"Turn off Electronic Devices" sign

Old May 31, 2011, 2:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL - PM (Sky Priority);HH - Gold; Marriott - Silver; National - Executive; DL Reserve AMEX
"Turn off Electronic Devices" sign

I liked the "Turn Off Electronic Devices" sign instead of the completely useless "no-smoking" sign on the A321 I flew on Sunday night. Other airlines should follow suit.
Old May 31, 2011, 10:33 pm

Programs: I miss US Airways
I've noticed it only on the super-new deliveries. Wouldn't make too much sense to go retrofit every plane when they still say over the speakers when you can turn them on then have to turn them off.
Old May 31, 2011, 10:54 pm

Programs: AAExP, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, IHG Spire, Marriott Plat
Yes - but it is a nice addition. You would think we would have the No Smoking thing down by now.
Old Jun 1, 2011, 6:23 am

Programs: US CP, DL nothing
I think the East Airbus fleet has always had these signs. The pre-merger west planes don't.
Old Jun 2, 2011, 4:46 am

Programs: US, CO, Marriott
Most East flights have them.
Old Jun 2, 2011, 5:39 am

Programs: Skymiles Silver, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by cessnadriver
I think the East Airbus fleet has always had these signs. The pre-merger west planes don't.
Correct. When US East started taking delivery of the Airbus planes in the late 90's they had them.
Old Jun 3, 2011, 9:12 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum. AA and UA as well, but I don't care about them anymore.
Originally Posted by rd7242
Correct. When US East started taking delivery of the Airbus planes in the late 90's they had them.
I like them too, to be honest. But one thing I've noticed is that the definition of "electronic device" seems to be rather fluid.

For example, my Nook e-reader...

I have never been scolded for having it out when in First (and I've never noticed anyone else being asked to turn their Nook or Kindle off in First) but in Economy, I feel like they're about to call the air marshals if I even look at an electronic device.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.