US limits on off-peak envoy seats

Old Jul 22, 2010, 3:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
US limits on off-peak envoy seats

Looking for a late winter hop over to EU using the 60,000 mile Envoy award category.

On any number of dates, I can find plenty of Envoy routings for ONE envoy seat. But not two.

Is this one of those times where they have only one Envoy seat or are they not allowing two seats to be redeemed together (kinda like they do when four of you tries to buy a certain fare bucket)?
Old Jul 22, 2010, 3:56 pm

Programs: AA Plat
I wouldn't bank on much success in looking for the off peak awards until two to three months prior to departure.
Old Jul 22, 2010, 5:35 pm

Programs: Too many to list. Status is a half dozen.
I found plenty of availability for two on several routes between 330 and 300 days out. As said, it may change again closer in.
Old Aug 4, 2010, 7:15 am
Original Poster

Well, looks like US opened up some availability to FCO and LHR for the off-peak award.

The Mrs and I are now booked to FCO in Envoy for 55,000 miles each and only $50 each in fees/taxes. Pretty damned good. Too bad its an A330-300, but I'll take most any C class seat over a Y class seat.

Last edited by IADCAflyer; Aug 4, 2010 at 8:05 am Reason: US, not UA....and correction for error in fees
Old Aug 4, 2010, 8:00 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ITRADE
Well, looks like UA opened up some availablity to FCO and LHR for the off-peak award.

The Mrs and I are now booked to FCO in Envoy for 55,000 miles each and only $25 each in fees/taxes. Pretty damned good. Too bad its an A330-300, but I'll take most any C class seat over a Y class seat.
May I ask what month you are flying?
Old Aug 4, 2010, 8:04 am
Original Poster

Early February...In time for Valentines day.
Old Aug 4, 2010, 8:07 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ITRADE
Early February...In time for Valentines day.
Thanks. I suspected that as I think that promo is only for Jan-Feb. The wife and I plan to take her niece to FCO in February 2012 in Envoy but I wondered if we could wait until March or April but I guess not.
Old Aug 4, 2010, 8:11 am
Original Poster

No, its pretty clearly an off peak award designed to fill seats in the winter months. I think places like FCO and MAD are safe bets in winter (not too cold). You'd be a bit more daring to try FRA or AMS in February.

OTOH, ZRH might be a real good option if you are a skiier.
Old Feb 12, 2011, 10:16 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA Plat, VS Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by DCAorBust
I wouldn't bank on much success in looking for the off peak awards until two to three months prior to departure.
Think it'll be similar for off peak to brazil in october? Want two envoy seats, but there isn't a single one available all month long. Should I book in Y and hope I can change my reservation as it gets a little closer?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.