Original Poster

Programs: US-CP PCplatAmb HHgold MARgold
USAirways Club - 3,500 Preferred-qualifying miles

didn't see this posted yet.

3500 preferred miles for club membership
promo code CLB35

good for new or renewing memberships.
and $50 new member fee waived

as mine expired less than 1 year ago, I think that may leave me out.
but since it does allow the promo on 90 day memberships upgraded to annual, i can always go that route.

http://reservations.usairways.com/en...andoffers.html
Old Jul 13, 2011, 11:29 pm

Programs: US CP
Nice to know I got shafted out of 3,000 PQMs.
Old Jul 14, 2011, 4:11 am

Programs: UA, AA, AS, SPG.
Nice, thanks for posting! My membership expires in Feb. I wonder if I renew now if it tacks on 12 months from today or 12 months from the end of my current membership.
Old Jul 14, 2011, 4:35 am

Programs: AA EXP ; Cunard Plat
Originally Posted by uva185
...My membership expires in Feb. I wonder if I renew now if it tacks on 12 months from today or 12 months from the end of my current membership.
According to the T&Cs (relevant portion below, emphasis mine), unfortunately your Feb expiration is not within 3 months of renewal and therefore not eligible for this 3500 EQM offer

... Preferred-qualifying bonus offer available to new US Airways Club annual members and current members who are eligible for renewal (new member defined as any Dividend Miles member that has not had an active annual US Airways Club membership in the last 12 months. Member eligible for renewal is defined as any member within 3 months of renewal).
Old Jul 14, 2011, 4:40 am

Programs: US-CP, UA, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Avis,
Originally Posted by Wally Bird AZ
Nice to know I got shafted out of 3,000 PQMs.
How did you get shafted? Because, you know, that implies someone tricked or cheated you out of something. And if there's trickery afoot, please let others know so they can avoid it!

Originally Posted by uva185
Nice, thanks for posting! My membership expires in Feb. I wonder if I renew now if it tacks on 12 months from today or 12 months from the end of my current membership.
the T&C say "renewing member" is within 90 days of renewal. It's not clear if that's to renew at all or just miss the initiation fee but I have the feeling it's both

PS this offer is good till August 31; I'm going to hold off a bit and see if there's a GS2011 and if there's any way to use this as a hit. I expire Aug 15 so this is great timing for me!!
Old Jul 14, 2011, 4:44 am

Programs: Nothing shiny :-(
Originally Posted by dcpatti
PS this offer is good till August 31; I'm going to hold off a bit and see if there's a GS2011 and if there's any way to use this as a hit. I expire Aug 15 so this is great timing for me!!
If there is a GS2011 (and I'll be mightily peeved if there isn't!), it's bound to kick in on 1 Sep then
Old Jul 14, 2011, 4:49 am

Originally Posted by louie-m
If there is a GS2011 (and I'll be mightily peeved if there isn't!), it's bound to kick in on 1 Sep then
Indeed it is... But if it kicks off on Aug 15 and you already bought a club membership, you'll be pretty peeved too!

We should at least know if there's a GS by Aug 25...
Old Jul 14, 2011, 8:50 am

Programs: US CP
DCP--peace--Well, we could parse words here but had I let my membership expire for a couple of months, there would have been 1) no penalty to pick it back up and 2) I would have gotten 3K more PQMs. So whether it was getting shafted or not is I guess irrelevant. As a memeber I was not treated the same as another member in terms of renewal benefit and there are a whole group of members whose renewal dates are not within the window where they can hit this deal. I've seen 1K PQMs offered for renewal and I guess next to 500 it's not that different but 3500 vs 500 is a cross country trip.

Just not feeling the love on this one.
Old Jul 14, 2011, 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by Wally Bird AZ
DCP--peace--Well, we could parse words here but had I let my membership expire for a couple of months, there would have been 1) no penalty to pick it back up and 2) I would have gotten 3K more PQMs. So whether it was getting shafted or not is I guess irrelevant. As a memeber I was not treated the same as another member in terms of renewal benefit and there are a whole group of members whose renewal dates are not within the window where they can hit this deal. I've seen 1K PQMs offered for renewal and I guess next to 500 it's not that different but 3500 vs 500 is a cross country trip.

Just not feeling the love on this one.
That's the nature of promos. Sometimes they can be used to your advantage and sometimes they are of no use to you. It's not a renewal benefit being offered but rather a promotion designed to increase sales. Heck, if they'd not run any promotion at all, you'd not feel shafted.
Old Jul 14, 2011, 3:34 pm

Programs: Too many to list. Status is a half dozen.
I sincerely hope (wishful thinking only for now) this promo ends on 8/31 because the next great promo (cough Grand Slam IV cough) starts on 9/1.

I'm only renewing if there's a cheapo sale like they've occasionally done in the sub-$300 price range (with no miles) or if I really need it for a promotional purpose. Otherwise Amex Platinum will be in my fall app-o-rama just before my current club membership runs out in October. And even then I might still use the Amex $200 fee credit towards a club membership for full RCC and *A lounge access.
Old Jul 14, 2011, 4:05 pm

Programs: US Chairman
My last membership expired 9/1/2010. Any way I can take advantage of this offer?

TIA
Lydia
Old Jul 14, 2011, 4:33 pm

If they can make it $269 + 3500 PQM, I would have given it a closer look. I do hope something better will show. However, looking at how quiet US has been for the first seven months, I really wondered if they would give any HSJ, DPQM promotions for elites, considering UA/CO, AA, and DL have been doing this all year long.
Old Jul 14, 2011, 10:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: US-CP PCplatAmb HHgold MARgold
here's my plan

Originally Posted by lydia
My last membership expired 9/1/2010. Any way I can take advantage of this offer?

TIA
Lydia
Lydia - buy the 90 day membership, then upgrade it to the annual

Ripvan
Old Jul 14, 2011, 10:51 pm

Programs: US-CP; Marriott Gold;
Been a "lurker" for years. Registered today to thank all for the heads up on this one.
Old Jul 15, 2011, 8:33 am

Programs: US Chairman
Thanks Ripvan!

Lydia

Originally Posted by ripvan
Lydia - buy the 90 day membership, then upgrade it to the annual

Ripvan

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.