Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines)
Reload this Page >

US Airways Dining: United's miles are twice as valuable as US's miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2011, 6:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA lifetime Gold, United Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Spire, Hertz Gold

I filled out a very quick survey after getting an email from US Airways Dividend Miles Dining program. Of course, this is run by a third party that runs similar programs for other airlines. Interesting how they figure out the value of a mile. Also interesting that they figure Mileage Plus miles are worth nearly twice as much as Dividend Miles.

Here's a copy and paste from their site:

No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited. Official rules are available here. The sweepstakes is sponsored by Rewards Network Establishment Services Inc. There are four prizes, and each prize is either 2,500 Dividend Miles ($65 value), 2,500 Mileage PlusŪ miles ($125 value) or 2,400 Rapid Rewards points ($60 value). The form of prize will correspond to the program in which a winner is enrolled. The odds of winning depend on the number of valid entries received. The Sweepstakes ends on March 11, 2011. Only open to respondents who are legal U.S. residents, 18 years of age or older, who received a link via email to a survey from Sponsor regarding ratings and reviews feedback and who complete and submit the survey.
Old Mar 7, 2011, 6:13 pm

Programs: AA Plat
Originally Posted by chrisphx
Interesting how they figure out the value of a mile. Also interesting that they figure Mileage Plus miles are worth nearly twice as much as Dividend Miles.
I would presume this assessment is dictated by the agreements between the individual loyalty program and Dining Rewards. US must charge Dining Rewards .026 / mile while UA must charge .05 /mile.

Not sure that necessarily translates to the value of a mile in the account of a member...
Old Mar 7, 2011, 9:40 pm

Programs: US CP, UA, HH Gold, Marriott Plat, DL, AA, CO, ++
Considering Star-net blocking and all.... I think, "p-tewy".

HTSC

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.