Community
Wiki Posts
Search

US Airways Mastercard - 50,000 bonus points (40,000 easy)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2011, 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by keirnna
You normally get the miles the day your statement closes.
Thanks for the reply! That's reassuring. My statement closes on the 17th of this month and I was told that the miles would post only on the 17th of next month.
Old Oct 5, 2011, 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by neme5i5
Thanks for the reply! That's reassuring. My statement closes on the 17th of this month and I was told that the miles would post only on the 17th of next month.
Yes, they say 2-4 weeks, but that is normally not the case.
Old Oct 5, 2011, 9:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
I applied last night and was instantly approved. ^ The interest rate was horrible though - 25%!

I called and complained about that, considering my Chase and PNC cards all are about 10% lower, plus I have a really good credit score. They stated I needed to build a payment history of 6-9 months before it could be lowered.

Oh well, this just means it'll be a low use card. If I have to carry a balance for some reason, it WON'T be on this card.

That also puts BT's out, unless by some miracle they have a introductory rate that I missed.
Old Oct 5, 2011, 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by Superguy
I applied last night and was instantly approved. ^ The interest rate was horrible though - 25%!

I called and complained about that, considering my Chase and PNC cards all are about 10% lower, plus I have a really good credit score. They stated I needed to build a payment history of 6-9 months before it could be lowered.

Oh well, this just means it'll be a low use card. If I have to carry a balance for some reason, it WON'T be on this card.

That also puts BT's out, unless by some miracle they have a introductory rate that I missed.
There is a 0% for 12 months introductory rate and why would the APR ever matter? Only fools carry balances on credit cards.
Old Oct 5, 2011, 9:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There is a 0% for 12 months introductory rate and why would the APR ever matter? Only fools carry balances on credit cards.
While I agree, it still sucks if you had to, compared to other cards.

Where did you see the 0% BT offer?
Old Oct 5, 2011, 9:59 pm

Here is the offer: http://www.mostmiles.com/app/japply/...C33896&cpc=USA

Also heads up, do not use the BT check as they will not give you the 10,000 bonus miles. Very small print tells you this. I didn't catch this and hope and pray I will still get my miles as this is the only reason I did the BT!
Old Oct 5, 2011, 10:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Here is the offer: http://www.mostmiles.com/app/japply/...C33896&cpc=USA

Also heads up, do not use the BT check as they will not give you the 10,000 bonus miles. Very small print tells you this. I didn't catch this and hope and pray I will still get my miles as this is the only reason I did the BT!
Thanks. That makes sense about the checks. Not sure that I have that much to transfer to make it worth it.
Old Oct 5, 2011, 10:55 pm

Thanks. That makes sense about the checks. Not sure that I have that much to transfer to make it worth it.
I don't really think it makes any sense that they wouldn't give the bonus miles with the checks. They better fork mine over.
Old Oct 5, 2011, 11:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I don't really think it makes any sense that they wouldn't give the bonus miles with the checks. They better fork mine over.
I hope you get them. It makes sense to me in the aspect that any time I've gotten a BT check like that, they can be written and deposited into a checking account. Thus essentially becoming a no/low interest loan.

Not sure of Barclays' rules for the checks as I haven't seen them (i.e. must be written to creditor), but it wouldn't surprise me if that's their rationale though.
Old Oct 5, 2011, 11:07 pm

I hope you get them. It makes sense to me in the aspect that any time I've gotten a BT check like that, they can be written and deposited into a checking account. Thus essentially becoming a no/low interest loan.

Not sure of Barclays' rules for the checks as I haven't seen them (i.e. must be written to creditor), but it wouldn't surprise me if that's their rationale though.
Yeah, I am very upset about it. I would have used the online feature if it didn't warn that it could take 8 weeks to process. I called to ask and I have online confirmation that I was supposed to receive 10,000 bonus miles in yesterday's statement, but I did not. It was submitted up as a dispute, but I see them coming back with a big fat 0 for me.

I actually really like Barclay's customer service so far, but I don't like that the 15,000 bonus mile offer isn't available to everyone.
Old Oct 6, 2011, 6:06 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, CC Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, DL PM
I applied about a week and a half ago and was approved immediately for platinum. T&C that came with the card specifically states the 40,000 sign up bonus as well as all other benefits (nice communication). However, the First Class check-in and zone 2 boarding is only for Premier World and World Elite card holders. As this is not mentioned in the T&C on the application page, i wanted to give a heads-up. Not the reason that I got the card, but it might be important for someone.
Old Oct 6, 2011, 6:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by KathinJax
I applied about a week and a half ago and was approved immediately for platinum. T&C that came with the card specifically states the 40,000 sign up bonus as well as all other benefits (nice communication). However, the First Class check-in and zone 2 boarding is only for Premier World and World Elite card holders. As this is not mentioned in the T&C on the application page, i wanted to give a heads-up. Not the reason that I got the card, but it might be important for someone.
My email doesn't say anything about Premiere or Elite or even World. Mine says "You have been approved for the US Airways Dividend Miles® MasterCard® brought to you by Barclaycard US."

But it does say I get zone 2 boarding and first class check-in, in the email.

Am I missing something?
Old Oct 6, 2011, 12:09 pm

Programs: DL UA AA
Originally Posted by josephstern
My email doesn't say anything about Premiere or Elite or even World. Mine says "You have been approved for the US Airways Dividend Miles® MasterCard® brought to you by Barclaycard US."

But it does say I get zone 2 boarding and first class check-in, in the email.

Am I missing something?
The application for the card has this wording: Not everyone will qualify for the Premier World MasterCard. In order to be approved for a Premier World MasterCard and all of the benefits featured here you must meet the credit and income criteria previously established for this offer. If you do not qualify, we will automatically consider you for a Platinum card which offers fewer benefits [bolded by me]

I was not approved for the Premier World Card, just the Platinum. Barclays used to give you a smaller sign up bonus if you received the platinum card, but has changed that recently.

In the T&C's when you apply, they do not mention about the Zone 2 boarding/First class check-in to be limited to the Premiere World Mastercard, but the T&C enclosure that I got in the mail yesterday specifically mentioned it.

I just checked my e-mail and it does not have that listed as a benefit. If your e-mail states this as a benefit, then your were probably approved for the Premier and not the Platinum.
Old Oct 6, 2011, 5:59 pm

Programs: AA, SWA, CO, UA, PC Plat, HH Gold, SPG
I applied for myself and Mrs bj2757 and was instantly approved for both. Ends up she got the Premier Card and I got the Platinum with a quite a bit lower limit. I need to apply for more cards for her :-)

Anyway, just wanted to report that I received the cards this weekend, spent line $10 on each card on eBay, they hit the balance on the cards this morning so I paid them, and by this afternoon we both had 40,010 miles! One of the fastest I've ever had anything post.
Old Oct 6, 2011, 10:12 pm

Programs: SQ
AHHHH!!

So I finally got my first US CC statement, and the website says that my miles have been deposited. I go to look and.....they're not there. They've been transferred to a random account that they made for me when I signed up for the CC, even though I obviously gave them my DM account number.

This is frustrating, because I want the miles, and I want the GS hit. I think that I should try to call Barclays to get them to change my account number to my actual account number, but should I call US first to have them merge these accounts? This is irritating!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.