Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Club promotion 2/14-17 (5,000pqm)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2012, 7:33 pm

Programs: Too many to list. Status is a half dozen.
Originally Posted by Superguy
I might have jumped on it if the 5k PQMs counted toward my challenge.
But but but...5K PQM's might be the difference between qualifying and not qualifying for GP/PP/CP through 2013! Or get you closer to the next Special Dividend that much faster!
Old Feb 14, 2012, 8:14 pm

Programs: US-G/*G, SPG-G, MR-G, Avis-F
Originally Posted by Biggie Fries
The good news is that there are several *A lounges in BRU.

The bad news is that they are right -- you really need some card (including US Gold) to get into one of these places. But mightn't a receipt for a US Club card help ? I did talk my way into an LH *A lounge in CDG with an expired US Platinum card (which also did the trick in KRK, which was a piece of cake by comparison [and, for the record, I was still *A G, but I was traveling before my new card had shown up ...])
Ask Club services to email you a receipt. That and your *G card "should" get you in. It's worked for me before, between renewal and new card receipt.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 9:31 pm

Programs: Former long-time US GP; now AA dirt
Originally Posted by ArizonaGuy
But but but...5K PQM's might be the difference between qualifying and not qualifying for GP/PP/CP through 2013! Or get you closer to the next Special Dividend that much faster!
Yes, but 5K PQM can just as easily be meaningless for ones qualifying of a status level. Kind of hard to justify dropping $325-$375 for 5K PQM, unless you have plans to use the US lounges regularly.

Plus, US seems to offer similar promos throughout the year. So if some really needs those extra PQM's, they'll likely have another chance later in the year. (Although the promo could include, say, 3K PQM's instead of 5K PQM's.)
Old Feb 15, 2012, 6:19 am
Suspended

Does anyone think I could get those 5000 pqms applied to 2011 miles? If so this could be a no brainer for me.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 6:21 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by masonuc
Does anyone think I could get those 5000 pqms applied to 2011 miles? If so this could be a no brainer for me.
I seriously doubt it.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 6:55 am

Originally Posted by FlyNhighAgain
Ask Club services to email you a receipt. That and your *G card "should" get you in. It's worked for me before, between renewal and new card receipt.
Sorry for the "club ignorance" here, but I never gave the clubs much notice until I received this promo. Does US Club membership get you in to LH clubs in FRA? Or does US have a Club in FRA? Same question for MUC. I looked on the website but it seems unorganized...thanks
Old Feb 15, 2012, 7:00 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by cdepks
Sorry for the "club ignorance" here, but I never gave the clubs much notice until I received this promo. Does US Club membership get you in to LH clubs in FRA? Or does US have a Club in FRA? Same question for MUC. I looked on the website but it seems unorganized...thanks
US club membership alone does not get you into LH clubs in FRA. If you are travelling Envoy or have *G status, that is a different story.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 7:38 am

Programs: AA-Gold 0.425MM), AS MVP Gold, National EE, Marriott Titanium (LT-G), UA Silver
Originally Posted by apeortdz
US club membership alone does not get you into LH clubs in FRA. If you are travelling Envoy or have *G status, that is a different story.
Incorrect. *G or J/F seats are not required. Paid US Club memberships + *A boarding pass DO get you into LH lounges in FRA.

As per the Star Alliance Website: http://www.staralliance.com/en/benef...access-policy/

"Paid Lounge Membership Customers: Eligible Paid Lounge Membership Customers have access to any Star Alliance member carriers' owned Business Class lounges.

-Eligible Paid Lounge Membership Customers include: United Airlines Red Carpet Club and United Club, US Airways Club, Air Canada Maple Leaf Club Worldwide, and Continental Airlines Presidents Club.
-Customer must present a valid eligible paid lounge membership card which displays the Star Alliance Lounge Logo
-Customer must also present a boarding pass for travel on a Star Alliance flight departing from the local airport
-Customer is entitled to one guest"

Whether the LH lounge dragon will give you flak for trying is a totally different story.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
According to Star Alliance webpage it should though. It'll depend on the lounge though.

