Wiki Posts
Search

Dividend Miles for US flight on a UA ticket

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2012, 6:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, US, WN, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat
Dividend Miles for US flight on a UA ticket

I booked my wife a ticket PHL - JAX on UA but the flight is operated by US (there was a price difference). It looks like she can earn Dividend Miles but I am not sure how to get her number on the ticket, according to UA she can tell them when she checks in for the flight. Does she just show her Dividend Miles # if she curb checks her bag or can it be done online if I print her boarding pass?
Old Feb 17, 2012, 7:00 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond
In the recent past, I was able to add passenger info on the united site by using the united PNR.
Old Feb 17, 2012, 8:09 am

Programs: US-G/*G, SPG-G, MR-G, Avis-F
Do OLCI. You can add your DM#. The link is very tiny and hard to find (on purpose?), but you can change/add a FF#. If you forget, when you get to the gate, ask the GA to fix it. You should see the US# on your BP. It starts with USxxxxxxx.
Old Feb 18, 2012, 9:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, US, WN, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat
Thanks for the help.
Old Feb 18, 2012, 9:39 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Originally Posted by apeortdz
In the recent past, I was able to add passenger info on the united site by using the united PNR.
Could you please spell this out for me, since recently I have stumbled across several US flights being sold more cheaply by UA. My dim recollection from the past is that when booking on UA I was able (at the time of booking ?) to enter US DM# -- and here it is getting even more dim -- and somehow get a US PNR, or for it to show up on my US page. Or am I just dreaming ? The point is (or was), to use US status to get a preferred seat, which would be hit-or-miss in waiting 'til OLCI.
Old Feb 18, 2012, 9:56 am

Programs: AA Gold, WN A-, UA S, HH ♦, IHG Spire, Hertz Prez O, TSA Disparager
If the concern is having your DM# on a UA flight ahead of time here's my method.

Find the CO confirmation number for your UA operated flight. Go to the CO website and enter the info. Click "change flight" and add your DM number.
Old Feb 18, 2012, 7:52 pm

Programs: None
This may be one of the CO/UA transition temporary problems - I thought that I'd read in the past that UA's site allowed entry of a (second if needed) non-UA FF#, like a DM#. But since the combined UA/CO is going with the CO res system (as I understand it) that feature may have been lost.

Supposedly you have two PNR's - a UA PNR in UA's system (or maybe CO's system now) and a US PNR in US' system. A call to UA should get you the US PNR and you can search for your itinerary on the US site by that US PNR, which should then allow you to put in your DM#.

Jim

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.