Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ENVOY Enhancements May 1

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2011, 6:17 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, Hilton-Diamond, UA-1K
Originally Posted by dcpatti
Any plans for Fast Track immigration passes for Envoy passengers, at the airports that have a Fast Track/priority line? Or have they always been there and I've just been too asleep to notice? I fly regularly to the UK with my UK-citizen fella; he sails thru the EU Citizens line and taunts me while I wilt and wait in the non-citizens line. It's taken 75 minutes to get through at LHR That Fast Track line sure is nice but I can only get into it when I fly VS.
DCPatti, have you checked on your eligibility to enroll in the IRIS program. Last year when I was based in London, I enrolled in this program (its the UK equivalent of global entry). During normal operation, I used to clear immigration in less than 5 minutes. (I am an indian citizen). The enrollment offices for the IRIS program are located in the departure halls ajust after security.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Are the appetizers pre-plated now? or still presented from a cart brought through the aisle? Are desserts also presented from a cart or preplated on the tray now?
Old Aug 25, 2011, 11:45 am

Programs: None
One of our resident FA's who work Envoy can correct me if necessary, but it appears to depend on the flight. Departures before 9pm both are served separately, not on the tray. Departures @ or after 9pm the appetizer is on the tray, but the dessert/fruit/cheese is off the cart.

Jim
Old Aug 25, 2011, 1:03 pm
Original Poster

Location: The views I express here are not necessarily supported by any airline or codeshare partners, nor do I represent their views and/or opinions. They are my own OPINIONS dont like them dont read them.....
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Are the appetizers pre-plated now? or still presented from a cart brought through the aisle? Are desserts also presented from a cart or preplated on the tray now?
The appetizer is pre-plated on the ray with the salad.

Desserts are presented from a cart....a conventional dessert, parfait. or ice cream.
Old Aug 26, 2011, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Is fruit/cheese still offered? Sad to see the appetizer tray go...that was always something that differentiated US. CO still does that though.
Old Aug 27, 2011, 3:10 pm
Original Poster

Location: The views I express here are not necessarily supported by any airline or codeshare partners, nor do I represent their views and/or opinions. They are my own OPINIONS dont like them dont read them.....
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Is fruit/cheese still offered? Sad to see the appetizer tray go...that was always something that differentiated US. CO still does that though.
Fruit/cheese still offered. No appetizer tray...hated that! PITA!!
Old Aug 27, 2011, 3:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BoeingBoy
One of our resident FA's who work Envoy can correct me if necessary, but it appears to depend on the flight. Departures before 9pm both are served separately, not on the tray. Departures @ or after 9pm the appetizer is on the tray, but the dessert/fruit/cheese is off the cart.

Jim
Yes
Old Aug 27, 2011, 3:25 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, MR-PP
I guess I'll hopefully check this one out tonight on PHL-TLV. From the description it sounds wonderful!
Old Aug 27, 2011, 3:29 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, SkyMiles
Pictures, anyone? I'm curious!
Old Aug 27, 2011, 6:18 pm

Location: Somewhere west of the Atlantic Ocean and east of the Pacific Ocean...
Programs: Elite of none; flyer of many
What is the system for taking meal orders in Envoy? Is it front-to-back on all flights, done by status, or is there some other method?
Old Aug 27, 2011, 10:17 pm

Programs: None
Meals are served front to back in Envoy. Again, one or our resident FA's can correct me but I haven't seen anything to indicate that orders aren't taken like domestic (or promptly forgot it if I saw anything). Even numbered flights one way and odd the other (sorry, don't recall which is front-back and which is back-front.

Jim
Old Aug 27, 2011, 10:52 pm

Programs: SPG/Marriott Gold, National Emerald Executive
I believe the acronym FEBO describes where service starts, depending on even or odd flight numbers (Front-Even, Back-Odd).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.