ORD: F Priority through security?

Old Mar 18, 2011, 12:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT
ORD: F Priority through security?

I've never flown US Air before and ORD can be hectic early Monday mornings - friends without status have actually missed flights with 60 min.

I'm flying F, ORD-PHX-SJD and sounds like there's no priority boarding line but I'm wondering if there's a priority line through security (I don't even know what terminal US Air is in at ORD?)

tia

Also -- any thought on how difficult it is to transfer Int'l-domestic in PHX for the return? I have 65 min and if I miss the connection, I'm spending the night.... thx!
Old Mar 18, 2011, 1:08 pm

Programs: US-CP, UA, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Avis,
There is a priority security line at ORD but it's hit or miss; due to the large number of UA elites based at ORD, and the large number of non-status passengers in paid F on UA, the priority lines can be longer than the regular lines. I can't remember off the top of my head which terminal US is in but there are two or three security gates from this terminal that all dump you in the same place on the other side, so it's worth a walk down to see if one has a shorter line. Sometimes the closest one is backed up to the ticket counter but the next one down to the left has got tumbleweeds blowing across it.
Old Mar 18, 2011, 2:07 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by fishee
Also -- any thought on how difficult it is to transfer Int'l-domestic in PHX for the return? I have 65 min and if I miss the connection, I'm spending the night.... thx!
I'd suggest looking through this thread on connecting through PHX--

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-ai...x-airport.html

What day/time is this? If your flight comes in around the same time as the BA flight, it will severely impact your ability to transfer on-time (BA doesn't come into PHX on Wednesdays). Are you traveling alone, w/others, checking luggage, and do you have status on US (or *A)?
Old Mar 18, 2011, 3:21 pm

Programs: US-Chairman, Hyatt_Diamond
Originally Posted by fishee
I'm flying F, ORD-PHX-SJD and sounds like there's no priority boarding line but I'm wondering if there's a priority line through security (I don't even know what terminal US Air is in at ORD?)
US Airways uses the F Concourse in Chicago and there is a priority security line. While there are many U Elites originating, few of then actually use this entrance since most of the gates are Express.
Old Mar 18, 2011, 5:27 pm

Programs: US C.P.
i go thru phx immigration a couple of times a month. you have a tight fit. the problem is that the baggage can take up to a half hour to appear, so you can re-check it. THEN, you have a fairly long walk and have to re-clear security before you get your connecting flight. I like an hour and half to feel comfortable.
Old Mar 18, 2011, 8:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT
thx for the helpful replies. I'm gonna assume I'll be fine with 60 min for a Mon 7 am flight.

I'm returning through PHX on Sun at around 5:30 pm, carry-on only, no status except with oneworld. I've never gone through immigration in PHX but no checked luggage usually helps quite a bit with time. (Unless I'm in ATL -- good god, that airport was as chaotic as MIA).
Old Mar 18, 2011, 9:11 pm

Programs: US C.P.
carry on and F, you should be fine. as i said above, it is the luggage that you need to allow the half hour for
Old Mar 19, 2011, 11:02 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold
Originally Posted by ALCARLOS
US Airways uses the F Concourse in Chicago and there is a priority security line. While there are many U Elites originating, few of then actually use this entrance since most of the gates are Express.
+1, it is to the left of the "middle" security line at T2.

I just used it (as a UA 1P) in Jan. (IIRC, there is a sign that might have said something about allowing US, AC and DL F/elites).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.