First Round of New DCA Service Loaded

Old Dec 31, 11, 11:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
First Round of New DCA Service Loaded

Didn't see this posted yet. US has loaded the first round of new DCA service today. Also announced is new service from PHL and CLT. Here are the new cities and frequencies:

DCA:
BDL 1x E70
BGR 2x CRJ
BHM 3X CRJ
FAY 1X CRJ
IND 1X E70
ISP 2x CRJ
LIT 2x E70
MEM 3x CRJ
OAJ 1x CRJ
OMA 1x E70
PNS 2x CRJ
SAV 1x CRJ
TLH 1x CRJ
VPS 1x CRJ

CLT-DSM 2x CRJ
CLT-OMA 2x CR7
PHL-SLC 1x 320 (Starts 5/24)
Old Dec 31, 11, 11:55 am

Programs: US-CP, UA, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Avis,
Wow, just what we needed, a ton more CRJ flights from gate 35A

Happy to see service to Memphis and Little Rock though!
Old Jan 1, 12, 3:06 am

Location: The views I express here are not necessarily supported by any airline or codeshare partners, nor do I represent their views and/or opinions. They are my own OPINIONS dont like them dont read them.....
Originally Posted by GotCalcio4 View Post
Didn't see this posted yet. US has loaded the first round of new DCA service today. Also announced is new service from PHL and CLT. Here are the new cities and frequencies:

DCA:
BDL 1x E70
BGR 2x CRJ
BHM 3X CRJ
FAY 1X CRJ
IND 1X E70
ISP 2x CRJ
LIT 2x E70
MEM 3x CRJ
OAJ 1x CRJ
OMA 1x E70
PNS 2x CRJ
SAV 1x CRJ
TLH 1x CRJ
VPS 1x CRJ

CLT-DSM 2x CRJ
CLT-OMA 2x CR7
PHL-SLC 1x 320 (Starts 5/24)
I assume that the BDL/IND/SAV service is in addition to the flights we already have?
Old Jan 1, 12, 7:23 am

Programs: US CP, DL nothing
Surprised ILM-DCA didn't go daily with this revision.
Old Jan 1, 12, 10:39 am

Programs: Delta/Silver, AC, US/Silver, Hilton/Silver
How's DCA for connecting? I imagine better than PHL?
Old Jan 1, 12, 3:23 pm

Programs: UA Silver
Originally Posted by Riccioli View Post
How's DCA for connecting? I imagine better than PHL?
You really have to ask?

DCA, IMHO, is one of the few places where a 30 minute connection is actually reasonable.
Old Jan 1, 12, 4:10 pm
ffI

Programs: AA 2MM, US CP, DL PM, UA 1k <=> HH DM, SPG/ClubC/Marr G, Hyatt/IHG Plat, FT RA ( Recovering Addict)
Originally Posted by redheadtempe33 View Post
You really have to ask?
DCA, IMHO, is one of the few places where a 30 minute connection is actually reasonable.
But, only if the plane can get to a gate to park. I have had some long waits at times.
Old Jan 1, 12, 5:53 pm

Programs: US Airways Chairmans Preferred
Any idea when the next round of new service will post for DCA? Any idea when the service for most of the express service out of LGA will be ending?
Old Jan 1, 12, 6:32 pm

Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Gold (DL steals SWUs!)
Well, be careful with that assumption. DCA can be a disaster if you hit it wrong. Imagine you arrive slightly delayed on a CRJ from PIT (no gate for you), the apron is busy so you wait for a bus, finally, after everybody gets off the airplane, baggage jockeys unload carry-ons in the belly, passengers claim their yellow tagged carryons at plane-side, and then stuff their luggage in the overflowing bus luggage rack and then, finally, the bus finally lumbers back to 35A with bags flying everywhere--standing room only.

Then once you get to refugee encampment 35A, you find out your connecting flight is at gate 24 which is in the OTHER pier. Well, if you dont know that there is a bus to the OTHER PIER you will exit security, have to go back through security again at the OTHER PIER. If you are able to find the bus, it sits there for 5 minutes, provided the driver is even there or cares, finally takes you over to the other PIER.

Same Pier, no problem it is a dream. But DCA is getting congested and all of the new flights into 35A with Gate Agents who struggle to scream intelligible English at passengers while they board 5 flights at once, (from the same door) 3 of which are delayed (HPN is always one of the delayed flights), can screw up your day.

Originally Posted by redheadtempe33 View Post
You really have to ask?

Last edited by NeoOfTheCRS; Jan 1, 12 at 7:15 pm Reason: for clarity
Old Jan 2, 12, 10:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by cwe84 View Post
I assume that the BDL/IND/SAV service is in addition to the flights we already have?
Correct. These are additional frequencies.
Old Jan 2, 12, 11:26 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum Premier, UA Mileage Plus Silver Elite, United Club, HyattGold, Enterprise Silver
is it DCA-VPS or Valparaiso? Another website indicates Valparaiso, not sure if they are talking IN or what. Its a far fetch for Indiana, but ya never know. Someone in Washington prolly said you'll fly to my district and i'll apprve the swap.
Old Jan 2, 12, 1:22 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Priority Club Gold, Choice Privileges Gold
Originally Posted by CALMSP View Post
is it DCA-VPS or Valparaiso? Another website indicates Valparaiso, not sure if they are talking IN or what. Its a far fetch for Indiana, but ya never know. Someone in Washington prolly said you'll fly to my district and i'll apprve the swap.
It is DCA-VPS (Fort Walton Beach). It might be called Valparaiso by some people because the airport is officially in Valparaiso, FL.
Old Jan 3, 12, 8:44 am

Programs: AA EXP
Unfortunate to see so many CRJ routes added, but we've got to keep in mind that US doesn't have a whole lot of extra mainline aircraft/larger RJ's lying around. Most of the routes cut from LGA were CRJ or Dash-8's, so it's not surprising to see CRJ routes added from DCA.
Old Jan 3, 12, 11:48 am

Programs: US-CP, UA, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Avis,
I just hope there's a long-term plan to accomodate gate space for all these new RJ/Dash flights. 35A is a hot mess on a good day; they don't need an extra 60 passengers standing around at any given time.
Old Jan 3, 12, 12:58 pm

Programs: AA/US - Platinum; 1W Sapphire; HHonors - Silver; UA dirt
This had come up before, but there was talk that US/CO/UA might take the middle pier of the north terminal and have AA move to some of the DL/CO gates down on the south pier.

Search this Thread