First class on regional jets

Old Aug 18, 2011, 12:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
In Oct I think, the seat map showed FC but being sold as Y.

Originally Posted by Tadich
Just curious, which dates did you encounter this for the FAT flights?
Old Aug 18, 2011, 5:33 am

Programs: Free Agent
Another data point. Booked PHL-BTV on 10/14, in one of the preferred seats (Row 2) that would become FC. Seat map shows the ability to choose seats in the first 3 rows for preferreds. Returning 10/18 BTV-DCA in coach, with the first 3 rows being sold as FC (so I'm back in 6). Both flights operated by Republic as E175's.
Old Aug 18, 2011, 6:20 am

Location: The views I express here are not necessarily supported by any airline or codeshare partners, nor do I represent their views and/or opinions. They are my own OPINIONS dont like them dont read them.....
I have to say im getting excited about it. Our training department is doing a run through of the new service today with inflight management, supervisors, line and union flight attendants. I wish I could go over today and see the demo.
Old Aug 18, 2011, 7:09 am

Programs: US CP
For what it's worth....Was recently on a US Express Mesa Air flight on a CRJ900 and asked the flight attendant. She said that the first class seat reconfig would happen on those planes in November.
Old Aug 18, 2011, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
According to US web page this is what is stated about the CRJ-900s

Canadair Regional Jet 900

Aircraft in fleet: 38
First Class seats: 9
First Class legroom: 38"
Buy seats & get free upgrades: December 2011

Originally Posted by Wally Bird AZ
For what it's worth....Was recently on a US Express Mesa Air flight on a CRJ900 and asked the flight attendant. She said that the first class seat reconfig would happen on those planes in November.
Old Aug 18, 2011, 4:37 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, UA-Premier Silver, AA EXP, Hilton Gold, SPG Plat.
E175, wonderful in any seat...

OK you upgrade snobs.... reality check. I have always hated USAir, HATED! Awful planes, awful interiors the most uncomfortable seats in the air... I just today flew on an E175 from CLT-CLE. I loved the plane, comfort in any seat. I was blown away. Since moving to CLE 2 years ago I have been doing UA/CO/AA on RJs and CRJs. Yes, even an RJ from CLE to MIA and DFW if you can believe that?...Not again. And since I can get my miles on CO/UA while flying on USAir, I will be seeking out those E175 flights from now on... So my hat is off for the E175!

Last edited by orli-flier; Aug 18, 2011 at 4:47 pm Reason: punctuation
Old Aug 18, 2011, 8:06 pm

Programs: None
Don't ignore the E170 - just a shorter version of the 175. Haven't flown on a mainline E190 yet but it should be about the same as it's just a longer version of the 175.

There is one thing to keep in mind. US is putting in a FC section on the larger Express planes like the 170/175 and I don't know if that'll affect coach seat pitch, which SeatGuru lists at 31-32 inches. The mainline 190's already have FC and coach has a 31 inch pitch per SeatGuru. Except for that, the wider fuselage does make them more comfortable than the CRJ's. For domestic coach, I think the 170/175 have been a favorite with the FF's from the start.

Jim
Old Aug 18, 2011, 9:37 pm

Location: The views I express here are not necessarily supported by any airline or codeshare partners, nor do I represent their views and/or opinions. They are my own OPINIONS dont like them dont read them.....
Okay I got the low down on how the planes will be rotated through for the FC reconfiguration. The first 4 planes will be pulled off line and ferried from different points to Dothan, Alabama starting 1 per day on the 20th. On the 21st the DCA-HSV will terminate at 1600 and ferry to Dothan. The pilots will then Ferry a finished plane back to HSV for the 0600ish departure. on the 22nd the same will happen from JAX. The two are scheduled to alternate each day until complete. This is subject to change based on interiors available. AFAIK the deleivery is on schedule but has not arrived. Apparently BHM was supposed to be the other ferry point but US only gave a short reduced rest overnight so no can do on that one.
Old Aug 19, 2011, 11:42 am

Originally Posted by BoeingBoy
Don't ignore the E170 - just a shorter version of the 175. Haven't flown on a mainline E190 yet but it should be about the same as it's just a longer version of the 175.

There is one thing to keep in mind. US is putting in a FC section on the larger Express planes like the 170/175 and I don't know if that'll affect coach seat pitch, which SeatGuru lists at 31-32 inches. The mainline 190's already have FC and coach has a 31 inch pitch per SeatGuru. Except for that, the wider fuselage does make them more comfortable than the CRJ's. For domestic coach, I think the 170/175 have been a favorite with the FF's from the start.

Jim
But seats 2A and 2B on the 175 are so choice.
Old Aug 19, 2011, 11:58 am

Programs: UA*1K & UA Club, National Ex. Elite, Hertz Pres. Circ., Amex Plat., CLEAR
Seat 2A is already my favourite on the E175, which will be an F seat if you end up on one of the chimera flights. On my flight Sunday morning this was a "preferred" (not choice) seat.
Old Aug 19, 2011, 3:21 pm

Programs: AA PPro, Mariott Ambassador, B6 Mosaic, SBUX Gold, Best Buy Elite
Originally Posted by cwe84
Okay I got the low down on how the planes will be rotated through for the FC reconfiguration. The first 4 planes will be pulled off line and ferried from different points to Dothan, Alabama starting 1 per day on the 20th. On the 21st the DCA-HSV will terminate at 1600 and ferry to Dothan. The pilots will then Ferry a finished plane back to HSV for the 0600ish departure. on the 22nd the same will happen from JAX. The two are scheduled to alternate each day until complete. This is subject to change based on interiors available. AFAIK the deleivery is on schedule but has not arrived. Apparently BHM was supposed to be the other ferry point but US only gave a short reduced rest overnight so no can do on that one.
of what month?
Old Aug 19, 2011, 3:58 pm

Sept.
Old Aug 31, 2011, 1:22 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
USAirways posted a "sneak peek" of the new FC on Express via their @USAirways Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/USAirways/stat...81139645022208

The photo doesn't show much, but it's something!
Old Aug 31, 2011, 1:47 pm

Programs: BA Gold, American Airlines, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by b8brooks
The photo doesn't show much, but it's something!
Looks about as I expected. Which is to say nice!

Note that this is a real E175 (not a mock-up) so that bird should rejoin the fleet soon. They don't like to have planes sitting around too long without passengers on them...
Old Aug 31, 2011, 1:59 pm

Programs: US Chairman, Delta Silver, UA Premier, Hyatt Platinum
The seatmap for my PIT-BOS flight on Tue. shows that it's a reconfigured 175. That could certainly change, but I'm in 2A right now, and I'll report back!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.