FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-consolidation-american-airlines-612/)
-   -   Hilton HHonors Gold status (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-consolidation-american-airlines/1241166-hilton-hhonors-gold-status.html)

twa777 Jul 26, 2011 6:40 pm

Hilton HHonors Gold status

Interesting ... out of the blue today I received an envelope with a Hilton HHonors Gold card, due to my "frequent travel with the US Airways Dividend Miles program". I wonder if they also looked at my US Airways Mastercard spending and saw that almost all my stays are with Marriott? The offer indicates it's targeted and not transferable so I guess it's not going out to everyone.

The included HHonors Gold card says it's 03/2013 (pretty nice -- I expected it would just be until spring of 2012). The letter also included an offer for 50,000 bonus points ("two free nights") after four stays between July 1st and October 31st, plus 500 DM after the first stay.

An interesting side note -- the letter was dated June 27, 2011. I wonder where it's been sitting for the past month.

lkar Jul 26, 2011 6:57 pm

Originally Posted by twa777 (Post 16803499)
The letter also included an offer for 50,000 bonus points ("two free nights") after four stays between July 1st and October 31st, plus 500 DM after the first stay.

That's a pretty good offer.

SS255 Jul 26, 2011 9:01 pm

I also just received an out-of-the-blue Hilton Gold card, with a generic "Welcome to Gold" letter, dated July 8, and no special offers. No reason was given. It expires 8/11. Very odd!!

ArizonaGuy Jul 26, 2011 9:12 pm

They've done this off and on over the years. Happened to me as far back as 2006 and I wasn't even US Preferred then. I'd just had their new "merged HP/US" credit card for a year.

MrColdShower Jul 27, 2011 7:09 am

I received a similar upgrade to gold a while back. I liked it then. Now that I earn Gold the hard/legitimate way, I am most resentful they're still doing this. :)

Seriously, though, the way Hilton has thrown open the doors to its elite program concerns me.

apeortdz Jul 27, 2011 7:29 am

My wife is HH gold for no reason and got that status over a year ago with a 2012 expiration date. I never figured out why until now. I suppose it is related to her Dividend Miles number and/or her US Airways MasterCard.

phlwookie Jul 27, 2011 11:37 am

I diverted my spend away from Hilton to Marriott and Starwood when Hilton devalued. They've practically been begging me back and have been keeping me at Gold. They also have comped my wife to Gold for the past three years though in that time she has a total of two stays there, so I think they're pretty loosely giving it away. I have not returned and am in no particular hurry to, but it strikes me that Diamond is the only truly valuable tier there.

dsquared37 Jul 28, 2011 1:10 am

Originally Posted by twa777 (Post 16803499)
Interesting ... out of the blue today I received an envelope with a Hilton HHonors Gold card, due to my "frequent travel with the US Airways Dividend Miles program". I wonder if they also looked at my US Airways Mastercard spending and saw that almost all my stays are with Marriott? The offer indicates it's targeted and not transferable so I guess it's not going out to everyone.

The included HHonors Gold card says it's 03/2013 (pretty nice -- I expected it would just be until spring of 2012). The letter also included an offer for 50,000 bonus points ("two free nights") after four stays between July 1st and October 31st, plus 500 DM after the first stay.

An interesting side note -- the letter was dated June 27, 2011. I wonder where it's been sitting for the past month.

I just received the same invite based upon my 'United airlines' travel. Valid through 03/13, but only a bonus of 6K points for 4 stays during the July 1-Oct 31 period.

And it was also dated June 27.

NB: I rarely stay at chain hotels.

dvanrip Jul 29, 2011 11:54 am

Originally Posted by dsquared37 (Post 16812471)
I just received the same invite based upon my 'United airlines' travel. Valid through 03/13, but only a bonus of 6K points for 4 stays during the July 1-Oct 31 period.

Interesting; I received the Gold invitation due to my US Airways membership, but instead of bonus Hilton points, they're offering 3k bonus Dividend Miles after 6 nights. The Gold status is good until Mar 2013, too.

I usually stay at Marriott properties when available, but this is certainly a helpful fallback...

dagrin Jul 29, 2011 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by dsquared37 (Post 16812471)

I also got it because of United airlines and my offer is 25k HHonors points + 5k UA miles for five stays by 10/31.

westau Jul 29, 2011 10:03 pm

I love seeing threads like this to remind me of the fact Hilton has NEVER sent me a physical card even though I was silver last year and am already gold this year....

miffSC Jul 29, 2011 10:56 pm

As either a Gold or Platinum over the past five years - then finally Chariman's, I never received this offer. My +1 who maintains Silver but also flies other airlines because of work (booked for him) did receive this offer a couple of years ago. I believe they have maintained him at Gold. Go figure.

r.brown Jul 30, 2011 10:51 am

I received this from Delta but not US. Diamond already with Hilton though.

The Delta offer gave me 50,000 Hilton points after 4 stays by October 31st. Gold status good until 2013.

tommyleo Jul 30, 2011 9:29 pm

Just got my Hilton Gold Card. I don't stay in hotels particularly often, and I don't have a preferred hotel chain. If I have four stays (not NIGHTS :td:) by 10/31/11, I receive 25,000 HHonors bonus points and 500 US DM after the first stay.

geo1005 Aug 1, 2011 8:00 am

tommyleo, I think you are the first Platinum (not CP) to report getting Hilton Gold gratis. Hopefully I'll find a card in my mailslot soon!