Wiki Posts
Search

2011 Chicago Seminar DO

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2011, 6:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: US-CP, UA, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Avis,
2011 Chicago Seminar DO

In case you wanted to go, the dates and sessions have been announced and hotel booking info should be on its way soon:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/commu...r-29-30th.html

Last year's event was really informative plus a lot of fun, although I think MiffSC and I were the only US elites there (or at least the only ones willing to admit it LOL)

Hopefully a few more US enthusiasts will go this year, which might cause a little more US-specific info to be included in the seminars, and in later years.

Anyway check out the thread--- definitely one of the better FT events I've been to!
Old Mar 1, 2011, 7:29 am

Programs: AAExP, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, IHG Spire, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by dcpatti
In case you wanted to go, the dates and sessions have been announced and hotel booking info should be on its way soon:

Last year's event was really informative plus a lot of fun, although I think MiffSC and I were the only US elites there (or at least the only ones willing to admit it LOL)

Hopefully a few more US enthusiasts will go this year, which might cause a little more US-specific info to be included in the seminars, and in later years.

Anyway check out the thread--- definitely one of the better FT events I've been to!
Are you going to be there again? If so.... I'll look forward to seeing you! There were actually about five US elites there We formed our own little support group!
Old Mar 1, 2011, 8:37 am
Original Poster

Yep planning on being there again, hopefully as a sponsor if we ever finish our various app projects. Apple hates us right now
Old Mar 1, 2011, 10:09 am

Programs: AA PlatPro, Hilton Diamond
I might try to make it up to this event. When it gets closer we should take a roll call and try to go out to dinner or get together for drinks.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 10:16 am
Original Poster

I'd definitely recommend, for anyone interested, watch that thread closely and be ready when registration opens. Last year, the host hotel sold out in 15 hours or so, and although there were overflow hotels, the transport back and forth via hotel shuttle made that a pretty annoying experience. The registration itself last year sold out quickly, then another 200 seats or so were added, which also sold out quickly. This year's registration fee is higher and the host hotel is requesting the first night's booking be non-refundable, totally understandable given how people can no-show more easily on something that only costs $20. But I do believe the organizers will stick to their "no waitlist" policy. So if you're interested, I'd definitely recommend moving quickly once registration is formally opened.

I'd be happy to meet up for dinner/drinks/whatever during the event!
Old Mar 1, 2011, 2:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
I would really like to attend this, but right now the dates and uncertainly of the Star Alliance Mega Do III schedule make it difficult for me to plan any fall travel.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 3:30 pm
Original Poster

FYI the hotel booking info just went up--- see Post #2 of the thread I linked in the first post.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 9:32 pm

Programs: AAExP, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, IHG Spire, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by SS255
I would really like to attend this, but right now the dates and uncertainly of the Star Alliance Mega Do III schedule make it difficult for me to plan any fall travel.
I thought StarMegaDoIII was scheduled for September - and early September at that. Tuck this one into your hat though!
Old Mar 2, 2011, 6:26 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards-Lifetime Titanium, Priority Club-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, United-Silver

I'll be there. Thanks for posting, Patti!
Old Mar 2, 2011, 6:37 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 100K | Delta Diamond | Hyatt Globalist | Hilton Diamond
I'll also be there... Really looking forward to it!
Old Mar 2, 2011, 9:01 am

Programs: US-Chairman, Hyatt_Diamond
Thanks for letting the US Form know. I was able to get a room reserved and will see you there.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 9:22 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Originally Posted by miffSC
I thought StarMegaDoIII was scheduled for September - and early September at that. Tuck this one into your hat though!
There was a posting in the teaser thread in CommunityBuzz that Tommy would be sending out a survey this week (bearing in mind that Star Mega Do time runs on its own schedule ) asking whether September or November would be better. I believe they were having some issues with hotel availability the week after Labor Day. The first week of November is not out of the running yet, and if it's that week, it will most likely conflict with the Chicago Seminar DO.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 9:34 am
Original Poster

I booked to arrive on the Thursday of that week (will probably telecommute from the hotel on Friday and conserve my leave days). It's way too early for me to book travel unless the fares are really good--- but when we start booking flights, a mini US forum dinner/cocktail outing/something might not be a bad idea! The problem will be transportation, as with the number of guests, hotel shuttle services will be limited/slow/busy getting people from the airport, and there's not a lot of choice in the area without a car. But as we get closer to the date, I would love to plan some sort of gathering!
Old Mar 2, 2011, 9:44 am

Programs: US CP, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Plat, *wood Gold, Amex Plat
I'm booked as well. Thanks for the heads-up Patti.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 9:14 pm

Programs: Marriott Pl, SPG PL, Hilton Gold, UA Silver, SWA CP
I booked to arrive on the Thursday of that week (will probably telecommute from the hotel on Friday and conserve my leave days). It's way too early for me to book travel unless the fares are really good--- but when we start booking flights, a mini US forum dinner/cocktail outing/something might not be a bad idea! The problem will be transportation, as with the number of guests, hotel shuttle services will be limited/slow/busy getting people from the airport, and there's not a lot of choice in the area without a car. But as we get closer to the date, I would love to plan some sort of gathering!
Sounds good! Booked hotel last night! Will arrive on Friday, but will book flight later, and will be monitoring flight costs during the next few months.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.