Lifetime status with 1 million miles?

Old Nov 2, 2011, 10:52 pm

Programs: US2, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by gmack1134
I was wondering what we do with our silvers to give out, is there a legit way to sell or trade it when we get it. I gave my trial silver to one of my best friends but am coming close to my special dividends full silver membership.

Where is this coupon connection? I dont see it, i searched on google and found minimal information about it.
You will not have access to coupon connection until you have been a member for 180 days and/or have 180 posts. I'd be cautious about selling/bartering it - I'd imagine the T&C's expressly forbid it and if proven, could result in your account being closed. Not saying it will happen, but you should be careful.
Old Nov 2, 2011, 11:15 pm

ok, thank you for the info. Too many rules to read sometimes so I am glad others are willing to point out
Old Nov 2, 2011, 11:36 pm

Programs: US CP, MR Plat, SPG Plat, HHonors Gold, National X
Originally Posted by gmack1134:17381861

I was wondering what we do with our silvers to give out, is there a legit way to sell or trade it when we get it. I gave my trial silver to one of my best friends but am coming close to my special dividends full silver membership.
I hate to bring the bad news, but your FULL silver membership will be good until Feb 2012..
Old Nov 3, 2011, 12:14 am

Programs: US2, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Nikolaos
I hate to bring the bad news, but your FULL silver membership will be good until Feb 2012..
Are you sure about that? The FAQs seem to indicate otherwise:

If I earn a Special Dividend, how long do I have to use it?
Most Special Dividends are good from the day you earn them until the end of the following February. So, if you earn the 'Nominate a Trial Silver Preferred member' benefit on November 15, 2011, you have until February 29, 2012 to make the nomination.
Found here: http://www.usairways.com/en-US/FAQs/...idends.html#14

I take that to mean you have until February 29 (!) 2012 to make the nomination, but that the nomination (in the OP's case for full silver status) is good until February 28, 2013. Obviously, the trial status is only valid for 90 days, but depending on your plans is far more valuable than the full silver status.
Old Nov 3, 2011, 6:32 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Nikolaos
Wrong

If you make someone Silver AFTER October 1st, it is valid until Feb 2013.

If you did it BEFORE Oct 1st then yes it is only valid until Feb 2012.

I know this first hand and waited until after Oct 1 to give Silver to a few people and their accounts all say valid until Feb 2013.
Old Nov 3, 2011, 10:09 am

Programs: Qantas Platinum, SQ Krisflyer PPS, UA 1p, Marriot Lifetime Platinum, American EXP
Originally Posted by matthans
How do you find out how many "qualifying" or "super qualifying" or whatever you want to call them miles on US?
Years ago they sent you a letter informing you that you reached this milestone. Back then there was no "Official" MM benefit. After that unless you did not reach the silver level you would not have known. If seems that they were secretly granting Silver status to MM fliers before the announcement of the official program.
Old Nov 4, 2011, 1:18 pm

Programs: US CP and 1MM; HILTON DIAMOND; MARRIOTT PLAT
Originally Posted by intheairagain
Million mile flyers
When you fly one million miles with US, we'll upgrade you to Silver Preferred for as long as you remain an active Dividend Miles member.*** To keep your account active, just earn or redeem miles with US Airways or our partners within a consecutive 3-year period.
Does anyone know how this works or has anyone on here received this benefit?

1. It seems to me from the amount of lifetime miles I have been told I have, they are only counting US BIS miles with no minimum segments etc. as others have stated here.

2. Do we know if say someone with this benefit gets 25K PMs, do they get gold? etc.

3. When was this started? (very recently)?
Old Nov 4, 2011, 1:36 pm

Programs: None
Originally Posted by matthans
1. It seems to me from the amount of lifetime miles I have been told I have, they are only counting US BIS miles with no minimum segments etc. as others have stated here.
That seems to be the case. BIS on US/USX only.

3. When was this started? (very recently)?
Within the last few months. There's a thread here somewhere that was started when the special dividends program was announced.

2. Do we know if say someone with this benefit gets 25K PMs, do they get gold? etc.
I would be very surprised if that is the case but don't know that for a fact.

Jim

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.