Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: The 2012 LGA Club thread (merged threads)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2012, 8:22 pm

Programs: US/AA-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, AVIS-Presidents Club, National-Executive Elite
Originally Posted by Johnny Rocket
I Think it's very poor form on behalf of US and Delta should allow star gold members to use the lounge.
You're missing the point. This is not a US decision. The club is a Delta lounge now. If United or other *G clubs want access, they can negotiate directly with Delta.

Why would you blame US for being smart about this, and negotiating access for their own members?
Old Apr 1, 2012, 9:04 pm

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
reciprocity & US Airways Club lounges

Originally Posted by hginPHL
Well, as I see it, it is NOT a US Airways Club anymore. It is a DELTA SkyClub that just happens to be extending membership to US Airways Club members during the relocation due to the slot swap. So, I don't see this as US not following the reciprocity rules of the Star Alliance network at all - it's a DELTA club. They are not members of the Star Alliance.
For US Airways Club members who may be perplexed by this confusing post above, here are the rules for reciprocal access from the AP site:
US Airways Club members
Any US Airways Club member is entitled to Maple Leaf Lounge access when holding a valid membership card and a same-day confirmed ticket for travel on a departing Air Canada, Air Canada Jazz, Star Alliance or an Air Canada/US Airways codeshare flight. At no additional charge, the US Airways Club member may be accompanied by one guest who is also in possession of a same-day ticket on a qualifying, departing flight.
Old Apr 1, 2012, 9:22 pm

Programs: AA-Gold 0.425MM), AS MVP Gold, National EE, Marriott Titanium (LT-G), UA Silver
Originally Posted by bkafrick
There are two threads on this already. Scroll down a bit...
thanks captain O, but no one in those threads has actually been INSIDE the club since the changeover AFAIK, thus why I posted the thread.
Old Apr 2, 2012, 12:15 am

Originally Posted by PaceLaw2012
thanks captain O, but no one in those threads has actually been INSIDE the club since the changeover AFAIK, thus why I posted the thread.
You may wish to re-read page three of this thread. There is a description of the food offerings (DL standard), wine selection (not DL standard), literature (DL-branded) and agents available for assistance (both US and DL). This seems to have answered your question about the snack offerings. What other information were you looking for?
Old Apr 2, 2012, 11:02 am

Programs: AA-Gold 0.425MM), AS MVP Gold, National EE, Marriott Titanium (LT-G), UA Silver
Originally Posted by cedric
You may wish to re-read page three of this thread. There is a description of the food offerings (DL standard), wine selection (not DL standard), literature (DL-branded) and agents available for assistance (both US and DL). This seems to have answered your question about the snack offerings. What other information were you looking for?
I didn't re-read page 3 of this thread b/c my original post/thread was before the mods merged it.

Anyways, my questions have been answered. thanks.
Old Apr 2, 2012, 2:31 pm

Programs: US CP/AA EXP, HHonors Diamond, Marriott PLT, National Exec Elite, Avis 1st
Originally Posted by Antonio8069
For US Airways Club members who may be perplexed by this confusing post above, here are the rules for reciprocal access from the AP site:
US Airways Club members
Any US Airways Club member is entitled to Maple Leaf Lounge access when holding a valid membership card and a same-day confirmed ticket for travel on a departing Air Canada, Air Canada Jazz, Star Alliance or an Air Canada/US Airways codeshare flight. At no additional charge, the US Airways Club member may be accompanied by one guest who is also in possession of a same-day ticket on a qualifying, departing flight.
What is so confusing about what I wrote? PLAIN AND SIMPLE - it is NOT a US AIRWAYS CLUB anymore. It is a DELTA club. Have issues with not being able to get in? Take it up with DELTA, not US. Simple.

US tries to do something nice and this is what happens. Ugh.

Last edited by hginPHL; Apr 2, 2012 at 2:33 pm Reason: correction
Old Apr 2, 2012, 3:18 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by PaceLaw2012
MSPEconomist gave an apt description and she was at the club on March 25th, post changeover. I can confirm, because I was with her
Old Apr 2, 2012, 4:54 pm

Programs: AA-EXP 2MM, Marriott-PP/LT P, Avis-PC
I am in the club right now... Delta has way better snacks than US!
Old Apr 4, 2012, 7:27 pm

Programs: Delta Dirt (fmr Plat), US Airways CP, Continental Silver, Marriott (almost LT) Plat, Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by Ambassador
Yup. And the drinks are much free-er, and the beer is less Bud Light-er. Having spent years flying on Delta (and an Amex Platinum holder) I can say that the DL clubs tend to be nicer, on the whole. Save for the small clubs in ATL which are awful on so many levels.

Be aware that construction in ongoing at LGA outside of the club. It's kinda messy with waiting area seats randomly strewn about. So the lounge is a nice place to wait.

Oh, and the Shuttle gates moved. I can only imagine how many people walked 75% of the way to the old gates before realizing their mistake and backtracking. Oops.
Old Apr 4, 2012, 8:01 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by DigAdGuy
Yup. And the drinks are much free-er, and the beer is less Bud Light-er. Having spent years flying on Delta (and an Amex Platinum holder) I can say that the DL clubs tend to be nicer, on the whole. Save for the small clubs in ATL which are awful on so many levels.

Be aware that construction in ongoing at LGA outside of the club. It's kinda messy with waiting area seats randomly strewn about. So the lounge is a nice place to wait.

Oh, and the Shuttle gates moved. I can only imagine how many people walked 75% of the way to the old gates before realizing their mistake and backtracking. Oops.
I have memories of the LGA Club. Was invited in one time by a guest. I remember it being quite small though but not busy at the time.

Considering USAirways scaling back operations, it only makes sense for it to scale down as well.
Old Apr 5, 2012, 12:15 pm

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Ambassador
Alittle off topic, but when is USAir going to update their LGA terminal map on their website?
Old Apr 6, 2012, 5:17 am

Programs: AA EXP, Amex Plat
Can I use a Club day pass to get into the US/DL LGA club?

I have a day pass from my US credit card. I know the Amex plat won't get me in the club while DL is operating it (since I'll be on a US flight), but will the day pass get me in?
Old Apr 6, 2012, 8:22 am

Programs: US (Silver, *A Silver), AA, Starbucks (Gold)
Originally Posted by tacostuff
I have a day pass from my US credit card. I know the Amex plat won't get me in the club while DL is operating it (since I'll be on a US flight), but will the day pass get me in?
My guess would be no...

Unlike annual club members who get physical cards, day passes are simply notations on your DM account in the US computer system (which DL wouldn't have access to). That said, the SkyClub may have arrangements in place while they're accepting US Club members so it wouldn't hurt to ask.
Old May 2, 2012, 12:19 pm

Hi - With the old US LGA club now closed, we know that once DL finishes renovating it in July, they will allow US club members into that Sky Club until the new US club is completed in late 2012.

What I'm wondering is, between now and July, will DL allow US club members into the existing Sky Club that is over in D? I believe DL is operating an airside shuttle bus between C & D, so if I have a long wait in C for my US flight, I'd like to be able to take the shuttle over to D and use the Sky Club there.
Old Jun 11, 2012, 10:50 am
Original Poster

Has anyone with a RCC Membership used the DL club in LGA since the US Club closed? Or are they only allowing US club (and not the reciprocal folks)?

When I renewed, one primary reason I did so was to use the LGA US Club (with my RCC Membership), then it up and closes...

thanks,

MIke

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.