little but an Express concourse while DL will get what is currently the mainline concourse (originally the US Shuttle concourse) closer to DL's current terminal. I don't know who'll use the two gates in the main terminal (between concourses).

Jim

violist Mar 5, 2012 7:11 am

Originally Posted by phlwookie (Post 18135353)
Is the old LGA club still open? I have a flight out of there Monday evening, but I won't make an effort to get there any earlier than necessary if it's closed. Thanks all.

Open a few days ago. Why not call and ask? 718-397-6281.

ibrandsguest Mar 16, 2012 6:15 pm

US Club at LGA: Save the Staff!

I got the email today stating that the US Club at LGA is being converted into a Delta SkyClub, and a new Club at LGA will re-open later this year.

Please, US Airways, keep the WONDERFUL staff at the LGA Club, whatever happens to the Club itself. They are fantastic!

jdawg Mar 16, 2012 8:19 pm

Is US going to allow its members to continue to use the club until they finish up the construction of their own LGA club (similar to RDU)?

etsmyers Mar 16, 2012 8:23 pm

according to the email, we will have access to the delta club until the new US club opens later this year

bkafrick Mar 16, 2012 9:13 pm

Originally Posted by etsmyers (Post 18216077)
according to the email, we will have access to the delta club until the new US club opens later this year

Well... except for the 3 months when the delta club is closed for renovations...

Anyway, here's the email:

A new club at New York (LaGuardia)…coming soon

You’ll notice some changes at LaGuardia this spring. We're building a new club in Terminal C that will be open and ready for business in late 2012. And, Delta will be moving into our existing club space on March 25, 2012.

Here's what to expect during the transition:

On March 25, the US Airways Club will become a Delta Sky Club. As a club member, you'll be able to visit the Delta Sky Club until it closes for remodeling on April 8.
Between April 8 and July 10, the Delta Sky Club will be closed and there will be no club access.
When the Delta Sky Club reopens, you’ll be able to visit it until our new club is finished in late 2012.

We appreciate your patience and hope you enjoy all the improvements and upgrades to our clubs.

am1108 Mar 17, 2012 7:33 am

Originally Posted by NYCommuter (Post 18215552)
I got the email today stating that the US Club at LGA is being converted into a Delta SkyClub,

Is this a sign of things to come? :p

phlwookie Mar 17, 2012 7:54 am

This is part of the LGA/DCA slot swap. I wouldn't read more into it than that.

For the OP - the prior staff has been retained where other clubs have been renovated, moved, etc., the latest example being at RDU. I don't know what they did in the interim, but the CLT and GSO clubs have loaned staff to each other before, so that might be one way to handle it.

CPRich Mar 17, 2012 8:11 am

I can't help think how many clubs have been "closed for renovation" or "closed for relocation" or "temporarily closed" that simply disappeared forever.

geo1005 Mar 17, 2012 9:54 am

Originally Posted by CPRich (Post 18217914)
I can't help think how many clubs have been "closed for renovation" or "closed for relocation" or "temporarily closed" that simply disappeared forever.

Even with the downsize at LGA, I think US will keep a Club there.

coswellnc Mar 17, 2012 11:24 am

Originally Posted by CPRich (Post 18217914)

MCO for example...