Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MasterCard Anniversary Bonus Miles Not Posting

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2012, 7:46 pm
Original Poster

MasterCard Anniversary Bonus Miles Not Posting

I have the US Airways MasterCard version of the card that offers the 10,000 bonus miles upon every anniversary.

Was wondering if anyone else was on this offer and had experiences with the the anniversary miles posting?

My annual fee was charged in late December 2011 and two statements have since closed without the 10,000 miles posting. Anyone have similar/different experiences? I've decided I'll wait for another statement or two to close just to see what happens.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 1:49 pm

My annual fee was also charged in December and the 10,000 miles posted today to my DM account. Hopefully, yours will post soon.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Mine was charged 1/31. Does it really take two months to post? Still nothing in my account. I was charged $79...that's the card that gets the 10k annual bonus, right? It's Premier World MC.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 6:54 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Silver
There was also a thread about this a few weeks ago: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-ai...les-offer.html

I also didn't see my 10k bonus miles post, so I called their 1-800 number. The person I spoke with said she'd <something something something> about it, and at some point within the next week I saw 10k miles post to my account with my normal monthly miles from purchases:

US WORLD CARD: EVERYDAY 50% BONUS 10,000

I'm not sure if that was for the anniversary or something else, but since I couldn't figure out what the something else might be, I chalked it up to the anniversary posting from having called them.

Ottermatic
Old Mar 29, 2012, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I read through that thread, but no one seems to comment if they are getting the miles without showing documentation that their account was eligible for it. I did not keep the paperwork when I signed up years ago because, well, why should I. If that is part of the program, it should be happening automatically. I will cancel if they don't give them to me. Dont use the card much anyway now with Chase Saphhire.
Old May 10, 2012, 5:31 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Diamond; AA: Exec Plat
My anniversary miles just posted without having to show documentation (or call in to CS)... I've actually had the card for about 14 months so it's a little late showing up. World Mastercard version.

US WORLD CARD: EVERYDAY 50% BONUS
Old Jul 7, 2012, 4:20 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott/SPG Gold, IHG Platinum,
Here are my data points:
1) Applied for the US Airways Card in July 2011 at this link
2) I was approved for the US Airways Dividend Miles Premier World MasterCard
3) I received the 40,000 miles after first purchase
4) Fast forward to 07-05-2012, I called customer service to verify my pending anniversary bonus and spent a pretty frustrating 15-minutes with a CSR rep who kept insisting that my account "was not noted for any anniversary bonus"
5) Important to note that I remained calm and polite the entire time, and started the call by letting the CSR know much I enjoyed working with Barclays and having this card and all the great benefits. I also verbally provided the original link that I used to apply for the card.
6) The called ended with me thanking her for her time and no luck with the bonus (I had pretty much decided to cancel the card).
7) Today on July 7, 2012 (my statement closing date), I logged into my US Airways account and noticed the following entry: US WORLD CARD: EVERYDAY 50% BONUS (with a credit for 10,000 miles) - and no I have not paid the annual fee yet
8) Another interesting data point is that during the call the CSR also offered to give me 2500 miles if I made five purchases of at least $50 or more in the next 90-days. I politely declined her generous offer.
Old Jul 9, 2012, 5:06 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, CC Gold, IHG Gold, UA Silver
Another data point: today I saw 10k bonus miles posted to my account. My annual fee is due this month, though not charged as yet. I am planning to call and see if they can give any retention bonus. Btw, would canceling the call now mean I would loose 10k bonus as well?? TIA.
Old Aug 8, 2012, 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by vinay2543
Another data point: today I saw 10k bonus miles posted to my account. My annual fee is due this month, though not charged as yet. I am planning to call and see if they can give any retention bonus. Btw, would canceling the call now mean I would loose 10k bonus as well?? TIA.
I'm in the same predicament. So did the clawback the 10k miles after you cancelled because you didn't want to pay the annual fee?
Old Aug 10, 2012, 6:20 pm

Originally Posted by scuzzynutty
I'm in the same predicament. So did the clawback the 10k miles after you cancelled because you didn't want to pay the annual fee?
Somehow I didn't know about the 10k or forgot about it. I cancelled my card and just noticed the 10k posted. I'm wondering if I should call back and re-open it.
Old Aug 26, 2012, 1:17 pm

Programs: Delta, AA, Hilton, Priority Club, USAir, American Express Membership Rewards, Ultimate Rew, United
I cancelled my card a few months ago and did not get the 10000 mile anniversary bonus. My husband's card is up for renewal. His miles just posted this weekend but the annual fee has not posted. We will probably cancel or call to negotiate the annual fee-- it is a card that we do not use. Curious to see folks experience with miles that already posted.
Old Aug 26, 2012, 9:33 pm

Programs: all
Mine and my wifes's posted about 30-45 days after annual date
Old Aug 26, 2012, 11:16 pm

Mine posted a month before my annual fee. I believe that if you didn't get the world Mastercard version you will not get the 10,000 anniversary bonus.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 1:27 pm

Programs: AA
Got the bonus one month prior to renewal which I was debating.... With the card annual cost somewhere around $90, it seems a worthwhile hit for 10K miles, which under the purchase miles "specials" of a year or so ago would have been about 50% more than than (and the price on [targeted only] purchase miles sales is now more). Works for me.

Last edited by Winston3-4; Aug 27, 2012 at 1:30 pm Reason: clarity
Old Aug 28, 2012, 2:03 pm

Programs: US Airways CP, UA 1K, DL Plat, Marriott Gold, SPG Plat
Are all DM MC eligible for the bonus or was it a special when you signed up?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.