Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Elite boarding lane testing

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2012, 9:00 am

Programs: BA Gold, American Airlines, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by Biggie Fries
Talk about a picture being worth a thousand words .... This one says it all.
Some of the thousand words should have been spoken by the GA as they politely asked these passengers to clear the area as boarding was soon to commence. The folk with the wheelchair were likely dropped off there by an airport employee for a legit pre-board. After that...
Old Apr 4, 2012, 9:30 am

Programs: US (Silver, *A Silver), AA, Starbucks (Gold)
Originally Posted by Biggie Fries
Got it. The weirdness is just something I'd posted about a while back -- that you have two systems (status and zone number) shakily superimposed on each other. Zones 3, 4, and 5 still have meaning. Zones 1 and 2 are ambiguous, since there are Zone 1s who board first/first (Envoys), then Zone 2s (Silvers) who board with other Zone 1s, and so on. Lots of folks still would / will imagine that 1 means 1, 2 means 2, and so on.

But maybe it's just me who is confused.
Zone 1 and 2 does and will still have bearing at airports that will not be getting the dual boarding lanes (i.e. US Express and smaller mainline outstations.) That said, I don't understand why US is opposed to putting Preferred Access in at places such as BGM. Delta/ Pinnacle flies 4x daily to Detroit and their gate has a SkyPriority lane along with a general boarding side. I know BGM probably doesn't see a lot of elites but it is a really nice touch, especially if I'm running late.

As an aside: US could do a better job with the express outstations in general. I've never been able to get my bags priority tagged at BGM. I know as a silver I'm not entitled to it, but when my upgrade clears on the PHL-BOS segment, I should get them. Last time I politely asked the TA about it, and her respone was that the airport didn't have any of the orange tags, only the yellow tags for Delta (BGM is small enough that the TA's work for US, Delta, and United.) Guess BGM-PHL must not be an elite heavy route, because she actually went on to say that I was only one of two people to come through on a semi-regular basis where the computer prompts her to priority tag the bags.

Last edited by thomwithanh; Apr 4, 2012 at 9:43 am
Old Apr 6, 2012, 9:08 pm

Programs: DL Gold, AA EXP, SPG Plat, Hilton Dia, Hyatt Glob, CC Gold, Avis President's Club
Went through DCA this afternoon and the PreferredAccess lanes are up in terminal C.

Interesting to see the shuttle gates (41 - 44) have the stanchions & poles up, however no signage. I'm curious how they will implement the boarding lanes as they board the shuttles by rows and don't pre-board elites (other than those sitting in FC).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.