I've seen LH have both Senator and Business lounges. It shouldn't get you into the Senator lounge but should get you into the business lounge. You will have to have a *A BP.

I'd take a print out of the *A lounge policy as there are some airlines that don't follow the rules.

Take a look at where UA's membership will get you in throughout *A. US's should be very similiar. You'll see that there are some lounges *G can get in that a membership won't. However, there aren't that many.

http://www.united.com/page/article/0,,3113,00.html

Last edited by Superguy; Feb 15, 2012 at 9:15 am
Old Feb 15, 2012, 9:01 am

Programs: US (Silver, *A Silver), AA, Starbucks (Gold)
It definitely does. Having a US Airways Club card is essentially *A Gold for lounge purposes, in addition to getting you into any US, Red Carpet or President's Club Stateside and all Maple Leaf Lounges in Canada. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the the card has the *A Gold symbol on it - I think a few (non US) airlines may give even you priority check in and boarding with it.

LH lounges (apart from First Class lounges and the FCT in Frankfurt) are definitely fair game if you're on an international itinerary. What I'm not sure about is if you could access an LH Senator lounge in the United States with a US Club card if you're traveling domestically on US or United.

Last edited by thomwithanh; Feb 15, 2012 at 9:10 am
Old Feb 15, 2012, 9:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by thomwithanh
It definitely does. Having a US Airways Club card is essentially *A Gold for lounge purposes, in addition to getting you into any US, Red Carpet or President's Club Stateside and all Maple Leaf Lounges in Canada. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the the card has the *A Gold symbol on it - I think a few (non US) airlines may give even you priority check in and boarding with it.
Lounge cars (UC, USC, MLC) have *Lounge on it. Looks very similar to *G but not the same thing

LH lounges (apart from First Class lounges and the FCT in Frankfurt) are definitely fair game if you're on an international itinerary. What I'm not sure about is if you could access an LH Senator lounge in the United States with a US Club card if you're traveling domestically on US or United.
I know you can't get into Senator with a UC/RCC membership, so not getting into it with US wouldn't surprise me either.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 9:43 am

Programs: US (Silver, *A Silver), AA, Starbucks (Gold)
Originally Posted by Superguy
I know you can't get into Senator with a UC/RCC membership, so not getting into it with US wouldn't surprise me either.
So Senator Lounges are only if you're *Gold and on an international ticket then?
Old Feb 15, 2012, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So Senator Lounges are only if you're *Gold and on an international ticket then?
According to the UA page I linked, yes. Business lounges are fine with UC, which should translate to US as well.

US may have inked another deal with LH, but I haven't found that info. Given how tight UA is with LH, my guess is that US didn't get a better deal than UA did.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 9:49 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
It depends. In DTW, for example, the LH lounge serves as the *A lounge for domestic US (and UA/CO) travel. It's a long hike from the US gates, but in the same terminal, and worth it. I discovered all this by asking at the US counter at DTW as to whether I would have to go to another terminal to find a UA club.... I was told I culd use the LH club in the same terminal. It was true.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 11:41 am

Originally Posted by Biggie Fries
It depends. In DTW, for example, the LH lounge serves as the *A lounge for domestic US (and UA/CO) travel. It's a long hike from the US gates, but in the same terminal, and worth it. I discovered all this by asking at the US counter at DTW as to whether I would have to go to another terminal to find a UA club.... I was told I culd use the LH club in the same terminal. It was true.
Thanks...but the whole question appears to be irrelevant now. I just purchased a US Club membership on their promo, but my card will not arrive for 4-6 weeks (my trip is in 2 weeks) ...US says to show Dividend Miles card to get in US clubs in the meantime, but I'm sure LH and TK will laugh me out the door!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.