Community
Wiki Posts
Search

50% off when buying (max. 50k) miles Jan 15 - Jan 31 (TARGETED)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2012, 5:58 am

Programs: DL PM, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by flyer31
tommorow is the end of this deal, if anyone is interested....
I just noticed that when I log into my Dividend Miles account, it states "miles are half the price now through February 29, 2012"

Off topic, but I'm curious... does US Airways ever offer 100% bonuses on sharing miles?
Old Jan 31, 2012, 6:06 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by FederalFlyer
I just noticed that when I log into my Dividend Miles account, it states "miles are half the price now through February 29, 2012"

Off topic, but I'm curious... does US Airways ever offer 100% bonuses on sharing miles?
They did in May2010 but I haven't remembered seeing it recently.
Old Jan 31, 2012, 9:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by apeortdz
They did in May2010 but I haven't remembered seeing it recently.
Yes, that was the last 100% bonus promo. After that, there was 75% in April / May 2011 and 50% in July 2011.
Old Jan 31, 2012, 9:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by FederalFlyer
Yes, but only for US credit card holders: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-ai...d-holders.html
Old Jan 31, 2012, 10:57 am

Programs: Too many to list. Status is a half dozen.
Can't wait to see if they rework these sales during the year. At sale rate of 1.75cpm plus tax they've really made this unattractive to most people. Decent value but not stellar.

Perhaps after the February promo is over we can hope for something better because they certainly can't be pulling in the revenue they used to on these. Then again, maybe they don't need it as much anymore.
Old Jan 31, 2012, 9:50 pm

finally bought 17000 miles for self and 50000 in wife`s account
Old Feb 1, 2012, 7:39 am

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by ArizonaGuy
Can't wait to see if they rework these sales during the year. At sale rate of 1.75cpm plus tax they've really made this unattractive to most people. Decent value but not stellar.

Perhaps after the February promo is over we can hope for something better because they certainly can't be pulling in the revenue they used to on these. Then again, maybe they don't need it as much anymore.
You are forgetting that when people use the miles they have to pay the operating carrier xxxx amount per mile. Thus revenue coming in has to be reconciled with cost of use going out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.